Thinking of becoming an event hostess?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3701 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Lately i noticed that events for fashion price reductions are becoming dull. (I particpate in two that are fabulous but thats beside the point)

Is there anything I should know before I try to take on this task? I already have a building, etc etc what id need. But is there some things I cant control that I need to know about?
Should I already be known for something?
Am I going to be igged cause im not known by the entire sl world.
What would my difficulties be..what challenges do you think id come across?

think i understand the OP  right....

i hope...

wanting to be landlord who hosts events on his/her land....

think it's not really something to make your job, most bigger sales events will rent whole sims for a limited time and let the products attract the visitors, even when it's boring their products are in the centre of attention.

As example... at the moment the Skin fair is at full steam, making there a zingo hall or motorcross track won't support the event much and perhaps even not attrackt the public they want.

What you plan to do with your land/sims when there are no events? ( main part of the year) or you want to rent sims and rent those out to others?... your profit on the rent is first loss for your tennants. they get cheaper places when they rent themself.

Lotus, I don't have any specific advice for you; I've hosted events, but nothing like what you seem to be proposing.

One possibility, however, might be to consult the fashion mavens on FabFree in SL (http://fabfree.wordpress.com/). They periodically have a "Fab Advice" post in which they collectively provide answers for questions like this. They'll have a far better sense of what might work than anyone here is likely to.

You might also post this question on the Fashion subforum here:

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/Fashion/bd-p/Fashion

Good luck!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3701 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.