2 questions: Looking for a realistic skin seller and also can a skin tone be lightened?

Winterish

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3638 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have been searching for a realistic skin seller and I can't find one, can someone recommend a seller? price doesn't matter!  I saw someone with a realistic looking avi on sl the other day but she wouldn't tell me where she got the avi. I have been looking on the market place page and can't find any that look real.

Also, can a skintone be lightened?

There are a bazillion skin makers. Search the net for second life fashion blogs. There are hundreds. They list the top skin makers and review various skins.

I like JucyBomb and Strawberry Singh blogs.

AFAIK, few skins can be tweaked for color. Nomine (no longer making skins) used to make color adjustable skins. I have not seen any in some time or even tried to adjust a skin color. Try it with the skin you have now. Appearance tinting of skin may still work.

For there to even be a chance to adjust skin color, the skin must be MOD-OK.

There are a lot of good skin stores. Lura Hurley and Glam Affair are two of my favorites. Lura Hurley sells a skin burner in the inworld store, I also saw several on the MP. I don't care for the effect, but it does do the job. 

edited because I don't seem to know how to make complete sentences -.- 

I like Izzie's skins. The skins are all keept natural, with no premade make up on it and don't follow a silly fashion trend (no deformed faces). The skin colours ranges from very pale ones to dark ones and are even in the stores vendorimages represented in a natural way.

+ popular appliers available

+ make up made for her skins available at the store

Personally, I like The Sugar Garden's skins...but Pink Fuel also has some nice ones. :)

Skin tones generally come in set colors, but most have demos available to try so that you can pick just the right one, without risking a waste of Lindens. :)

Feel free to message me in world if you need some help finding anything for your avi. I love playing personal shopper. ^-^

It is difficult to recommend it, for what I think about as real might not be your idea of real. An avatar who looks real to me, is where the shape has realistic proportions and the skin lots of details. And mesh feet and hands to replace the default ones. No matter how good the skin is, it can not fix the paddle feet. So it is much to put together. Are you looking for skin that look photosourced? Most skins are handpainted, of a hybrid where photosourced images are pInted over and blended. I will also recommend Flickr. Search SL official or SL skins.

You can also look at my flickr stream if you like. I post details of what I wear. I don't post only human looks, but fantasy ones like drows.

Your second question: yes but you will loose details in the skin. They sell skin correctong tattoos that is a partly transparent layer. To lighten is a white color, to darken a bronze color. You can also buy fantasy colors like blue. This layer will change skin color but also make small details blurry. The stronger effect, the more detail covered. PXL sells a good set of layers for natural effects.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3638 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.