The business side of SL: What should people should espect from LL

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3253 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Ackley Bing wrote:

Dogboat Taurog wrote:

i had given up complaining but you asked...

v2 sucks.

meshes suck.

web on a prim sucks.

LL suck.

teens suck.

no gambling sucks.

SL never had these problems when i started.

v2 does not suck. i've had a much easier time designing with v2 than i did with any other viewer.

meshes suck?  Why?

web on a prim rocks!  Why do you say it sucks?

LL sucks?  LOL!

Teens suck?  You suck, not the teens.

No gambling, hooray.  If I want gambling i head over to Vegas for a couple hours.

Does "No Pitbull fighting" suck as well to you?

What the hell do you mean by "sucks" anyways.

How about:

Dog Boat sucks

:)

/me shrugs

Old farts that can't cope with change suck.

Rhonda Huntress wrote:

Ackley Bing wrote:

Dogboat Taurog wrote:

i had given up complaining but you asked...

v2 sucks.

meshes suck.

web on a prim sucks.

LL suck.

teens suck.

no gambling sucks.

SL never had these problems when i started.

v2 does not suck. i've had a much easier time designing with v2 than i did with any other viewer.

meshes suck?  Why?

web on a prim rocks!  Why do you say it sucks?

LL sucks?  LOL!

Teens suck?  You suck, not the teens.

No gambling, hooray.  If I want gambling i head over to Vegas for a couple hours.

Does "No Pitbull fighting" suck as well to you?

What the hell do you mean by "sucks" anyways.

How about:

Dog Boat sucks

/me shrugs

Old farts that can't cope with change suck.

change isnt always good my naive little friend.

you will learn that as you get older.

are posts being removed?

Roche Runo wrote:

dres my conversation is in the general not specific 

I took your comment about "if I have a complaint I should be able to voice it"  as mean you though i meant your should be silenced

And you did say correct me if I am wrong  "I have invested lots in Second life, I support them"   I took that to mean you have spend a lot of money on using there program.

And while yes many people know what the money is for  they act like they are equal partners in the company.

But many people don't and they get the wrong idea from posters who treat the program as if is it theirs.

I know you were extremely agitated   which is why i didnt take offense to your comments about it being my job and if i didnt like it get another job  lol

I hope you understand now that it was not the complaining I was refering it was the way it was being done. 

I'm glad you weren't offended... that was never my intention. Maybe I worded it a bit more strongly then I wanted to *reminds himself to refrain from posting after doing shots of mamajuana*.

From your statements, I gathered that you think people shouldn't complain about things because it does no good and they should just live with it. I strongly disagree with that. Sure a few people complaining about something won't do much good, but if their concerns are legitimate that might alert more people about the situation. Then, as more and more people started voicing the same concerns, there will come a point that something will have to be done about it. Take for example the Red Zone fiasco. Nothing would have gotten done if the people who first complained about it had instead decided to just deal with it and keep it to themselves.

...Dres

Phil Deakins wrote:

Dogboat Taurog wrote:

are posts being removed?

Yes. It looks like somebody doesn't like the word "fanbois".

ah ty, i will remember that and substitute fart in future as it seems to be fine.

methinks perhaps "fanbois" could have been added to the Bleeped words without throwing the baby out with the bathwater.

what a crazy mixed up world we live in :)

It's tempting to demonize the Linden's and I've been guilty of it more than once.

Administrative Layering has created a communication barrier.

I've read some discourteous comments made by fellow Residents, SL is a Community, dealing with people comes with the Territory.  

Every policy, term, standard, guideline and rule has been created because a few Residents were asked,  please don't do that.

The Forum's Q&A works a lot like LL, if there is a workable solution a Resident will get an immediate remedy. If the question's answer involves matters outside of SL, the question then becomes a topic for discussion.

i wasnt demonising the Lindens, however i was asked what i didnt like about this new SL compared to the one i joined 4 years ago.

i was honest and said what i thought.

i didnt expect to get ad hominem insults about it.

i have cut back on a lot of expenses here such as land rental.

i will be cutting back again soon as SL isnt what i bought into when i joined.

im sure im not the only one to think this way.

business needs a consistant playing field and LL havent provided it.

Dogboat Taurog wrote:

i wasnt demonising the Lindens, however i was asked what i didnt like about this new SL compared to the one i joined 4 years ago.

i was honest and said what i thought.

i didnt expect to get ad hominem insults about it.

i have cut back on a lot of expenses here such as land rental.

i will be cutting back again soon as SL isnt what i bought into when i joined.

im sure im not the only one to think this way.

business needs a consistant playing field and LL havent provided it.

