The VaNiTy ThReAd

Wilhiam Hydraconis

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 600 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

NealCrz wrote:

Yea, welll, we had an impromptu get together at my place with Raven, Sara, Kylan, my dog Ginger,  Capt Ahab the Parrot, and Kiwi the bird, and myself.  It waaaaazzzz going smoothly, then Sara handed out some guns and well, let me just say a lot of people got shot!   But after everyone got shot like 20 times,  we laughed so hard we forgot all about the bullets flying, ooorrrrr was that the rum in the coconut drinks or the pallet of pot on the dock?  Hmmmmm,  not sure and well doesn't matter,  but was fun and great to see everyone
:)

Note Sara and Raven flying in mid air.  I had to take the picture.  hmmm, not sure why Kylan's not flying in this one?  Maybe she's the one that pulled the triggers?  

I guess not so vain but hey its Christmas so be charitable

Forum team.jpg

forum shootout.jpg

Head shot, fall, and boob attachments makes for a good time.

Sara is falling in the air!

We need more gatherings like this.

valerie Inshan wrote:

Waiting for Santa, I've decided to put some posters of him in my house. I love these old Coke ads by Norman Rockwell!

santa.jpg

Aww! I love those ads too.

I'm not sure I believe that you're French anymore though-- isn't a French person owning a Union Jack couch a bit like a Red Sox fan cheering for the Yankees? :P *dashes off into the snow before you can smack her*

Kobuk Farshore wrote:

valerie Inshan wrote:

Waiting for Santa, I've decided to put some posters of him in my house. I love these old Coke ads by Norman Rockwell!

santa.jpg

Aww! I love those ads too.

I'm not sure I believe that you're French anymore though-- isn't a French person owning a Union Jack couch a bit like a Red Sox fan cheering for the Yankees?
:P
*dashes off into the snow before you can smack her*

She's sitting on the Union Jack -- that explains it. :matte-motes-wink:

Kobuk Farshore wrote:

I'm not sure I believe that you're French anymore though-- isn't a French person owning a Union Jack couch a bit like a Red Sox fan cheering for the Yankees?

Ko, seen from another angle, things are often very different. See these letters on the frame on the left? Nothing could more Parisian than these metro stations names! :D

couch.jpg

valerie Inshan wrote:

Kobuk Farshore wrote:

Ko, seen from another angle, things are often very different. See these letters on the frame on the left? Nothing could more Parisian than these metro stations names!
:D

couch.jpg

Fair point, Val. :) And I also like the subtly-placed cig suggesting that you could set the couch on fire if so compelled. ;)

Kobuk Farshore wrote:

GailBlakeley wrote:

Encouragement fosters recidivism ... Found this nice (Scandinavian?)-style sim at Drobak. Hope 'retouched' photos are ok

I love that you've started taking photos. :heart: Did you manage to get shadows to show up yet?

Thank you ! . You're quite to blame for this  :heart:. And thanks for the tips, I got shadows, but decided to go without them for these particular pictures (i.o.w. my hopeless attempts of adjusting them as I liked them failed miserably).

While it's dark and cold here on this early morning, it is amazing how much my view in SL makes me feel better. :smileyhappy:

VIEW.jpg

I went to Kismet last evening and of course, I couldn't resist to get this perfect Christmas tree! /wonders what is in the gift boxes but won't open them before the 25th! :D

Tree.jpg

valerie Inshan wrote:

While it's dark and cold here on this early morning, it is amazing how much my view in SL makes me feel better. :smileyhappy:

I went to Kismet last evening and of course, I couldn't resist to get this perfect Christmas tree! /wonders what is in the gift boxes but won't open them before the 25th!

Oh, I love the framing in the first picture. The second looks so festive! 

GailBlakeley wrote:

Thank you ! . You're quite to blame for this  
:heart:. And thanks for the tips, I got shadows, but decided to go without them for these particular pictures (i.o.w. my hopeless attempts of adjusting them as I liked them failed miserably).

Awww. :) When you're a famously-rich scripter-builder-artist (which, given your aptitude for learning these things, should be by about... Monday morning) I hope you rememeber who beat you into trying it who inspired you, love. Twenty percent of your profits and ownership of a nice little SL bakery would make me feel appreciated. :P

Seriously though, I'm just happy you actually like messing with this stuff. Most n00bs are too hypnotized by their own bling to try building or photography or anything so soon.

valerie Inshan wrote:

VIEW.jpg

I went to Kismet last evening and of course, I couldn't resist to get this perfect Christmas tree! /wonders what is in the gift boxes but won't open them before the 25th!

Tree.jpg

Only 26 days of willpower to go, Val! No peeking. ;) ;)

That has to be one of the prettiest trees I've seen in sl. Is it sculpted?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 600 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.