Warning to those who don't already know!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3262 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

VCSALE.COM is a total scam!

They promise a good exchange, I bought 14000 lindens from them at $48.30 and it's been a month with no linden deposit! They jerk you around on the live chat help, and I'm taking the next steps...

I'm informing the BBB of their actions, keeping detailed logs of all the chats (via print screen, they won't let you copy anything!) and stopping payment via paypal until they have resolved the issue...

Do your best research before buying outside of sl! don't get caught in a scam like I did.

-Dante Highmist

Dante for future reference always use the lindex or L$ marketplace the particular exchange i use on there is called eldexchange (others are available) when i want to buy L$ using paypal i've always been paid within minutes of buying my L$ but i suggest checking out all the exchanges in the list some sell L$ in block amounts for a set price some sell them by the £1 $1 €1 etc depending on local currency some will let you buy L$ with your phone and charge it to your phone bill

That just looks like a list resellers would want to be on rather than have to be on..

kind of like the tpv list..

is there someplace it says they put their accounts at risk of being on hold if they  buy $L's from anyplace that is not on their list?

just asking because it didn't show anything on the link Venus provided..

if there is it would be nice to show people that may not know they are breaking the rules doing that..

it would help to put a damper on those places that spam the forums as well.. =)

Ceka Cianci wrote:

That just looks like a list resellers would want to be on rather than have to be on..

kind of like the tpv list..

is there someplace it says they put their accounts at risk of being on hold if they  buy $L's from anyplace that is not on their list?

just asking because it didn't show anything on the link Venus provided..

if there is it would be nice to show people that may not know they are breaking the rules doing that..

it would help to put a damper on those places that spam the forums as well.. =)

Seen at least one post of someone's account being put on hold because they purchased L$s from some place not on the list, and it took considerable time and effort for them to get their account off hold.  I believe people who have been associated with someone who've purchased from such sites as getting their accounts locked too.  Probably best to be paranoid; read 'suggest' as 'command' be prepared for the worst to happen anyways.

It is not actually against the TOS to buy from unapproved sites.  If you buy Lindens from a disreputable site that are discovered by LL to be obtained by fraud, such as hacked accounts or stolen credit cards, then you are at risk of having your account put on administrative hold while they trace the "trail of illegal transactions" you have become a part of, albeit unwillingly.  They will then take the Lindens back, possibly up to 150% of your transaction. 

The "approved" list use a risk API provided by LL that helps identify and stop illegal transactions, so in dealing with a site using the API your transactions are protected. 

edit: typos

There were a RISK API, for use by those that want to sell L$. I cannot find it any more, but I remember that in the page there was a warning that if you buy L$ from a third part that was not using this API, or from a non-approved 3rd part, and the L$ later was found to be from a fraudulent origin, the buyer would be considered co-author of the fraud. But if the seller was using the API, you were safe buying from them.

I've never bought or sell L$ in any other place than Lindex, but I used to have this URL in bookmarks because many Brazilians don't have an International credit card and have to buy form others - just to let them know the possible implications.

Even if I cannot find this page any more, or there are no more an "RISK API" for third parts, LL clearly continues to share the culprit of fraudulent sellings of L$ among sellers and buyers.

its very easy to have a keylogger on these fraudulent sites.

so as well as you paying them for lindens which you wont receive, you also risk having your Credit card details copied too.

from there the site operators can shop for free with your credit.

i would advise you cancel your CC and bear in mind next time the old adage;

"if it looks too good to be true it probably is".

you thought you could but L$ cheaper than LL sell them for?

Lol.

Dante Highmist wrote:

Do your best research before buying outside of sl! don't get caught in a scam like I did.

-Dante Highmist

Also....

Don't invest in ponzi schemes.....

Don't accept opportunities to make money from Nigerian exiled royalty....

Learn more about how to avoid ripoffs.....send $19.99 to PO Box........  :smileytongue:

Dogboat Taurog wrote:

its very easy to have a keylogger on these fraudulent sites.

so as well as you paying them for lindens which you wont receive, you also risk having your Credit card details copied too.

from there the site operators can shop for free with your credit.

i would advise you cancel your CC and bear in mind next time the old adage;

"if it looks too good to be true it probably is".

you thought you could but L$ cheaper than LL sell them for?

Lol.

I would think a lot are like those WoW gold seller sites..almost all of those  have something to  get the account of WoWplayers that buy gold..LOL

thats where they get a lot of their gold..from accounts  they hack from people that have bougth from them..

Ceka Cianci wrote:

I would think a lot are like those WoW gold seller sites..almost all of those  have something to  get the account of WoWplayers that buy gold..LOL

thats where they get a lot of their gold..from accounts  they hack from people that have bougth from them..

don't be silly.... those sites just don't deliver.... they hack the account, sell off the stuff in it, and either try to sell the acount on or do something to get it closed on purpose so that the original owner doesn't have a way to get at them through contact with WoW billing/devs/etc......

Void Singer wrote:

Ceka Cianci wrote:

don't be silly.... those sites just don't deliver.... they hack the account, sell off the stuff in it, and either try to sell the acount on or do something to get it closed on purpose so that the original owner doesn't have a way to get at them through contact with WoW billing/devs/etc......

it doesn't even have to be from the gold sites..just any site..i used sites that used to be pretty trusted for addons and they got mine..

I  had my account hacked  from gold diggers and not even buying gold..I tried to figure how they had gotten into it and where i had been..

It ended up that it was from an addon site where i was getting some addons for the new expansion..

i hadn't played it in about a year and when the second expansion came out i wanted to see what it was like and try the deathknights..

i think i played on my 4 year old account for maybe a week after getting back ..then couldn't log in..

i called blizz and they confirmed it was hacked..

i had to set up a new email account  and make sure my system was secure and a few other things..then let them know everything was secure..

it was right around when they were having this huge hack wave or something ..i know the forums were loaded with people that were being hacked ..

so i had gotten back into my account..all my stuff was gone in most of my  chars but my rogue lol..they even left the gold on that one..they used it to make deathknights on every realm they could make one on until i had gotten it bback..

all from an addon site that i was used to using back when i used to play..

so after that i just stopped using addons and sites not related to official WoW sites..

last tiem i was there..they had people they had hack that were on my friends list sending me IM's about gold offers..

i was like ..omg this has gotten real bad..

it took about 3 days after i had called blizz before i could get back online..but they shut the account down right away until i did everything on their list they asked for..

just glad i found out right away..it would have really been bad if that had happened and then i stopped using my account for a year lol..it would have probably been totally gone or me banned for life or something lol

• 4 years later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3262 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.