Didnt Take Long for New Forums to be SPAM SLAMMED

Toysoldier Thor

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4814 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

WOW...

The new community forums have only bee up for a few days and the first massive SPAM SLAM of the entire forum groups has successfully be executed.  So when will the Linden Moderators delete all these threads and ban the clealry TOS violating forum users - which btw is likely a bogus alt account.

HOT!LindenDollars【10K=$23.99】FREE1k,【EingeeCom】【Authorized&Legal

It's funny that the spammer is ranked as "honored". Another fine example of how pointless rankings are. Just a useless automated system without any human intervention. 

I bet he/she had a good chuckle to themselves when they received a message from Lexie Linden telling them 

"As the result of your contributions to the community, you have earned a new rank."

LOL... maybe one more all-groups spam and this bogus spamming account can be improved to ADVISOR or even HELPER!  (is the role of LINDEN possible?) 

Look at all the participation this person has done on all the threds/groups!  I can't even imagine aspiring to this level of community forums participation.  Not enough hours in the day - or no AutoSpam Script to help me.

:)

What a nice intro to the new forums :)

I've reported 6 of them just in the portuguese forum, 2 of them are still there. Any half-brained mod would at this time, even without any automated tool, do a search for "LindenDollars" threads every half hour or so and wipe all of them, but they are not even looking at the reports.

:smileymad:

I think the content in the SPAM has HTML code in as well - when I copied the content to paste it here as a quote - it came back as "invalid html code" when I initially tried to post my posting.  I had to remove the Spammers content to allow my posting to post.  Could just be an anomoly but I would stay out of those SPAM threds if I were anyone.

I have memories of last spring when the old forums were hit by a Hacker within the authenticated session and several people's SL account passwords were openly compromised and exposed - including mine!

So yesterrday's spammer fest on this new community forums makes me real nervous.

and today  - our thrid all forums SPAM POSTING in the past 2 weeks of the new forums. 

I guess there is nothing LL can do to stop these spams - they are powerless.

New SL Forum accounts should not be able to post until they are 15 or 30 days old as I am thinking this SPAMMING user is a freshly created account.

Maybe they should work with REDZONE find out the person/spammer behind all these daily spamfests. :)

I don't think it should be so drastic.

If new accounts could start only 1 or 2 new topics a day for the first days (something like 4-5 days), the spammer would put a few spams but not mass spam as is now. They would be found and banned before they could make the mess that they do now.

And this way newbies could yet put their most urgent doubts and concerns.

But I like the idead of a partnership with RedZone :smileytongue:

that is a good alternative.  New Forum/SL accounts could only create 1 or 2 new threads a day.  If they are new - most noob accounts would not be legit creating new threads except to ask a question in the Q & A forums.  So maybe they their new threads would also be restricted to only the general help forums for 30 days.

This should stop the SPAMMER that has been using this new forums weakness now on 3 hits in the past 10 days.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4814 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.