Where are all my friends? Come on in and lets get comfy by the fire!

Hippie Bowman
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 72 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Maddy - Loooooove Shel Silverstein!!!!  We have most of his children's poetry memorized in this house (his adult stuff is fun, too)  I still feel the need to cry like a sap if I read The Giving Tree (pun intended).

Sylvia - I had no idea that poem was about you, but if Maddy is deepfrying some of the mess, I request some deep fried icky, sticky bubblegum.

/me stokes the fire and sharpens the roasting sticks hoping that someone remembers to bring marshmallows for dessert...

HAPPY SATURDAY EVERYONE

Cinnamon Mistwood wrote:

Maddy - Loooooove Shel Silverstein!!!!  We have most of his children's poetry memorized in this house (his adult stuff is fun, too)  I still feel the need to cry like a sap if I read The Giving Tree (pun intended).

If Maddy is deepfrying some of the mess, I request some deep fried icky, sticky bubblegum.

Cinn, just for you...

Cinnamon Mistwood wrote:

Sylvia - I had no idea that poem was about you, but if Maddy is deepfrying some of the mess, I request some deep fried icky, sticky bubblegum.

/me stokes the fire and sharpens the roasting sticks hoping that someone remembers to bring marshmallows for dessert...

HAPPY SATURDAY EVERYONE

I have the marshmallows!  Happy Saturday!

Peace!

Happy sunday everyone ..... many hugs and lickies!!!! Enjoy this tune ... perfect sunday music ... :smileyhappy: *meows*

ney honey up in the trees
Fields of flowers deep in his dreams
Lead them out to sea by the east
Honey honey food for the bees

Honey honey out on the sea
In the doldrums thinking of me
Me on dry land thinking of he
Honey honey not next to me

Even if he wanted to
Even if he wanted to
Even if he wanted to
Do you think he'd come back
Would he come back

Oh no..

Honey honey out on the sea
In the doldrums waiting for me
Me in my boat searching for he
Honey honey food for the bees

Wildcat, that song (well, the video really) reminds me of the old English folk song "Fair Maid Walking" or "Fair Maiden in the Garden". I wish I could find an online copy of Lisa Gutkin (of the Klezmatics) singing it with the band "Whirligig" as it's just beautiful and elicits a tear every time I hear it.

I did find this. The story is intact and the fella does a fine job, but he's no Lisa Gutkin ;-)

I'm still quite infatuated with "The Civil Wars", so here's another tune for this sunny Sunday...

If you don't get goosebumps around the 2:35 mark (or anywhere in that tune) I don't know what I'm gonna do with ya'll.

Have a glorious Sunday, Everybody!

Talking about books, I am re-reading two major ones to my eyes:

Wallace Stegner's All the Little Live Things (1967)

and Timothy Findley's Famous Last Words (one of your compatriots Dee).

Such a beautiful and sad litterature. You guys in North America are lucky. You have the best writers ever.

Thank God, I had a blond visitor the other day. I think the parrot loves her, he can't stop to talk about her. :smileyhappy:

Love you kids, I really do.

Maddy.jpg

@Maddy 0:30 goosebumps, it is rare to find those that not just love music, but make love with their music. The Civil Wars display something we all wish we had:)

@Val: "Famous Last Words" a great read so glad you enjoy it:) That place in the pic I know the blond looks familiar,lol.

Quotes I love from some of Timothy Findley 's books

“I doubt we will ever be forgiven. All I hope is – they'll remember we were human beings.

“People can only be found in what they do.” 

“Complaints about reality are immature.” 

“... too much brooding, not enough doing.” 

Big hug and kisses to you both:)

valerie Inshan wrote:

Thank God, I had a blond visitor the other day. I think the parrot loves her, he can't stop to talk about her. :smileyhappy:

Val, I thank God you had that visitor too. I can't get a word in edgewise when she's about. The silence I enjoyed during her absence was a rare and welcome treat.

I'm sorry your parrot is now similarly afflicted. If he annoys you too much, I'm sure Maddy will offer to cook him.

I hope everybody is having a pleasant Sunday.

Not gonna sympathise since your lot knocked our lot out!

They try to play rugby over here, but it doesn't work. About ninety men come out, then just eleven of them go on the field. They play rugby for about fifteen seconds, then get bored so eleven new guys come on and they start again. They play for an hour and it takes three hours. Very confusing.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 72 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.