Is it possible to control more than one avatar?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2877 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

For machima?

Say I have three avatars I would like to use for one scene how does one control all three of them?

Do I need to log into different computers and record them that way?

I can't find a tut on there so please bare with me I'm still pretty new to second life.

Thank you for reading.

you need a viewer for all seperate accounts to be able to handle them.

That doesn't have to be a full viewer as LL or Firestorm.

If you have to run it on one machine you need a light weight as Radegast.

Another option would be handling them as bot, but in that case you need a different piece of software, developed by yourself or rent.

Depending on your computer, you can run more than 2 viewers. I always run 2, and quite recently, I was running 3 viewers (for testing my updated security system), and I could run more if needed to. Moreover, I don't have top end equipment - far from it.

I will say one thing though. I used the 3 where there were no other avatars around, so none of them had to be constantly updated on that score.

In short, run more than one full viewer on your one computer and see how it goes.

I've had up to 4 avatars rezzed on one laptop with Firestorm, but the lag was very heavy. It's fine for a still photo, but I wouldn't recommend more than 2 at a time normally. Even then it's hard to move 2 fluidly, unless they're on animations. If you're planning to record video as well, you might be better off getting a friend to help you. Much depends on how good your computer & graphics card are.

You can run as many avatars on one viewer as your computer will handle. Someone has already mentioned the setting for that in case you didn't know.

You can run them ALL on one computer with the SAME viewer in different windows. They will of course have different accounts.

CONTROLLING them is a whole different story. If you need them to move together or interact in some way then really, you will need someone else to become your actors or at least log in to the accounts you have made (this used to be illegal but last time I checked it was OK to let someone else run your avatar --- I suggest checking that out before doing as rules change all the time :D).

If you can just place your actors on animated pose balls or on animated furniture OR let their AOs do the work you are set. If you need them to MOVE a long distance such as walking then while it IS possible through scripts, it is likely more than what you want to deal with.

Over a hundred machinimas under my belt. It isn't that hard, you just need to plan.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1ueG0Yy8ruwbfK1x6L0dmA

Chic Aeon wrote:

You can run them ALL on one computer with the SAME viewer in different windows. They will of course have different accounts.

CONTROLLING them is a whole different story. If you need them to move together or interact in some way then really, you will need someone else to become your actors or at least log in to the accounts you have made (this used to be illegal but last time I checked it was OK to let someone else run your avatar --- I suggest checking that out before doing as rules change all the time
:D
).

it is the same program, but different viewers.... the viewer IS the window, thats why it's called "run multiple viewers" you make it only more confusing for a newb.

and controlling can be done perfectly alone, only limit is handling one at a time, you do not need other people to handle other accounts.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2877 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.