Take away their gambling and pitbull fighting and they pretend to be children in adult form accusing you of the evil crime of "SUCKING"!!!

What sucked is that LL let it's employes become influenced by ridiculous resident ideas proposed by "influential" residents at Linen office hours.  Some of those corrupt Employees were booted along with M, so I have observed...

Dogboat, you said teens suck, and then you said "you teens eh..."

Actually i'm suprised a zillion teens didn't home in on you already with a million flames. :)

The OP did encourage freedom of speech but also said she supported limitations on how it was said.

How are you saying...

Alt=:smileywink:

Ackley Bing wrote:

Actually i'm suprised a zillion teens didn't home in on you already with a million flames.

The OP did encourage freedom of speech but also said she supported limitations on how it was said.

How are you saying...

you sound immature, so i conclude that you are a teen.

i was asked what i thought,  do you understand?

Dogboat Taurog wrote:

Ackley Bing wrote:

Actually i'm suprised a zillion teens didn't home in on you already with a million flames.

How are you saying...

That's easy to answer:

Hardly anyone cares what you think, especially the teens.

Alt=:smileyvery-happy:

Ackley Bing wrote:

Dogboat Taurog wrote:

Ackley Bing wrote:

How are you saying...

That's easy to answer:

Hardly anyone cares what you think, especially the teens.

Alt=:smileyvery-happy:

its mutual.

although i was asked what i thought, i don't recall anyone asking you.

if you were asked by name to say what you thought then i apologise for my lapse of my memory.

however, i would ask you to provide proof of this.

if none is forthcoming  i will have to claim victory , although it would be hollow one judging by your wit,  intellegence and simple refusal to accept what is true.

Dogboat Taurog wrote:

if you were asked by name to say what you thought then i apologise for my lapse of my memory.

The OP (Roche Runo) wrote: "I look forward to your opinions"  That includes you, me and anyone else who wants to respond.  I don't know where you got the idea that only your opinion was asked for.

Dogboat Taurog wrote:

if none is forthcoming  i will have to claim victory , although it would be hollow one judging by your wit,  intellegence and simple refusal to accept what is true.

There was no truth to your comment, as far as I can see.  A lot of things "suck" according to you.  Maybe you're right, but there's no way to prove you are telling the truth.  Don't even bother.

Ackley Bing wrote:

Dogboat Taurog wrote:

The OP (Roche Runo) wrote: "I look forward to your opinions"  That includes you, me and anyone else who wants to respond.  I don't know where you got the idea that only your opinion was asked for.

Dogboat Taurog wrote:

There was no truth to your comment, as far as I can see.  A lot of things "suck" according to you.  Maybe you're right, but there's no way to prove you are telling the truth.  Don't even bother.

an opinion is my truth, my truth is inviolate.

you should read the rest of the thread, you seem to have a convienient way of bolstering and snipping to suit your agenda.

its a teen thing i suppose and you will grow up one day (i assume).

• 4 years later...

you know  i was reading the responses to a post i made but i dont seey my the post i made.    nor do i remember  posting in this discussion at all

Nor how old this discussion is .

Based  on the respondse  I was getting  that must have been the old me .  

the new me understands  that  business will will address people complaint how they want to  and not necessarly what the customers wants.   They have there reasons   and  dont have to explain them to you

Most times  the complainer is never asked how does this affect him  and the play of the Second Life

Based on a reply to me I think this was around when gambling was outlawed in second life   And people lots a lot of money.

The new me would have responded like this.   While i dont agree with decision and i think its may be harmeful to second life  We have no choice in the matter as we dont have vote on the matter.

The new me understands that sometimes people need to vent.   The new me also understands  that just because they said something  doesnt mean thats why they meant.  As well if they were angry  or frustrated  they would of chose different wording .

and some of course wouldnt. 

i personally dont get frustrated when i see the same post over and over. for the new me  understands they have just a much right to post  as we dol    If i dont want to read a post  i just skip over it.

Its amazing what 5 years of therapy can do.  It finally sunk in in  that it was my way of thinkg that caused most of my problems if real life.    have a great day

Roche Runo wrote:

But most of all New content is important to keep the interest alive in the program.   Or part of a strategy to bring in more people.   More people means more income.   More income can mean more staff to work on those bugs.

I would agree with that if it wasn't for one minor detail: whatever strategy LL may have to bring in more people doesn't work. SL has been slowly but surely shrinking for several years now and LL hasn't been able to do anything about that.

Suella Ember wrote:

Just out of interest, what is your opinion of 'the way LL has been behaving lately'?

I think there's been some improvements lately. It may be too little and too late but it gives hope for SL and LL.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3253 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.