request for better linden homes

Tenly

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2338 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

4 hours ago, HarrisonMcKenzie said:

As a general trend, I'd like if houses in SL had more than one big room. That's what houses look like in real life. Linden homes, bought homes... very few seem to actually have any rooms.

Lots of store brands have multi-room houses. You should try Barnesworth Anubis, Scarlet Creative, Trompe L'oeil, Tarte -- just for starters. Pop around to the shopping events and see what your aesthetic is.

7 hours ago, HarrisonMcKenzie said:

As a general trend, I'd like if houses in SL had more than one big room. That's what houses look like in real life. Linden homes, bought homes... very few seem to actually have any rooms.

Almost every house I have ever bought, or gotten, in sl, has multiple rooms. I'm not sure where you're looking, but I think you're looking in all the wrong places, lol. 

• Like 1

you guys say multiple rooms like 'Hallways' or 'Corridors'  don't exist, and in SL it seems or seemed to have been the norm for a long time for houses to be open boxes leading into more open boxes. Heck the way we are an experiment to the lab, where is our proper hamster and rat tunnels and tubes, eh?

While I have enjoyed the above stated creators and their contributions (btw Trompe L'oeil  is Cory Edo) I would press people to get out there even if its on 512 parcel or more and build your own, I mean wasn't that the whole deal with the start of SL , and don't give me this "but i can't build anything". If you can rezz boxes out from freebies stores, surely you can click the build button as fast as the "Buy L$ now" and create a cube and right click and read the Editing properties therein and go from there.

I made a sky castle that was 14 stories tall with sky bridges and such over linden roads, and it covered about 3/4s of the sim I was in at the time, all the way from the prims down to the textures which only took a matter of hours at most making them and then uploading and applying as needed. And I don't build, lol.

I would be careful with entertaining the idea of making any wishes from our humble 'Genies', The Lindens. Much like the storys, we tend to get what we ask or wish for but not in the same sense that we expected, just like the poor souls that made their final wish before they knew it was too late.

Edited by Hunter Stern

12 hours ago, HarrisonMcKenzie said:

Linden homes provide a good opportunity to practice building, with simple things like dividing walls. You can get matching textures for your new walls in your estate's infohub (or whatever its name is).

3 hours ago, Hunter Stern said:

I would press people to get out there even if its on 512 parcel or more and build your own, I mean wasn't that the whole deal with the start of SL , and don't give me this "but i can't build anything". If you can rezz boxes out from freebies stores, surely you can click the build button as fast as the "Buy L$ now" and create a cube and right click and read the Editing properties therein and go from there.

I made a sky castle that was 14 stories tall with sky bridges and such over linden roads, and it covered about 3/4s of the sim I was in at the time, all the way from the prims down to the textures which only took a matter of hours at most making them and then uploading and applying as needed. And I don't build, lol.

I've built a couple of houses in my time, but these days, you really need Mesh building skills to build anything really optimized and low LI - and that takes far more skill than just rezzing prims, linking them together, and texturing them.  One of my old large houses was somewhere around 250-300 prims.  A friend made me a mesh version that dropped the LI down to somewhere around 75-100.  I don't have mesh building skills nor the time to learn it.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2338 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.