RIP Sylva Petrov

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3206 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Sad news I received today. Sylva Petrov of Sylva's Animation Factory died on Saturday June 6. Sylva provided me with most of my animations back when I was in the furniture business and also provided encouragement and friendship, eager to stop and chat with me whenever I met her at her store setting out animations on the various topics of the day. 

From Pips Fetid:

It's with a heavy heart that I share this news with you today.

On Saturday, June 6, 2015, Sylva Petrov of Sylva's Animation Factory passed away.

In December of 2013, Sylva was hospitalized with congestive heart failure. She managed to recover, and was doing well, but on Saturday, she suffered a massive heart attack.

Sylva was an amazing and creative presence in our lives, and she will be greatly missed by all of her friends and family.

As some of you are aware, Sylva was a single parent of two lovely girls. Per her request, Sylva's Animation Factory will remain open, with proceeds going to her daughters to help with their care.

Any questions should be addressed to Pips Fetid.

My deepest condolences to Sylva’s family and friends. I had the blessing of personal contact with Sylva, such an amazing person she was with a wonderful witty humor and bright intellect.

A quote from her Second Life profile: "In the end, the measure of a human's achievement will be how they are remembered - or forgotten".

Sylva was the best animator in Second Life. Her spirit and great work will continue to live on.

Sylva, you succeeded and will always be remembered.

Rest in Peace.

For those who wish to support Sylva's RL daughters and family, please consider visiting The Sylva Petrov Memorial Fund and give a donation.

• 2 weeks later...

So sorry to hear of Sylva's death, I have just heard after coming back from my own father's funeral, who died on the 2nd June.

Although I did not know Sylva personally, as animators, we always know who our competition is and Sylva was indeed an excellent animator and great competition. She will be missed by many people and her memory will go on in the work she has done.

My deepest sympathy goes to her children and family and hope they have the strength to carry them through this terrible loss.

Rest in peace Sylva.

Sheena Kamala

• 4 weeks later...

I have been busy RL and just found out about Sylva Petrov. She trully was a good person and had talked to me about rl and sl business. This is very sad and she will be missed. She was an inspiration. She worked so hard making animations everyday and never stopped. RIP Sylva. You were one of the Best Animator in SL and thank you for all compliments  you had in my work and for believing in me. :matte-motes-frown:

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3206 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.