What do you Create in Second Life! Show me what ya got!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4043 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi everyone!  As some of you know, I am a Space Craft Builder here in Second Life.  I love anything to do about space, and space flight.  The following are some of my creations.

coupe_001.png

This is a space coupe.  It is a physical vehicle, and will carry 2 passengers.  This is one of my smallest builds.

shuttle_001.png

This is an orbital shuttle.  It is a physical vehicle also.  It is very fun ship to fly!

transport_001.png

This is a transport ship.  It is a Non Physical vehicle, and will carry 6 passengers.

Saucer_001.png

This is a Flying Saucer.  It is a non physical ship.  It has weapons.  It has 3 scene rezzers, that will rez out a bar, captains quarters, and a galley.  The thrusters give off particles in flight.  Very fun ship to fly!

RV_001.png

This is what I call the Space RV.  It is a Non Physical ship.  It has 3 scene rezzers, that include a galley, captains quarters, sick bay, living area, bar, and library.  I think this one is my favorite builds!

Lunar Lander_001.png

This is the Lunar Lander.  It is a non physical ship.I am currently working on this build.  It will have scene rezzer, and a small pod in the landing bay.

battleship_001.png

This is a Battleship.  It is a Non Physical vehicle.  It has weapons, and scene rezzers.  It has a war room, a bar, captains quarters, library, sick bay, engineering section, and a small pod in landing bay.  One of my favorite builds!

Valhala_001.png

I can not take credit for this build.  It is a very large space station in the middle of the sim, at about 3000 meters.  It is made of sculpts!  What a build!

Ok!  Now it is your turn!  Show me your favorite builds!  Show us what you got!

Peace!

• Like 3

[removed quote]

thought it might help if people could actually see the images (the relative URLS were off by a folder level or two so I replaced them with fell paths)

PS
I mostly script, so not a lot of building happening, but I'll see if I can't find some shots of two recent person demo projects.

ETA:
Probably just as well that you don't take credit on the last one.... looks quite a bit like some of the Galspan bases from Tachyon

ETA@:
I see you got it fixed now, no need for my quote

it's the relative links... the folder depth is different when you are replying or linked in to a particular (highlighted) post.

you can easily see the difference by clicking on options for the post and selecting highlight.

the same thing happens if you click the link for the most recent post in forum view.

• Like 1

Void Singer wrote:

it's the relative links... the folder depth is different when you are replying or linked in to a particular (highlighted) post.

you can easily see the difference by clicking on options for the post and selecting highlight.

the same thing happens if you click the link for the most recent post in forum view.

I think I fixed it this time Void!  Sigh!  Thanks for the heads up!

Peace!

based on several steampunk revisions of a popular New England Rifle Factory* handgun. no moving parts, although I did add my own gun script to it.

A Poor Replica of a New England Rifle Manufactuers Handgun

this was quick built for a competition to see if my tunings for a vehicle script speed and turn performance profile were correct.... it contain all sorts of SF reference including ST, RD, 2010, Jetsons, and a few other geeky in jokes in the ad copy....the running lights flash, the engine flares are animated at three speeds, and the anchor ties disappear when you board it (they're part of a separate rezzor). the engine speed was custom tuned to 7.75m/s at top speed and handles region border crossing and high lag extremely well.

VSX-701 "Red Dwarf"

ETA:
notice that the rigging does not suffer from the normal alpha sorting problem (most of the time, it's impossible to eliminate entirely)... this was done with an inner cylinder textured on the outside only, perfectly matched to an outer hollow cylinder textured on the inside only... the tie down ropes use the same technique, and are only actually 2 prims for all four textured at the edges of the faces. the tie down spikes are a single tortured tube each.

ETA2:
spelign, and corrected the company psuedonym of the weapon (which is a joke itself... make it an acronym to get the joke)

Void Singer wrote:

based on several steampunk revisions of a popular New England Rifle Manufacturers handgun. no moving parts, although I did add my own gun script to it.

A Poor Replica of a New England Rifle Manufactuers Handgun

this was quick built for a competition to see if my tunings for a vehicle script speed and turn performance profile were correct.... it contain all sorts of SF reference including ST, RD, 2010, Jetsons, and a few other geeky in jokes in the ad copy....the running lights flash, the engine flares are animated at three speeds, and the anchor ties disapear when you board it (they're part of a separate rezzor). the engine speed was custom tuned to 7.75m/s at top speed and handles sim crossing and high lag extremely well.

VSX-701 "Red Dwarf"

ETA:

notice that the rigging dose not suffer from the normal alpha sorting problem (most of the time, it's impossible to eliminate entirely)... this was done with an inner cylender textured on the outside only, perfectly matched to an outer hollow cylinder tectured on the inside only... the tiedown ropes use the same technique, and are only actually 2 prims for all four.

Wow Void!  So nice!  Thanks for sharing this!

Peace!

Am I allowed to put a mesh here? Here is a two-prim* mesh staircase. Could do something similar with sculpties, but I would never have got the textures as correct. And you can walk up these without adding invisible things. OK, I know, I need to put a cross-cut texture on the tops of the posts!

*cheating a bit, there's no collision shape on the outside of the steps because it's going to be against a wall. That might add another prim cost.

meshstairs.jpg

PS. Did some expertiments - I think I could make this with one sculpty with reasonable texturing but no LOD protection, but (a) it would have the smooth shading at the sharp corners problem, and (b) it would be 2048 triangles while the mesh is only 272 triangles.

• Like 1

Drongle McMahon wrote:

Am I allowed to put a mesh here? Here is a two-prim* mesh staircase. Could do something similar with sculpties, but I would never have got the textures as correct. And you can walk up these without adding invisible things. OK, I know, I need to put a cross-cut texture on the tops of the posts!

*cheating a bit, there's no collision shape on the outside of the steps because it's going to be against a wall. That might add another prim cost.

meshstairs.jpg

That is so cool! Great build!  You are so talanted!  Thanks for sharing your build!  Sending out a Kudo to you!

Peace!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4043 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.