Question to those who wear skins from The Shops

Jade Nova

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3622 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So I LOVE my Shops/Bodyco skins but I HATE the fact that I can't wear my slinks with them, since they don't make appliers for them. I have their free mesh hands and feet but A) I can't wear my full sleeve tattoos with the hands since there are no tattoo layers for tattoo appliers on them, B) Even with tinting them they don't match that great and the feet are so much darker than the hands so it looks strange together (when tinting and wearing the blender layers) and C) I can't wear slink shoe addons with their feet because they don't fit them, and no one makes shoes for their feet except them and they literally only have one pair of heels for them.

So my question is, how do you guys get around this? I really wish they'd just make slink appliers.. Their mesh hands and feet are nice and all but they're just not the standard like slink is so unless you walk around barefoot and with no tattoos that go past the mid-forearm, there's really not much you can do with them. The Shops is one of my favorite skin stores on the grid but I've been avoiding wearing them for a while now because of the lack of slinks. So, any suggestions as to how to get around that? Do they actually make slink appliers and they're just hidden away somewhere in some obscure location? Does anyone actually make shoes for their feet? What do? D;

I have their feet, and a pair from another company which I prefer-only because the scripting is a little bit less heavy(though not much). Unfortunately no one makes shoes that actually fit either set of feet. So, if I want to wear shoes-which I do not often do, I just don't wear those feet. I don't use their hands, because I'm not a fan of mesh hands in general. For the most part, I go barefoot though. That's the entire reason I got mesh feet to begin with, because the sl av feet are fugly. I like going barefoot in sl though.

To be honest though, I think you're asking for an awful lot. Slink feet are a direct competitor of them, so it isn't likely they're going to make slink appliers. They might, but it would certainly be an odd business decision on their part, and probably wouldn't make much sense to most people.

I do hope they come out with more shoe options, or that they allow other creators to come out with shoe options. I did hear, at one time, more shoe options would come out, but I haven't seen them yet. But, as someone who does not like slink feet, I'd rather not see even more creators support primarily slink feet(if not entirely). It's just as discouraging to see so many shoes that are beautiful, wonderfully made, that I can't use because I don't want slink feet. So, I stick with what options I have, because not using slink feet is the choice I have, personally, made.

You would probably have better luck asking shoe creators who have feet as part of their shoes or as seperate feet to fit their shoes to provide a skin match to those skins, if they don't already.   There are several shoe makers that have HUDs with skin matching to specific brands and tones of skins.

I can't work my way around this, so I stopped using The Shops skins.

The need for appliers is a major drawback for them. But hey, it is their business model. Back when you could buy just the face as a tattoo for 500L, I bought one of them and wore the face over another skin that had all appliers available. The Shops has stopped selling the face tattoos, I have to buy a full skin pack and that is just out of the question.

It is not just a matter of competition with Slink. Slink feet and hands are old and well established now, while The Shops jut recently released hands and feet. The updates and add-ons is so slow, they basically has one pair of pumps and that's it... where is the profit in giving away hands and feet and sell pumps for 1L?

Breasts, butts and mesh bodies is also a market The Shops sell no parts of, and they don't sell any appliers for anything at all. I spend my money in other places.

So no workaround for me... sorry... I just quit using them.

Yeah, unfortunately that's pretty much what I had to do; stop using them. It just sucks because their skins are so nice so I was hoping someone would have a workaround.

I don't think they're really a direct competitor with Slink though because they have so little available and their hands&feet only have appliers for their own skin tones. Besides, their mesh hands&feet are free, and the pumps are just a donation gift which can be as low as $1L to get them. It if anything would be a nice alternative to those who can't afford slinks with all the fancy layers on them, but honestly they really aren't any competition. The only competition there is at all imo is the mesh heads. But as for hands&feet? I disagree.

As for wearing shoes with the feet built in with the tinting hud, I don't think anyone even makes those anymore honestly. So my options for that would be severely limited, as well as outdated.

Well, I didn't say they were good competition, lol. That doesn't change the fact that they are still a competitor in the mesh body parts market. Whether or not they are close to their competition, or offer the same products(or even quality) will of course differ.

They may eventually make appliers for their skins, no one can say for certain, except them. But I imagine they're not going to create slink compatible shoes anytime soon. Sure it may be appealing to people that own slink(which is a pretty large crowd at this point, of course), but it would not help them if they do decide to create more shoes for their own feet. If they do not want to create more shoes, then, perhaps, it would be a good business move to have their feet compatible with slink appliers. But, honestly, I'm not sure if the two companies(creators) will work hand in hand like that, at least at this point.

Hopefully they'll find a way to appease their current and future customers in this area.

I'm still someone who would rather see them come out with shoes for their feet, and not slink compatible shoes. But, like I said, I'm biased, I don't want slink feet, lol.

It would be nice if all the mesh feet could be compatible with all of the appliers, but that is soo a pipe dream, lol. It would open up a lot  more options for both the creators and customers, though.

I forgot Gos and N-core. They offer a database with skin tints that's supposed to fit. At least they list Body Co, that's The Shops previous name.

http://blog.gosboutique.com/?page_id=809 

https://www.flickr.com/photos/52776592@N03/8417108341/

What they can't match 100% is highlight and shadings, and The Shops skins has a lot of that down the legs. Still, it can be worth a try. They have barefoot options as well. 

You should be able to match your Slink hands and feet to the skin. Check the Slink website and see if the skins have already been matched and then follow the directions. You can also manually match with the RGB. Again, follow the directions on the Slink Hud and website. You should be able to get a near-perfect match. You can contact Slink Customer Service and she'll be more than happy to help you match your hands and feet.

That is very true. For my skin there are no appliers available. However, following Slink's instructions to the letter I was able to get a perfect match with the Slink feet and my skin. No seam, and no colour mismatch are seen. The blend is perfect.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3622 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.