Niramyth blows my mind

Lord Derryth

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2803 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Don't know about seeing "one of the REAL good ones"... I've looked at male mesh bodies for a while and not been convinced enough to drop the coin. The Aesthetic convinced me at first glance. Each to his (hers, its, whatevers) own.

There are lots of clothes coming out, although mostly similar styles at the moment. Even I've got involved in making stuff for it, although not clothes. I'm as artistic as your average rock unfortunately.

Apparently the Enzo version became the best selling men's mesh avatar on the MP after three days.

Hydrogen is one of the most responsive and helpful creators I have come across in SL, and the group is a good place for help too.

So, yeah, it's pretty good! (especially when changing back from being a wolfkin)

ETA: It also works very nicely with my system head and skin (once tinted to match) and resonds very well to the body edit sliders even for quite large adjustments, so I don't look like a clone.

One of my alts got the Niramyth avatar, and the other one of these: http://carthalis.com/2015/02/25/anthony-franklin/ (Blogged by Carthalis Rossini)

My opinion on the Signature avatar:

+ Good alpha HUD! Presets so you can take off whole torso, arms and so on. Alphas for the head, can wear other ears!

+ Easy to fit mesh clothes. Relatively close to the SL shape.

+ Much better price than TMP. Even add-ons is not all that expensive. Headbases and beards are sold in 4-packs for 300 L. Bodyhair single 300 L - this is a bit more expensive.

- Can not detach head, arms and feet, but hide them with alphas. Possible to use default head, but have to work with it. Limiting head movements will help, the neck seam is more obvious in sideway movements.

- Semi closed system. No designer kit for skins, but for tattoos. So sad that they don't have a clothing layer either.

- Only black hairbases and beards.

All I need now is an asian male skin that is compatible with TMP or another mesh avatar, then all my avatars are mesh. Oh how I wish Hermony would make skins for mesh avatars. Their Ryu skin is my favourite asian.

Yes, the selling point for me was that Hydrogen has such a long history in SL and a good reputation. I don't like to buy without a demo, but I thought, how bad can it be?

Turned out that only the Alpha HUD was a bit below what I need, but I trust that Hydrogen will work on it. 

It can be made a bit smaller than the images. I mean, dressing him in a Lapointe and Bastchild jacket was a super normal look, I didn't have to use the XL! L was big enough after my tweaks. But the alphas in the neck was not accurate enough. The Urban biker west with a hood over the shoulders took care of the problem neck area.

Yeah, I've spoken with Hydrogen a few times and I believe that improvements to the Alpha system are in the works. That will be a big help.

I made mine quite a lot smaller, from the smallest included shape. I was trying for a more realistic size (for a bodybuilder). Picking the correct head blender (much improved in the v1.1 update) meant that the join to my SL head which I dupicated exactly onto the shape is nearly seamless. Nearly, because (I think) different lighting affects the SL head differently to the materials-mesh body. Sometimes the tones match perfectly, sometimes there's a marked difference when close-up. At normal distances though it works fine.

Alwin Alcott wrote:

think you have to look a bit further, if this blows your mind already what happens when you see one of the REAL good ones...

Such as? I have TMP, Signature and Niramyth. Tried Tellaq and was sadly dissapointed. It's not even close to standard mesh sizes, XL was too small. By far, my only complaint on Niramyth was the alpha hud, and Hydrogen is working on it as we speak.

TMP:

Pros:

• Good shape
  • Good alpha, aside from it being way to small to use easily.
  • Decent it for Standard mesh clothing, aside from the waist alpha not lining up with most pants/shorts.

Cons:

• Can not get any money back from their shopping hud if you have leftovers.
  • Many merchants do not want to upload their images to a server that is not run by LL.
  • If their server goes down you can not do anything with the mesh. IE change applied clothing, skins or tatts.
  • Cost. 5000L for the body alone.

Signature

Pros:

• Cost
  • alpha hud
  • shape is easy to fit

Cons:

• Hard to fit non mesh head
  • Finding skins and or tatts.

Niramyth

Pros:

• Cost 2800L
  • easy to hide mesh head
  • comes with base skins that are tintable
  • fairly easy to fit standard mesh
  • Creator is well known for high standards in quality and customer service.

Cons:

• Its a beefy av, but can be made more slim
  • Alpha needs work, but is being fixed.
  • lack of skins and clothing, but it was just released.

Thats all for now.. Just my opinions. FWIW

Another pro to the Niramyth body is that it is. unless I'm mistaken, moddable.

I wouldn't touch TMP or other no-mod bodies with a ten foot pole. No-mod means it's not really yours. You're restricted in how you can personalize it and your clothing/skin options are restricted to those the creator of the body allows you to have access to.

And if TMP is the worst. Their HUD based, store money system is designed to force you to spend more than the cost of the items they sell, and if they ever shut down their servers, say goodbye to everything you bought.

• 1 year later...

Picking the correct head blender [...] meant that the join to my SL head which I dupicated exactly onto the shape is nearly seamless.

Hello, I know this is an old thread, but I need help with this horrific blend:

What do you mean with "duplicating the head onto the shape"? Did you manage to solve the issue that I display in the picture? Thanks!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2803 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.