Unable to unpack packages

St3phan13

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2508 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

When i make purchases I recieve the items no problems at all. If it is a box i can hold to unpack i dont have any problems either, however if it is a package i have to rezz then click to unpack the items wont load. I have the second life viewer, and when i click to open the package i get the menu that says items loading, but they never do. I have tried everything i can think of, clean install, different sims, redeliver, but nothing seems to work.

• Like 1

7 answers to this question

Try Right Clicking and OPEN if you have not.  This is the "old time" method that works when the others fail. Sometimes the scripts used are tricky and will not give items with certain permissions -- and sometimes SL is just being funky.  I use Firestorm but this "should" work with the official viewer also. Good luck.

The standard way is (1) go to a place where you have permission to rez objects (such as a sandbox), (2) drag the box to the ground, (3) right-click the box, select "open", (4) click "copy to inventory", (5) delete the box. At each stage, wait until the previous operation has fully completed.

However, some suppliers will tell you something like "wear to unpack", or some other instructions, where the unpacking process is automated. Just follow those instructions.

Edited by angeoco
  • Like 1

The last 3 days SL has been acting up. So, you may be getting caught in server glitches. Give it a couple of days and try again.

When some things unpack they create oddly named folders in odd places. Others deliver another box with the same name and it has to be unpacked. Sort of a Russian dolls thing...

Use Inventory's Recent tab to find if anything unpacked.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Nalates Urriah said:

The last 3 days SL has been acting up. So, you may be getting caught in server glitches. Give it a couple of days and try again.

The original post was from 12/15/16, i don't think that was the issue.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2508 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.