St3phan13

Unable to unpack packages

Question

Try Right Clicking and OPEN if you have not.  This is the "old time" method that works when the others fail. Sometimes the scripts used are tricky and will not give items with certain permissions -- and sometimes SL is just being funky.  I use Firestorm but this "should" work with the official viewer also. Good luck.

7 answers to this question

Try Right Clicking and OPEN if you have not.  This is the "old time" method that works when the others fail. Sometimes the scripts used are tricky and will not give items with certain permissions -- and sometimes SL is just being funky.  I use Firestorm but this "should" work with the official viewer also. Good luck.

Yeah ive tried that, it just says loading contents but they never load. I am out of ideas, its a very frustrating problem to have because i like to shop. lol

• Like 1

The standard way is (1) go to a place where you have permission to rez objects (such as a sandbox), (2) drag the box to the ground, (3) right-click the box, select "open", (4) click "copy to inventory", (5) delete the box. At each stage, wait until the previous operation has fully completed.

However, some suppliers will tell you something like "wear to unpack", or some other instructions, where the unpacking process is automated. Just follow those instructions.

Edited by angeoco
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Shaherie1 said:

how do u unpack a box with firestorm? im  a newbie and no help

the same as in any other viewer

• Like 1

The last 3 days SL has been acting up. So, you may be getting caught in server glitches. Give it a couple of days and try again.

When some things unpack they create oddly named folders in odd places. Others deliver another box with the same name and it has to be unpacked. Sort of a Russian dolls thing...

Use Inventory's Recent tab to find if anything unpacked.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Nalates Urriah said:

The last 3 days SL has been acting up. So, you may be getting caught in server glitches. Give it a couple of days and try again.

The original post was from 12/15/16, i don't think that was the issue.

• Like 1