A Home For GD

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4836 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Mags Indigo wrote:

I imagine Entertainment will probably emerge as the nest GD - I mean apart from discussing clubs, pubs and concerts (yes I'm being a tad facetious) what else could one talk about in this section - apart from the things that make SL (and the forums) actually entertaining.

(I hope that makes sense - kinda)

I, for one, could see some 'entertaining' topics posted.  Of course, having to do with SL but beyond the 'this is an entertaining thing to do in SL' stuff.  Wildly compelling and provocative, too.

The whole idea of having a GD forum is to keep the other boards on topic. Those are meant to be informative on a specific subject. Also by having a GD board would lighten the moderators work load in moving or deleting off topic threads and posts. But hey it's LL sandbox their rules. They will figure it out after a while, usually only takes them 6 to 12 months or so, sometimes longer.

Raul Rehnquist wrote:

The whole idea of having a GD forum is to keep the other boards on topic. Those are meant to be informative on a specific subject. Also by having a GD board would lighten the moderators work load in moving or deleting off topic threads and posts. But hey it's LL sandbox their rules. They will figure it out after a while, usually only takes them 6 to 12 months or so, sometimes longer.

That's why I was leaning towards Entertainment as a meeting place. If that ends up being unacceptable to LL then I am sure they will let us know. Most off topic items are entertaining it was the rest of the noise from the old GD that spoiled the view. I find that the social aspect of a hangout (or lack of it) will limit overall participation as most new topics won't be seen by folks. They will come for specific interests by-passing the rest.

Of course that can well be only my perception of things. Hense this topic.:)

Wilhiam Hydraconis wrote:

Be careful what you wish for , D . *whisper*

/me sees a certain 'Mike Moderator' logging into the forums.
= *.- =

Somehow I think the old GD days are over ...
=
o.O
=

Thanks Wilhiam I appreciate what your saying. The last thing I would want is the old GD in the form it was. /smiles

Venus Petrov wrote:

I, for one, could see some 'entertaining' topics posted.  Of course, having to do with SL but beyond the 'this is an entertaining thing to do in SL' stuff.  Wildly compelling and provocative, too.

That's what I meant really - what makes SL 'entertaining' is the interaction between people (represented by avatars). Without people SL would just be a sort of virtual Lego set (with better colours). It's the people that create the entertainment - either here on the forum or inworld.

Personally I'm hoping that 'entertainment' remains the overriding ethos and that it doesn't descent to the 'dramatic depths' we too often witnessed in the old GD.

Raul Rehnquist wrote:

This is deja vu. They did the same thing before when they changed over to the Jive software. Those that don't learn from history are doomed to repeat it .

Yup. Same thinking from people who don't actually have anything to do witht he forums or the community it supports. Round and round and round .. Maybe were supposed to talk about Second LIfe on facebook or something...

No I find that hilarious actually.:smileyhappy:

Storm Clarence wrote:

I would certainly get a kick out of a new GD in the 'Make Friends' section (tab, sub-forum - whatever it's called!)

Am I the only one that finds that funny?:smileyvery-happy:

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4836 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.