RL Native Americans

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2839 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Amethyst Jetaime wrote:

Yes, there are Native American's in SL.  I have met several.  There is no reason there wouldn't be, actually, just as there is no reason for any type of Americans to be in SL.

Well, maybe the "I'm scared of computers" types might have a hard time getting here :-)

There are several reasons RL Native Americans would not be in SL.

The biggest: Poor internet quality on reservations.

2. More likely to be part of a low income bracket that can not afford the PCs needed to run SL.

3. Combine the above 2 reasons and you are in an area where schools are below average on developing their students computer literacy.

4. A culture that questions joining Main stream culture / digital social media. So some young Natives might get questons or grief from others about 'what' they are exposed to online.

I have also met several people claiming to be RL native americans. There used to be, maybe still exists, a Native American awareness sim.

Just statistically, not all.

• 2 weeks later...

I am a full Cherokee from Oklahoma and started playing SL about three weeks ago. However, right now my avatar is showing up as a ghost-like figure and I have been reading the forum trying to find something that will help me fix it.

Okeema, here is one thing you can try to fix this.  

Go to the Developer Menu, to the Avatar/Character Tests menu and select the test Avatar of your chosen gender.  This should force you to load the "beginning" avatar.  

I use the Firestorm viewer, but I think on the Linden Labs viewer you can activate the Developer menu by checking that box under Advanced preferences.

Hope this helps!  I grew up in the Broken Arrow area for a while, so welcome to SL :-)

Myself,I'm not really in SL anymore lately..

But there used to be some in world..I can't remember the womans name that ran them..Nanya I think..

They had a few really nice ones..I wish i could remember the names of them,but it's been so long..

Redland maybe..That's a stab in the dark ,but something like that if i remember right..

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2839 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.