this was very strange....

devilgyrl Denver

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 5122 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hi

I was inworld 10 minutes ago and something very strange was  happend to me.

I had to go to the bathroom in rl and when i came back and looked at my screen I saw a woman outside from the

window. She looked at me while i was laying on my bed maybe 5 minutes then I thought that she was gone.

But nope...she came in my house and came upstairs and watched me again....she didnt say any words.

So i was looking in the person search for this woman but it told me that this person not exist.

So what can I do if she comes back???

devilgyrl

21 answers to this question

Ideally you have security for your home, use it to eject her.  If you don't have security and your property/permissions allow it... get some; a good property security system costs about 400-600L.

If she returns rightclick her av or tag, select 'more' and see if you have an 'eject' option... you might already be able to eject if your landlord gave his tenants that right.

Tell your landlord, describe the circumstance and get them to put her on the ban list.

Perhaps they have their profile hidden from search - if they're staring you in the face, they exist

It could be a new person just amazed with sl as we all were back in the day, could be a wolf in a womans av... if they said nothing and left voluntarily i wouldn't be overly concerned, just a little annoyed it happened.

PS, its not so strange, i get one or two people literally 'dropping in' on my house per week... guess they just pick some spot on a map and teleport there not even really knowing where they're going.  Maybe they're looking for land for sale, rooms to rent and just helped themselves to check out your place thinking 'omg, i hope to have a place this cool someday...'

I got a pool and a waterslide at my place.  Call it murphy's law but if i ever logout or i'm exploring sl forgetting to turn my security on... its even money i'll come back home to someone playing on the waterslide.  Sometimes i get a little miffed thinking "this is MY home you know"... other times I'll just go inside and let them play or chat them up - made 2 friends through tresspassing, the beauty that is sl LOL.

Unklebob i can live with that loool...but i was in my bed and she watched me....and of course i read about wolfes and vampires and stuff like that.

Im working right now on my winterland and i have a ice rink and i will do more....maybe she saw it ...i have no idea but i wouldnt go to anybodys land and watching them.....ahhh maybe yes if they were "naked"....loool

Try working a naked event at a club, clicking a pop-up to accept a tip but accidentally clicking on a mass tp you didn't even notice... tp'ing your own naked a** out of the club, during an event your hosting, wondering where the heck your going, and arriving buck naked at some stores white sale in the middle of a bunch of bargain hunters. 

Yeppers - as a noob, I was constantly wandering into / watching stuff that I now know was probably people's private things.  Oooh - here's a door, let's click on it and see what happens, and so on.  Met a lotta nice people that way who explained privacy and space to me in very polite language ... oh and the guy who wanted my feet, but that's another story.  What it also did was reinforce to me that if i wanted privacy on my own land, I would need to enforce it somehow - hence the excessive security orbs, ban lines and so forth.

Edit:  And, Unklebob - how do i get an invite to those parties?????

Message was edited by: Naerose Eiren

Personally, I prefer security orbs to ban lines. Ban lines are so ugly and go up 300 m or so above your land so can make navigation on a sim rather difficult. A security orb will do the job for your personal property without interfering in navigation and preserve the esthetics. But that is personal preference, of course.

LOL. I've had that happen. My old place was on the border edge between a residential sim and a club sim. Any time anyone would get ejected from the club's sim they'd land right on my roof! So I had to deal with the spamming, griefing riffraff... At least your tresspassers were the good kind usually, Unklebob. Let's just say my homestead didn't stay on that sim for long.

And speaking of nude club events, ever accidentally been TPed when on a sex bed and getting locked in a hip-thrusting animation on the other end? I got ARed because that happened to me where I was TPed to a PG sim. I'm surprised you got so many friends, and even more surprised you got a real life restraining order for an SL accident.

As for devilgyrl's predicament, I've had that happen before, too. This person walked right into my house while my partner and I were having sex, sat down on the couches and started playing with them. Never said a word, just started playing with everything in the house, even the bed my partner and I were on. When the intruder finally answered IMs asking him why he was in my home and why he was abusing my stuff while my partner and I were in a private moment he replied "Oh, this is a home? I didn't realize. I just thought anyone could use the stuff and it looked interesting." Needless to say he got banned and ejected immediately. He wasn't a noob, just an inconsiderate person who was probably a griefer.

What's stupid is the guy was in my house, on my land, which was named "Chancellor Bayn's Homestead" and had an actual real-life looking house on it. It wasn't a club, it had couches, beds, a picture viewer with many of my personally-taken SL pictures on it. Yeah, it had a dance pole or two but they were personal ones. How someone can mistake a parcel labled a "Homestead" for anything but a home is beyond me.

ROFLMAO Unklebob!!!!

On my previous av, a few years ago, I actually got shot out of a skybox by a penis shooter...naked...wearing moon boots...stuck in the monkey dance animation.  As luck would have it, my neighbors were apparently having their wedding...which I landed in the middle of... naked, wearing moon boots, doing the monkey dance.  They weren't amused and I was banned immediately.  *snorts laughing*

that is very strange ha ha.  i believe in the "if it doesn't belong to you, it isn't yours" idea, which means i don't wander through people's houses in SL just as i don't wander through them in RL.  i find it unbelievable that other people will.

in any case, when someone wanders through my house, i do send them an IM saying "i did not invite you to my house, so please leave until i do invite you"; and their reaction / response tells me all i need to know about "is this person a potential friend?" or "is this person an alt of someone i do know?" or "is this person innocently lost despite having deliberately climbed two flights of stairs to get to me" or "is this person trying to be annoying" -- and most often they just leave without saying anything.

as long as the land is push enabled, there are several useful pets.  One is a cat that is about as much real cat as anything in SL.  And it has a set boundary so you can leave it in charge of your house and it will push any intruder out of the area that it is protecting.

And when you come home it will jump into your arms and purr.

And you never sneeze from it, because it is hypoalergenic.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 5122 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.