unable to buy mainland

BetRizzo

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3017 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

ok heres the situation...i have paid three months subscription. i have been paid up for over a week now. i want to buy mainland.

i can search land the option to put in a bid allows me to do that.

i place the bid but when i click bid it says i have to upgrade. eventhough i am only bidding on a 512 teir which i can buy as a premium member.

i have left messages with linden avitars, sent a ticket in and still no reply from anyone. any help here at all please would be very nice.

thank you

How long have you been a premium member? You won't be able to bid on auctions right away. I can't remember the time limit but it might be 30 days.

You can still buy land directly in-world as Alvin suggested though.

But of course, as Obvious mentioned, you can't have both a Linden Home and a mainland plot included in your premium membership. It's eitehr one or the other.

Owning a Linden Home won't prevent you from bidding in an auction, just so you know (I've done it).

However, if you own one and win the auction without abandoning the home first, it'll make you tier up (you'll have to pay more money because you exceeded your land allowance, even if the plot you won was 512 meters).

I don't know how long the delay after upgrading is, but it ought to be less than a month, since I was able to bid 28 days after upgrading (I didn't try before then).

If you are simply looking to buy a 512, there are often lands for sale LESS than auction prices. I have seen 512s as cheap as $342 if I remember correctly. Sometimes auctions (for whatever reason) end up above "market value". So looking in the land sales might be a good option.

• 4 weeks later...

no need to worry about that.thats just the system telling you your land tier needs to be bumped up

i know it sounds funny but land tier and sub fee are dif things.(btw the tier fee is billed on the same day of the month you got your subscript)

so,the way it works is that you hit the accept button and it bumps up your land tier fee to accomodate the larger land holdings.if you ever forget what it says,ive found the easiest way to check is to google "second life my account" click the first link and login

it will let you get land right away after subscribing btw,i know this cause i did so >.>

btw you have to upgrade cause of that linden home thing,if you want that 512 you have your eye on youll have to abandon the linden home,easiest way to do this is to teleport to your linden home,click the world tab,click about land,and then the abandon land button should be under the general tab in that window

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3017 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.