Land Owner Does Not Allow Rezzing... content GONE!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3422 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Was the item "no copy"? If not, there's still ac opy in your inventory where you left it.

If it was no copy, then check your lost and found folder. Sometimes you need to log out and back in again to trigger the item appearing there.

This issue is common if you dropped the item you were trying to rez on top of something else, especially on top of a mesh item.

Landowner does not allow rezzing... this is a know bug in SL.  When you attempt to rez items on your parcel you get this message whilst being nowhere near a parcel boundry.  Even on some of my 32k sqm parcels, I can try and rez in the center and still get the message.  It's only when I attempt to rez in different spots that it works.  It's extremely annoying when building.

So this happend to me a couple of times where I went to rez a no copy item from my inventory and content was gone.  I looked in lost and found and every other possible folder I could think of.  Logged off and back on, content still gone.

I never really ever found it again... but I didn't look very hard for very long as these items were freebies (I won't buy items that are no copy/mod).   Maybe they are there now but I forgot what they were.  That's what happens when you have over 16,000 items in your inventory.   

Spinwilly Saiman wrote:

Landowner does not allow rezzing... this is a know bug in SL.  When you attempt to rez items on your parcel you get this message whilst being nowhere near a parcel boundry. [...]

For me, this happens only when I make the mistake of rezzing on the surface of a Mesh object -- and when I do, it happens almost always.

For those of us who have been around long enough, the same thing used to happen when rezzing on the surface of an old-school megaprim, or the concave hollow of a prim.

Both then and now, it's actually due to a bug in viewer-calculated geometry. Because it affects all viewers, it demonstrates what a cosmetically thin veneer of code separates TPVs from each other and from Linden viewers.

It's happened to me too and always related to rezzing on top of a mesh object, or inside a mesh building.  The one time it happened with a no copy item (a dance machine filled with L$4000 of no-copy dances) it was gone for ever.  Lesson learned - never rez no copy items inside the mesh building. If you want to furnish your house with no-copy stuff, rez it outside and drag it in.

If you contact the seller of your lost item, and politely explain the situation, they may be able to re-deliver it for you.  Most sellers are aware of this bug.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3422 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.