VOTEBOXES

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3874 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Perrie Juran wrote:

Alicia Sautereau wrote:

Ah, those ugly things...

I`m starting to feel old again...

It's like my flight feather.

A gift from my first 'mentor' who I loved dearly.

I know it is not needed any more but I still wear it.

Fond memories.

I`ll throw in my Conover's SuperSmooth Flight-Helper 3.0a from april 3rd 2007 as I never liked wearing feathers :P

...and I still have Teddy from the old forum cartel :D

The primary purpose of vote boxes in SL today is to give hosts something to say besides "show your Linden Love" and 'awesome tune'.  It relieves some of their boredom and allows another button on their gesturebating HUDS to be useful by playing "don't forget to slap the box and show SL we're number 1" when pressed. 

The secondary purpose is to make sure no resources go to waste by sucking up some more script memory keeping track of the votes and server time..  In return it gives the club owner useful data.  By comparing this data to actual traffic they can interpolate how many gullible people were there that do what they are told to without question vs. people that actually may know something.

What a lot of clubs don't realize is that endless host and groupie gestures really make for a poor experience - especially for newbies. They force normal chat off the screen to the point where if you do say hi to someone publically, their answer is probably 30 lines of text down buried in ALL CAPs.

Perrie Juran wrote:

Alicia Sautereau wrote:

Ah, those ugly things...

I`m starting to feel old again...

It's like my flight feather.

A gift from my first 'mentor' who I loved dearly.

I know it is not needed any more but I still wear it.

Fond memories.

This is me, at the moment I received my flight feather from my first 'mentor', 12th December 2007.

12.12.07 Colman gives Marigold a flight feather.jpg

Ahhhh, memories are very precious, and every time I see one of those old voting boxes I have a pang.

Snickers Snook wrote:

What a lot of clubs don't realize is that endless host and groupie gestures really make for a poor experience - especially for newbies. They force normal chat off the screen to the point where if you do say hi to someone publically, their answer is probably 30 lines of text down buried in ALL
CRAPs

Fixed =)

I leave instantly and never come back if it`s the host(s).

strange about that comparing vote box to traffic thing since some of us just refuse to hit the things since really isn't a vote supposed to be if u actually like the place. Often we go places cause people we know teleported us there and we stay to hang with them not because we actually like the location. I only vote if there is something about the place that is over and above the norm of what i like otherwise well im lying if i slap a vote for a place just cause someone told me to. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3874 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.