This is SO DAMN CUTE!

Tex Monday

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3898 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I usually don't post stuff like this, but I couldn't resist.

4 year old Adelaide Ames just wanted to stop hearing fireworks. So her dad replaced them with a song, sung together to a bright pink ukulele. 

It starts and stops, but once it gets going it's really cute...

http://www.dailydot.com/lifestyle/imaginary-fireworks-adelaide-ames-video/

I usually don't post stuff like this, but I couldn't resist.

4 year old Adelaide Ames just wanted to stop hearing fireworks. So her dad replaced them with a song, sung together to a bright pink ukulele. 

It starts and stops, but once it gets going it's really cute...

http://www.dailydot.com/lifestyle/imaginary-fireworks-adelaide-ames-video/

Tex, that's adorable!

I love watching Adelaide's fingers fly out to make the firework as she shushes Dad, and her eyes as she imagines the fireworks. And Pop is a gem as he plays along.

This reminds me of "launching missiles" with my Dad. The two of us would share the sound effects of a rocket launch. He would do the starting roar and ascent (he had a low, booming voice), then I would to the whistle (or try) as it started falling to earth. Then he would to the final poof at the bottom, but I never knew when it was coming. It was a play on Wile E. Coyote falling off the cliff and I would absolutely vibrate with excitement while waiting for the impact.

Thanks for posting this!!!

More than a year passed, as the little girl devoted her all to becoming airborne.

So she might be as one, with beautiful birds & heavenly angels.

attempt after attempt.... she fell softly, cradled by the lush grass & flowers.

She sang joyfully before each leap, to the animals, insects, sky & earth,

seeking that they smile upon her and grant her one wish.

She knew, that to soar with gods beautiful creations, her singing must be no less than perfect.

Logging her activities with "the authorities" at the end of another day...

her mother smiled knowingly while hugging her baby, gave thanks & wept with joy.

Maryanne Solo wrote:

More than a year passed, as the little girl devoted her all to becoming airborne.

So she might be as one, with beautiful birds & heavenly angels.

attempt after attempt.... she fell softly, cradled by the lush grass & flowers.

She sang joyfully before each leap, to the animals, insects, sky & earth,

seeking that they smile upon her and grant her one wish.

She knew, that to soar with gods beautiful creations, her singing must be no less than perfect.

Logging her activities with "the authorities" at the end of another day...

her mother smiled knowingly while hugging her baby, gave thanks & wept with joy.

I just rehabbed the old family swingset for the new neighbor kids.

I can still get some serious air.

Try it and report back to me.

;-)

Aislin Ceawlin wrote:

WOW, I was under the impression that this was the General Discussion forum where people can post pretty much anything.

So what have you got against me posting my opinion?

If you don't care for it, don't look at it. Kind of like the t.v. or radio....not your taste, change the channel!

Hmm, is there an echo in here?

Maryanne Solo wrote:

Mark the thread as NFT next time. *winx

(not for the talentless).

Why the crack about those of us who don't have musical talent?  Not all people are born with the same aptitude.  Nor, do all have the same appreciation of the things that others might like.  It's these differences that make us unique, and if we all liked the same things, it would be a rather boring world.

Aislin Ceawlin wrote:

WOW, I was under the impression that this was the General Discussion forum where people can post pretty much anything. I thought it was adorable. Thanks Tex! Pie, if you don't care for it, don't look at it. Kind of like the t.v. or radio....not your taste, change the channel!

So, you're free to complain about those who complain here, but those who complain here should just, "change the channel"?

Your logic escapes me.  

Mind you, I don't follow your advice (which obviously you don't either), and I like to read all the comments, even those which I find contrary.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3898 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.