Revolution! Vanity style.

Rhonda Huntress

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4787 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I just needed somthing to do with dancing.  Trying to get the right shot in the middle of an animation can be tough.  Even worse when you finally get it all set up and timed right ... but the animation changes to the next dance :smileymad:

So how about you?  Caught any good action shots lately?

110319_001.jpg

Marigold Devin wrote:

It is very hard, you just get the exact right moment, and then one of you blinks or the animation decides to synchronise just as you click the shutter !

In this SL mimics RL.  I went to Sea World two years ago for a late spring break.  I have a lot of pictures of ripples in the water where a dolphin just jumped :)

Rhonda Huntress wrote:

In this SL mimics RL.  I went to Sea World two years ago for a late spring break.  I have a lot of pictures of ripples in the water where a dolphin just jumped
:)

Its like people never quite manage to capture the Loch Ness Monster although plenty seem to have seen it!

Never easy to 'shoot' a dance in one go, I usually end up with at least 25 pics and then hope to find one that is good enough!

I don't go out much, but sometimes I am lucky! I like this picture, only thing I can't help is that I seem to be hovering above the dancefloor, or am I stepp;ing on his feet? heh!

blue_dress.jpg

Yes,  it is a challenge to get a good photo while dancing.  I try to figure out in which direction to point my camera first (lighting, background, etc) and then snap and refresh until I think I have one.  Trial and error, usually, and I am not a good photographer.  Here is one from not too long ago:

Dancing jp.jpg

Venus Petrov wrote:

Yes,  it is a challenge to get a good photo while dancing.  I try to figure out in which direction to point my camera first (lighting, background, etc) and then snap and refresh until I think I have one.  Trial and error, usually, and I am not a good photographer.  Here is one from not too long ago:

Dancing jp.jpg

I think I've seen this gentleman's hair cut not so long ago...??? :smileywink:

Lyra Blackthorne wrote:

There is also a slow animation option in the advanced menu that gives you more time without completely freezing

I found it.

Develop > Avatar > Slow Motion Animations

Thanks for the tip!  It will be easier to get the shot I want with all the advice I have been getting.  Thank you, very much.

I prefer to dance in our little dark smelly backstreet dance "hall".

Here is a photo, looking in from the street.

It is small, the beer is lukewarm but it has the best crowd, lovely 1920s dances and of course music from that golden age.

screen-capture-2.jpg

valerie Inshan wrote:

I use Alicia's tip, resfreshing every 2 seconds until the right moment comes. :smileyhappy: Just when the dress perfectly swirls so the stillshot gives the idea of movement.

danse2.jpg

danse1.jpg

Gorgeous Valerie!!  It still is a challenge to get the perfect moment.  When you to find it the result is worth the time spent.

ETA : Next for me is to figure out this forum avatar :womanmad:

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4787 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.