Abuse of Marketplace Flagging

AdamBravis

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2920 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi. There is an ongoing issue with my friends Marketplace store. Someone keeps flagging his items to the point there they are blocked from relisting. This keeps happening. What is the best way to deal with this, or who do we contact? There does not seem to be an abuse report area for MP stores.

You can open a support case at https://support.secondlife.com/create-case/

But first, check if there is a reason for the flagging. Are there any protected RL brand names? Are the items listed in the right category? Are there any unrelated keywords? etc., etc. Linden Lab doesn't just remove listings because they are flagged, they check themselves first and if they find something wrong, they send you a message telling you why it's delisted.

Well there's this very recent thread for starters https://community.secondlife.com/t5/Merchants/Vicious-Abuse-Reports-to-Flag-Items-on-MP/m-p/2987888#U2987888 which is in the Merchants forum instead of the General Discussion forum.

Also, just to point out that "Adviser" is merely a token title based upon post count, nothing more.  Dres, nor any one else is here to "do a job of advising".

I resonate that you and your friend should be critically looking at the listings in question. For example, I regularily flag BDSM items, **bleep** sleeves, and sex benches that should up in General, since these are items that should be in Adult and is probably a TOS violation to be inappropriately categorized.

Has your friend miscategorized his/her items, improperly labeled their permissions, or done something else that would cause the items to be getting flagged? While it's entirely possible that someone is just flagging the items as a prank, I suspect that there is actually fault somewhere, unless your friend is one of the most popular and showcased builders and thus high profile enough to be trolled.

• 2 weeks later...

Sassy Romano wrote:

Well there's this very recent thread for starters
which is in the Merchants forum instead of the General Discussion forum.

Also, just to point out that "Adviser" is merely a token title based upon post count, nothing more.  Dres, nor any one else is here to "do a job of advising".

Thanks Sassy... this is the very reason why I decided to start sending in my clone to address these idiots.

...Dres

• 3 months later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2920 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.