LL Suggestion Box

Pamela Galli

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3462 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

As the majority of inworld time is spent rearranging inventory and with most purchases being done off the MP now as opposed to people going to inworld stores, your suggestion would significantly cut down on the numbers of people inworld thereby reducing lag sgnificantly.

Wonderful idea.

Maybe its just me, but the box thing doesn't seem to be working.

Every time I try posting an idea (I've got 32483249327846 of them), I get send to a sign in page and after that I end up on the Help page.

No idea if my message has been received, no email notification.

So if it is working, my first suggestion would be to add a nice clear obvious 'Message received' notification and then send back to the suggestion page.

My suggestion is for LL to be proactive in helping protect content creators.

I am spending the morning -- along with my assistant I pay $20 hr -- making a DMCA for a large sim-wide store filled 90% with my content.

In the past, those accounts would be gone. Now, LL does the barest minimum it can get by with, which does not include deleting accounts which are clearly and egregiously violating TOS as well as the law.

Pamela Galli wrote:

I am spending the morning -- along with my assistant I pay $20 hr -- making a DMCA for a large sim-wide store filled 90% with my content.

In the past, those accounts would be gone. Now, LL does the barest minimum it can get by with, which does not include deleting accounts which are clearly and egregiously violating TOS as well as the law.

I have mixed feelings about the DMCA. We have seen in the past and recently how it gets used in SL to grief and push merchands out of business, because its much more difficult to defend yourself against a false DMCA as it is to make one.

Syo Emerald wrote:

Pamela Galli wrote:

I have mixed feelings about the DMCA. We have seen in the past and recently how it gets used in SL to grief and push merchands out of business, because its much more difficult to defend yourself against a false DMCA as it is to make one.

Yes that is a problem as well, although you dont have to actually defend against a DMCA, you just counterfile. Then if the original filer of the DMCA wants he can take you to court, where you would have to defend your rights.

In my case, anyone, even LL, can at a glance tell that this is several sims full of stolen stuff -- including my original mesh.

I made 2 suggestions, both about animation.

#1 - fix the animation uploader, which breaks every single looping animation, and has gone on for over 7 years now. The 7+year old jira was attached.

#2 - Give us custome skeletons, so we can make NPCs that actually move like real people and animals.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3462 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.