Help me find my dream skin - And smooth shapes?

Linn Lavender

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3504 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello everyone :)

Not sure if I'm allowed to ask for this... but I found this skin searching around the marketplace freebies and I just really want to know who on earth made it. 'Cause I want to buy it, haha.

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/CATWA-FLEXI-HAIR-Lee-Unisex-Demo/5968160

I've been gone from SL the past... 2 years or so. And though I'm very pleased with my LEAGUE skin, I can see I'm kind of behind everything. 

I also noticed that there's no edges on this SL character. And was simply wondering if it's an alpha, mesh or anything? I just love the Jessica Rabbit feel over this chick :)

Looking forward to read your replies :) Have a nice week!!

I can't answer the first part, I don't do skin shopping and only own 3(2 of which are pre-2009) lol, but I can the second. I will assume this body is not mesh, though it is entirely possible..and if it is not mesh, the smooth edges is merely built into the ad. In other words, it was edited to look better, as most MP ads are(well, most ads in general, really).

I'm sure it's a Body Gossip head. https://www.flickr.com/photos/lialisque/with/14106130065/

The designer sell some premade: https://marketplace.secondlife.com/stores/126950/search?utf8=%E2%9C%93&search%5Bcategory_id%5D=&search%5Bmaturity_level%5D=GMA&search%5Bkeywords%5D=headhttps://marketplace.secondlife.com/products/search?utf8=%E2%9C%93&search%5Bcategory_id%5D=&search%5Bmaturity_level%5D=GMA&search%5Bkeywords%5D=body+gossip

and also does custom work. I have heard they start on 60 K linden.I have not used the Body Gossip heads, but I have the LOGO head, the Snow Rabbit head and one from the Mesh Project.

I guess that the body is The Mesh Project...or the discontinued Wowmeh. You can not get those breast with Physique. The butt and hips is clearly a mesh body, she does not wear only breasts.

Marianne Little wrote:

I saw it was The Mesh Project or Wowmeh! Yay me.
;)

Too bad that the Wowmeh still appear in images all over the grid. Teasing those who can no buy it.

Too bad that those with WowMeh are teased by some of their favourite designers producing appliers for other mesh bodies/parts.

I hope this cycle doesn't begin again. I've stuck with the WowMeh body because I don't know what's going to happen next. I was going to get the Lena next, but now I'm unsure. The belleza body is supposed to come out with a curvy version soon as well. This mesh body thing is serious business.

Tari Landar wrote:

I will assume this body is not mesh, though it is entirely possible..and if it is not mesh, the smooth edges is merely built into the ad. In other words, it was edited to look better, as most MP ads are(well, most ads in general, really).

I have no info on the general questions in the thread - but did want to say that there are some mesh attachments that don't leave seams. A few furry makers have risen to this level of skill, such as DSD, that makes a rabbit furry.

Some mesh makers for human parts have also managed this. Lola's Dellaq for example, and also the join for The Mesh Project onto the head, if you choose 'retrofit' can be seamless.

I suppose there's the question of where one shops too - I find people who manipulate the images to be rare among the things I look for.

I love the lena body, in spite of it's shortcomings. The shape is just IT for me :D  They use the omega system too, and so some skins can be made to work with it because with the developer kit, you can make tango and phat azz appliers work as a skin texture. Not all of them work though (essences tango applier winds up turned sideways, so you have one nipple on your shoulder, and one on your lower back lol, not a good look) 

Does the belleza body work with other skins besides their own? I don't think I ever saw that answered. 

Pussycat Catnap wrote:

Tari Landar wrote:

I will assume this body is not mesh, though it is entirely possible..and if it is not mesh, the smooth edges is merely built into the ad. In other words, it was edited to look better, as most MP ads are(well, most ads in general, really).

I have no info on the general questions in the thread - but did want to say that there are some mesh attachments that don't leave seams. A few furry makers have risen to this level of skill, such as DSD, that makes a rabbit furry.

Some mesh makers for human parts have also managed this. Lola's Dellaq for example, and also the join for The Mesh Project onto the head, if you choose 'retrofit' can be seamless.

I suppose there's the question of where one shops too - I find people who manipulate the images to be rare among the things I look for.

I'm not so sure you read my post correctly. Or, rather I should say  that I worded it terribly anyway, lol. I said *if* it's not mesh, it's likely been edited. Most ads are edited, to some degree, regardless  of how good the creator actually is. That doesn't necessarily mean you would know they have edited it though(aside from adding words, etc..), nor does it mean a lot of heavy editing is needed. But, we all know the general av that LL gives us, needs work, and creates edges that are not smooth, even with the best of graphics. It's simply a poor design from the word go. It's not a bad thing for people to edit photos, well, not always. Most of the time, the editing doesn't take away from the actual product, nor necessarily make it look much different from the actual product.

So yes, ads that contain avs who are not wearing mesh, are typically edited to some degree to make up for the harshness of the edges we are given by LL's idea of a "good base av".

Belleza just takes the Belleza skins at the moment only because they haven't released a developer kit yet. Once they do, I'm sure there will be more skins available. Take a look at the list of available skins for the Slink and that's probably what you'll see...Of course it is possible, since the body is made by a skin maker, that they will choose not to make the developer's kit for other skin makers. Personally, I think that would be the proverbial cutting off your nose to spite your face move. They are probably waiting to release it until they get the rigging and alpha problem resolved.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3504 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.