Inworld 24/7

Ironmike Utu

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3025 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

There's an avatar, well, yes and no... His avatar isn't there, but on the mini-map, he registers as there in the same spot 24/7/365. How does he do that?  It used to be just a mild curiosity for me, but it's starting to become an obsession to figure this out.  If I can't find out how he does that, I will have to ask to move to another Linden Homes sim!  It's driving me nuts.

there are more people keeping a av online 24/7, because of the light weight viewer their pc won't have any problem keeping it up for long time,Can  be for several reasons... just fun, help bot, spam bot....and more...

Bots cna use their own program, just a few mb, or use a lightweight txt only viewer as, for example, radegast.

It's *probably* a bot, yeah, but I've also seen report recently of a regression to what used to be a fairly common occurrence: "ghosted" avatars, where there's an apparent in-world presence long after the login session terminates. As I recall, though, there were still visible avatars present in those cases. The fact you're not seeing any... well, there are ways to hide an avatar, but I wonder, could it be that they simply turned off parcel visibility? (I think that's knowable from About Land.)

Qie Niangao wrote:

It's *probably* a bot, yeah, but I've also seen report recently of a regression to what used to be a fairly common occurrence: "ghosted" avatars, where there's an apparent in-world presence long after the login session terminates.
As I recall, though, there were still visible avatars present in those cases
. The fact you're not seeing any... well, there are ways to hide an avatar, but I wonder, could it be that they simply turned off parcel visibility? (I think that's knowable from About Land.)

Many years ago, I had a case where an avatar was showing on the map and/or minimap as being in a specific place in my store for a very long time, but nothing could be seen of him/her. LL got it sorted out, but that's an example of not being able to see an avatar that shows on the map(s).

I can't see ANY  of my neighbors simply because they have "avatars in other parcels can see and chat with avatars from this parcel". Then you need to be in THEIR parcel in order to see them. So you can certainly check that I believe by getting inside thier parcel boundary. If it is parcel visability then you will be able to see them.

You can turn on the lines that show you where parcels are in World - Show More (in Firestorm).

HarrisonMcKenzie wrote:

Probably a bot or something. I don't know how that works in SL, but that sounds like it. I think some chat clients don't fully log you in to the point of having an avatar, so that could explain why you are seeing them but not seeing them.

When my partner uses his text only viewer on his phone, his avatar does appear at home, although he can't see anything or move it around etc.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3025 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.