The Disappearence of Pixeleen Mistral and the Alphville Herald and LL's lack of accountability

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3072 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

AlecDeBoeuil wrote:

irihapeti wrote:

i always look forward to your random continuation of joining into convos

It isn't random; it's just that you need a more complex intellect to understand the rationale of the cultural allusions, references, intertextualities and insinuations

you mean moar whiskey

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

irihapeti wrote:

AlecDeBoeuil wrote:

irihapeti wrote:

i always look forward to your random continuation of joining into convos

It isn't random; it's just that you need a more complex intellect to understand the rationale of the cultural allusions, references, intertextualities and insinuations

you mean moar whiskey

Alcohol doesn't help you understand; it helps you think you understand.

Alec - being sober

Jumpman Lane wrote:

Geeze Alec u should be more concerned with the Heralds demise than getting tipsy and typing drunk. If ur bored watch true detective or sumfin hehehe

I don't drink alcohol Jumpy.

But if I did, I would still make more sense than you do.

And I thought I had made it quite clear that I am delighted that yet another organ of the yellow press had fallen into disrepair.

Alec - tv programmes where the writers know what's happening, not the American stuff like True Detective or Lost

I didn't realise this thread was still running, so I read back.

I am concerned that people are confusing a character identity for SL with an RL persona. The character Pixaleen Mistral was one of their creations, but my reading of the posts in this thread suggest that many people here view the character as being the person behind it.

I viewed the Pix character as a sort of Hunter S Thompson (with **bleep**), but when the gonzo journalism slipped into taking a side, I think the similarity ended, and the last few articles didn't really have the old bite to them.

I felt relieved when the AH stopped posting new articles, because as has been mentioned above, it not only "jumped the shark". It also seemed to have nothing to say once the events of 2010/2011 had settled down, and so it ran out of a purpose, look at the page 6 grrrrl posts for a good example of that.

ETA I got bleeped! My first ever. Ok, the offending word was an FLA for those forward-jutting motherly glands, in case you're curious.

Profaitchikenz Haiku wrote:

I am concerned that people are confusing a character identity for SL with an RL persona. The character Pixaleen Mistral was one of their creations, but my reading of the posts in this thread suggest that many people here view the character as being the person behind it.

It isn't either character, it's their public actions that matter; and the published text was ***bleep***.

Profaitchikenz Haiku wrote:

ETA I got bleeped! My first ever. Ok, the offending word was an FLA for those forward-jutting motherly glands, in case you're curious.

Usually, when I inform someone that I am entirely enamored by "forward-jutting motherly glands" (which I often do, using that exact same term), they normally shoot me a surprised look or otherwise indicate some sense of shock and/or awe.

...Dres *only offers this post because of it's certain ability to add something intangibly, yet, crucially relevant... unfortunately, what that relevance may be, escapes him at the moment*

• 4 months later...

The demise the Herald is most likely to be fueled in large part by nothing more sinister than real life being more important that a Second one. Folks get busy with jobs to do, families to feed, friends to hang out with, and fun projects that take up time. Ultimately SL is a huge time suck and unless you are incredibly vested in it, your time in-world simply becomes less and less. In the past two years I bet I've stuck my head in-world maybe 10 times in total, simply curious to see who and what is happening. I see most of my friends have gone - or at least hang out in SL as often as I do. Many places have disappeared. It's like visiting a town you once lived in years and years ago and being both interested and disinterested at the same time. That might be better defined as "ambivalent" but whatever it's called, I've no burning desire to go back to spending hours per day focused on the experience. It was fun, it was entertaining, but ultimately little more than a hobby. It's sort of good to see Proky and Jumpy are still around but a little sad that the Herald is moribund, along with other one-time interesting sites.

Ah well, just wanted to add to a nearly closed thread. And the fact I'm contributing so long after it started is evidence of how little SL plays in my life these days. Stay classy, Second Life!

Siggy

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3072 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.