Jump to content

More Group space


You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3642 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Recommended Posts

I would love to have lindens to add more group spaces it about time for it !!  We dont have enough ... WE have a clubs, some have Role play group ,Store ect ...And any more these Groups are charge as the result of grifiver and spammer . unlikly they will get in fo they charge ... But with not alot of group space some are going brokes having to get rid of some ..adding more them having to get the other ones back . due to lack of space ..Honestly i would like the number to go up where we can have at least 60  groups ..It time for the change ...Just saying think about it ?

 

Any one else  give a thumbs up if ya Agree Smiles and have a great day 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites


Shonda Sholokhov wrote:

I would love to have lindens to add more group spaces it about time for it !!  We dont have enough ... WE have a clubs, some have Role play group ,Store ect ...And any more these Groups are charge as the result of grifiver and spammer . unlikly they will get in fo they charge ... But with not alot of group space some are going brokes having to get rid of some ..adding more them having to get the other ones back . due to lack of space ..Honestly i would like the number to go up where we can have at least 60  groups ..It time for the change ...Just saying think about it ?

 

Any one else  give a thumbs up if ya Agree Smiles and have a great day 

 

Nope, bad idea. Fix groups first, then think about adding more.  If people were a bit less careless about which groups they join, it's likely they wouldn't find themselves having to drop ones they paid for.  Most groups do not charge. In fact, it seems, the majority of groups that do, are fashion groups for specific stores. Unless you fuly intend to make good use of every linden you spend joining a group, I'd be more cautious about which ones you pay for and which ones you don't/  If joining groups alone makes you broke, there may be a problem with simply getting in over your head as far as groups are concerned.

But, you can refer to the other thread previously posted for my take on groups.

I still would NOT agree we need more space, until groups are fully fixed. And even then...we still probably don't need more. Some people might, but most people, do not.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Since Amethyst already pointed out a recent thread where all this was discussed, including the reasons against blindly raising the limit, I'll just repeat my answer here: NO, not until Linden Labs properly fixes those issues... and I might add: not until we, the residents, do our part too and stop using groups for things they weren't meant for.

Link to comment
Share on other sites


Shonda Sholokhov wrote:

I would love to have lindens to add more group spaces it about time for it !!  We dont have enough ... WE have a clubs, some have Role play group ,Store ect ...And any more these Groups are charge as the result of grifiver and spammer . unlikly they will get in fo they charge ... But with not alot of group space some are going brokes having to get rid of some ..adding more them having to get the other ones back . due to lack of space ..Honestly i would like the number to go up where we can have at least 60  groups ..It time for the change ...Just saying think about it ?

 

Any one else  give a thumbs up if ya Agree Smiles and have a great day 

 

in 7 years I've only payed to join 2 groups, I think there's better way to deal with spammer, then charging.

Currently there are  some things you could do to protect your groups from spam.  One would be to remove from the everyone roll the abilities to start chat and send notices,  then have group moderator's add people to rolls for people who need to chat and send notices, that way people can't just join/rejoin and start spamming.

an other thing you could do would be to not have your groups open enrolment and have the group invite board or what ever you use send you and your group moderators message for group membership request.

There's some new tools in the works on Second Life RC LeTigre that may help with your group griefer and spammed problems:

http:http://community.secondlife.com/t5/Second-Life-Server/Deploys-for-the-week-of-2014-06-09/td-p/2744850//

If any of your groups are just from sending out information and messages then there are several alternative to SL groups, and may actually work better in many ways:

http://www.subscribeomatic.com/

http:https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/ArtiZan-Postmaster-Online-Delivery-Mail-Server/1365664?//

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Almost every group I have is building related and paid spots.  I hate leaving a group I had to pay to get into to join another group that you have to pay to get into to get the benefits of that group.  Being a builder, there are tons of amazing groups where once joined you get not only the help of the creator of said group for their particular creations, but tons of free incentives to be a part of their group.  So, yes, I think group space should at least double.  It has been years since we have had an increase and for creators especially, it just makes sense.

Link to comment
Share on other sites


Ren Toxx wrote:


Phil Deakins wrote:

Maybe no, Coby, but it did bring us together so it was very good
:)

I'm this close to creating a group for you two alone... ahem... :matte-motes-wink-tongue:

We could all just move over to the OTHER THREAD and let them have their privacy here.  ;)

 

 

 

 

(besides, then we could peek in ;) )

Link to comment
Share on other sites


Perrie Juran wrote:


Ren Toxx wrote:


Phil Deakins wrote:

Maybe no, Coby, but it did bring us together so it was very good
:)

I'm this close to creating a group for you two alone... ahem... :matte-motes-wink-tongue:

We could all just move over to the 
and let them have their privacy here. 
;)

(besides, then we could peek in
;)
)

Hey! You cannot escape from us so easily. We are there too, The Other Thread  :matte-motes-evil-grin: :matte-motes-whistle:

Link to comment
Share on other sites


Coby Foden wrote:


Perrie Juran wrote:


Ren Toxx wrote:


Phil Deakins wrote:

Maybe no, Coby, but it did bring us together so it was very good
:)

I'm this close to creating a group for you two alone... ahem... :matte-motes-wink-tongue:

We could all just move over to the 
and let them have their privacy here. 
;)

(besides, then we could peek in
;)
)

Hey! You cannot escape from us so easily. We are there too, 
  :matte-motes-evil-grin: :matte-motes-whistle:

Who said anything about escaping?

We just wanted to give you some privacy so you could misbehave.

 

 

 

while we cam in from the distance

Link to comment
Share on other sites


Stormm Firecaster wrote:

Almost every group I have is building related and paid spots.  I hate leaving a group I had to pay to get into to join another group that you have to pay to get into to get the benefits of that group.  Being a builder, there are tons of amazing groups where once joined you get not only the help of the creator of said group for their particular creations, but tons of free incentives to be a part of their group.  So, yes, I think group space should at least double.  It has been years since we have had an increase and for creators especially, it just makes sense.

Except the entire system can't handle the groups we have now. You'll only compound the problem.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3642 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...