Firestorm and Singularity No Longer Good

Jolene Rae

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3455 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I was using Singularity and it was great - then it started crashing.  I switched to Firestorm and it was great...but then, it became very slow.  I am wondering what I should do.  The SL viewer is great as far as graphics but it lacks certain features I am used to with the other viewers.  Any suggestion on what I should do?

Well... the LL calls their viewer "Second Life Viewer" so I think the name is as they wish.  Sometimes based on an unpublished policy postings in the Second Life Viewer forum are moved to General Discussion.  Sometimes similar items move from General Discussion to the Second Life Viewer forum - ignoring the unpublished policy.  This I find humorous.

I agree that a forum about any and all viewers... dat would be less confusing.  

Madelaine McMasters wrote:

LisaSpring wrote:

I would never use anything except the official second life viewer. I've only used the second life viewer for over 8 years. Best viewer there is.

If you have only used the official viewer, how can you possibly know if it is the best?

Because she's not a sheeple.  ;)

chasing updates from third party viewers is not a good plan ... my lady and i used to use emerald, then phoenix, then firestorm ... and we have finally come to the conclusion that the LL viewer is best. All those cute options that are available in the other viewers isnt really anything we need ... does anyone really need those options? IMHO ... um no ... js

Lahnius Zaks wrote:

All those cute options that are available in the other viewers isnt really anything we need ... does anyone really need those options? IMHO ... um no ... js

IMHO yes. I constantly use many of those 'cute' options what some TPVs have.

Anyway, I always keep the very latest Linden Lab viewer installed too besides my favourite TPV one. If there is some problem then I can quickly check is the issue present only in one viewer or both. It's a time saver when trying solve what is causing the issue. It's also beneficial to have the latest Linden Lab viewer installed because all new updates in the viewer code will be in that one first. But still, most of time I use a TPV viewer, because of the extra very useful (for me) features.

Coby Foden wrote:

Lahnius Zaks wrote:

All those cute options that are available in the other viewers isnt really anything we need ... does anyone really need those options? IMHO ... um no ... js

IMHO yes. I constantly use many of those 'cute' options what some TPVs have.

Anyway, I always keep the very latest Linden Lab viewer installed too besides my favourite TPV one. If there is some problem then I can quickly check is the issue present only in one viewer or both. It's a time saver when trying solve what is causing the issue. It's also beneficial to have the latest Linden Lab viewer installed because all new updates in the viewer code will be in that one first. But still, most of time I use a TPV viewer, because of the extra very useful (for me) features.

I think I caught Ebbe by surprise when I told him the reason I use a TPV (Firestorm) was because it made my Second Life easier.  Because he asked me for examples.  And I am able to rattle off quite a few.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3455 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.