A Home For GD

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4803 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Derek Torvalar wrote:

You may use this Entertainment forum for GD. Or the Avatar one. If both then we can have flame wars between which is the bestest GD.

I vote entertainment.

:robotvery-happy:

Nice use of the spoiler feature.

I was thinking either Entertainment or Make Friends would be the best alternative to GD.

Quinn Morani wrote:

Derek Torvalar wrote:

I vote entertainment.

:robotvery-happy:

Nice use of the spoiler feature.

I was thinking either Entertainment or
Make Friends
would be the best alternative to GD.

But then when you make an enemy, you have become a lie!!!  I'm j/k :smileyvery-happy:

Not really liking the fact that there's no GD now. I understand the reasoning, but if people want to be uncivil they'll do it regardless of the arbitrary new forum structure.

I suppose people will gravitate to wherever there are discussions they find interesting and there will be a snowball effect creating a de facto GD. Here's hoping anyway.

Finora Kuncoro wrote:

The loss of the GD forum seems no bad thing to me.  I'm sure there will be enough community chatter in the subject forums.

That's not a good thing. There are already at least 3 conversations going on about where were all supposed to post non specific stuff. In the absence of a general pool, every sub forum becomes the general pool. The forums use as a resource is compramised and the only option is to moderate with a heavy hand to keep the sub forums on topic.

You end up with threads being moved, threads being deleted and a whole mess of resentment that drives the people most useful to the community as a whole away from the community. The general chatter will never die down, the people who are very subject focused will just give up and find a better venue.

The signal to noise ratio is what matters, no general discussion just added a lot of static everywhere else.

I do understand the lack of a GD in it's old style, that was actually brought on by the state it was in. But as a general place to chat about anything under the sun that's not covered elsewhere  I lean towards Entertainment.

I have a strong feeling that the free wheeling discord style of the old GD will be heavily moderated out and as a result we might have a nice spot to meet. Just to bring up what doesn't fit elsewhere. It would be our place so to speak. If this didn't fit with policy then okay that's fine.

I imagine Entertainment will probably emerge as the nest GD - I mean apart from discussing clubs, pubs and concerts (yes I'm being a tad facetious) what else could one talk about in this section - apart from the things that make SL (and the forums) actually entertaining.

(I hope that makes sense - kinda)

Mags Indigo wrote:

I imagine Entertainment will probably emerge as the nest GD - I mean apart from discussing clubs, pubs and concerts (yes I'm being a tad facetious) what else could one talk about in this section - apart from the things that make SL (and the forums) actually entertaining.

I totally agree :)

Quote Mags Indigo
I imagine Entertainment will probably emerge as the nest GD - I mean apart from discussing clubs, pubs and concerts (yes I'm being a tad facetious) what else could one talk about in this section - apart from the things that make SL (and the forums) actually entertaining.(I hope that makes sense - kinda)

Hi Mags. Yes it does make sense.

Edit: Still working on the quote bit lol.

Mags Indigo wrote:

Wow what have i done there :) woot

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4803 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.