Can you bring back avatar last names, please!!!

AriaReid

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3868 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I'm not really sure where else I would put this on here, but I really hate this new everyone is Resident thing. It makes our names less unique. Sure, there was a lot more first name repeating, but that's understandable considering the same thing happens IRL! AND with the new ones, we're forced to put more than one word/name or add numbers to our names.

For those of us who roleplay, we don't want something like "ryan32432" to stare at when we're trying to have a realistic roleplay. Yes, I know, you have display names now. That's nice and stuff, but people can still see your old name and it bothers me that I have to add more to a name to have it. Besides, I just really love the last names. :(

8 answers to this question

I'm not really sure where else I would put this on here, but I really hate this new everyone is Resident thing. It makes our names less unique. Sure, there was a lot more first name repeating, but that's understandable considering the same thing happens IRL! AND with the new ones, we're forced to put more than one word/name or add numbers to our names.

For those of us who roleplay, we don't want something like "ryan32432" to stare at when we're trying to have a realistic roleplay. Yes, I know, you have display names now. That's nice and stuff, but people can still see your old name and it bothers me that I have to add more to a name to have it. Besides, I just really love the last names. :(

Welcome to Second Life Answers, Aria

Unfortunately, Linden Lab are sticking to their guns on this one.  There were talks of discussions by the CEO of Linden Lab a couple of years ago, but it was decided that last names would not be brought back into use.

:catsad::matte-motes-frown::mansad::robotsad:

It would be nice if LL brought back last names, however as an earlier poster pointed out, that train has left the station on it's way to Residentville (just passed Hootervile, but thats another thread.

I was fortune enough to get a last name. Sadly, I don't come out as much as I should.

Perhads the fine minds at LL will relent someday and issue a limited number of last names for some to grab and use. Not holding my breath, but an avi can always dream.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3868 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.