Sudden drop off in sales in the marketplace. :(

Vahn Delvalle

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3974 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hey, I'm fairly knew to the SL bussiness thing. I have been selling cars on the marketplace and my sales were great. I'd get 1 to 3 sales per day. Then I had the idea of adding related items to my pages to hopefully further increase sales. When I added the related items though, my sales suddenly dropped to zero. I haven't had a single sale in almost three days. Is there any forseeable reason why my sales may of suddenly have just stopped? I don't see how adding related items should hurt my sales.

That is strange. I've not had that happen when I added related items. Three things to check (if you havent already) - go look at your manage inventory tab and make sure:

1) that none of the ratings have changed (like I had some pg plants change to mature because I said they would look good in a rustic or gorean setting). If a rating has changed, change the wording to get them back to the proper rating and resubmit.

2) Check the unlisted and unavailable tabs to be sure something hasnt become unlisted.

3) This is a long shot, but make sure your keywords and features are still in the listings themselves - last Iheard marketplace search searches only titles, keywords and features.

I'm not convinced that the recent dip in sales has been due to anything that merchants have done or not done.

The number of sale per number of views on my items remains about the same, but there is less and less correlation betweeen the number of views and the number of times the item appears in search.

The implication is that the few people who are still finding my items are not much finding them by searching for items they don't already know to exist.

Strangely enough I'm having the same experience. I used to sell on average 6 to 8 items a day on SLM. The last couple of days the sales plumitted to 4 sales in 3 days time.

This is really very odd. I've recynced my magic box a few times, checked all my listings manually, but nothing has changed whatsoever.

Anybody else got the same issue or maybe an answer as to what the heck is going on?

This is more or less exactly what happened to me.  I have a pretty modest inventory so far, and don't do a lot of what I could or maybe should be doing to get sales... but was doing fine anyway until it all froze a month ago, and I don't know why.  I've been following the "Sales... Dead" thread too.  Not sure if its just a natural dip or if I'm a victim of the marketplace search tinkering like a lot of other people apparently are.

I'm working on new stuff, but if that doesn't help I'll be buying L to cover tier, when previously I was able to stop buying L altogether.

Zhoie Zimermann wrote:

Vahn, check out the thread "Sales...dead", then you can get a very good idea why your sales have died, along with all of ours which have also dropped.

As Zhoie has said... read the other thread.  Tons of SLM merchants have noticed a significsant drop in sales since about 3 weeks ago when the LL Commerce Team implement a set of changes into the SLM code.  Since then many merchants have been reporting a ~ 50% drop.  Mine fell 50% right after LL's change and to date have not recovered.

And sadly... Brooke or anyone else from the Commerce Team has said one word about this.  They are completely ignoring this significant impact to SLM sales.  I know for  fact that she has been getting IMs too and her reponses have been between NO RESPONSE to "we will put up a warning banner to non-logged in shoppers some time in the future".

Thing is that the #1 change 3 weeks ago - adding a PG ONLY filter for all non-logged in shoppers should not even affect me since all my products are PG.

So we are not even getting any answers what they did to screw up all our SLM sales.  And we have no effective SLM reporting to validate the trend to prove our sales have been killed since their March change.

• 2 years later...

im a couple years late on my reply but low sales periods seem to just get worse and worse. I go from averaging selling 10+ freebies a day.......... for weeks and then Bam............. nothing nothing nothing. I think its a unfare monopoly  for the merchants that got reviews on X street when people could press 1 button and review an item.. there things sell over and over because of the rattings new people will never achieve.

I began experiencing this right after I migrated to DD as I detailed here.  I'm now receiving a dribble of sales again, but not *my normal* prior to migrating.  Now you mention the same thing but for a different reason.  I'm starting to think that the MP is in a bit of flux at the moment and all kinds of changes may be affecting it.

ETA: Just realized I responded to a necro thread. *Rubs eyes*

My sales are identical rate before & after migrating to Direct Delivery. There was no change, no improvement but no decline either.

:catindifferent:

My partner, Natsuko's shop Swallowtail Designs saw a different result. Her marketplace sales dropped to zero immediately after migrating to Direct Delivery. We can't figure out why. Any hints welcome? anyone else see this bad of an effect from migrating?

:catsad:

It sure looks like her shop is listed properly but must have dropped out of the charts. Probably migrating can affect relevency big time.

...or maybe just all her transactions now are invisible with Linden keeping 100% of her money?

:catmad:

Pretty much it is a shame that Linden keeps messing people up at every turn. Trying to do business here is like a game of Russian Roulette.

WADE1 Jya wrote:

My sales are identical rate before & after migrating to Direct Delivery. There was no change, no improvement but no decline either.

Mine dipped immediately after the purge of items on the 16th when they took out all the items still in magic boxes but went back to normal about a week later. Now they are actually increasing, I'm assuming because there are less items to sort through, I don't know. It could have just been due to the purge and having to reindex 2 million products back to searching.

• 2 months later...

this week I sold 10 freebies one day and then basicly nothing since, I used to average sell 10_15 each day and i do not ever advertize so i think that makes me a good indicator of MP performance. 

just curuis for info   and im not a necro something or other like jes that guy that caled me one  is    

"ill f*ck you up I have alts"

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3974 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.