Free Linden Lottery

Tex Monday

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3885 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So....go back with me....

It's Sunday, November 4th 2012. I find through the forums this website called "Free Linden Lottery". Sounds interesting...put in your name and you have a chance to win $100L. Easy..painless, right?

Well...for 311 days, I've been going to this website...putting my name in and hoping for the best. Thinking that I'm never going to win...

Today, I sign on....it's my name in there. And it's not $100L, it's $19,600L. WOO HOO!

I type my name in...hit "Collect Prize" and......

"Oopsies..something went wrong when claimng your prize".  UUUUGGGHHH!!!!!!

(Happened to another person a few days ago when I told her that she had won.)

So....doing this for two reasons:

1) MAYBE...JUST MAYBE...someone who has something to do with the site would read this and help

2) (the more likely reason) It's a complete scam and people should leave there in droves....

Anyway...just wanted to vent and pass that along...

I'll let you know if something changes....

So....go back with me....

It's Sunday, November 4th 2012. I find through the forums this website called "Free Linden Lottery". Sounds interesting...put in your name and you have a chance to win $100L. Easy..painless, right?

Well...for 311 days, I've been going to this website...putting my name in and hoping for the best. Thinking that I'm never going to win...

Today, I sign on....it's my name in there. And it's not $100L, it's $19,600L. WOO HOO!

I type my name in...hit "Collect Prize" and......

"Oopsies..something went wrong when claimng your prize".  UUUUGGGHHH!!!!!!

(Happened to another person a few days ago when I told her that she had won.)

So....doing this for two reasons:

1) MAYBE...JUST MAYBE...someone who has something to do with the site would read this and help

2) (the more likely reason) It's a complete scam and people should leave there in droves....

Anyway...just wanted to vent and pass that along...

I'll let you know if something changes....

Tex Monday wrote:

I find through the forums this website

Sounds interesting...put in your name and you have a chance to win $100L. Easy..painless, right?

I've been going to this website

putting my name in

I love, lovelovelove, that this strikes people as a sensible thing to be doing.

In 2013.

On the Internet.

Freya Mokusei wrote:

I love, lovelovelove, that this strikes people as a sensible thing to be doing.

In 2013.

On the Internet.

In my defense...people had been collecting from this site as far back as December of last year. My guess is that the people stopped running it and don't know (or don't care) that there's a problem.

Best case scenario: The account sending L$ has run out of funds.

Worst case scenario: Suffer a compromised account or system.

This isn't rocket science, the operator must've been getting these L$ from somewhere (odds are, not charitable donations).

Can't use other users' success rates to determine legitimacy: wild-cat in an eBay box, too easy to create alts.

There's no such thing as a free lunch, if there's no charge to use a service then you're the product. Name/browser/IP scooping/association is easy to do, lucrative to the right people. Exploits exist within the SL system and can score even more points.

Yep, it's free. In my book it's free, anyway.

Nope, it's not. In the case of sploders, money trees, camping and so forth you are the product. You help the sim owner gaining a nice high traffic rate. So maybe you're not the product but at least a grossly underpaid worker. Ever thought about why Google's various commodities are "free"? Why LL let's you play in their sandbox for "free"?

Phil, they have us by the balls. :smileysurprised: Or, no, they have you by the balls. I don't have any. :smileytongue:

Here's the final outcome...

Tried to collect up until 40 minutes before the "end of the day" and kept getting the same error message.

No effect on my account (although, I thought I got scammed because I forgot my new password when I changed it) and no extra lindens in my pocket. All my lindens and inventory is still in place.

Oh well...maybe the owner will come back and we can try again.

Thanks for the support...and the concern (or was it ridicule?).

Judging by the posts in the thread, it seems to me that the system was genuine and, as has been said, paid out - right up until something went wrong with paying out and the money has been building up ever since. Hence the huge amount it told you you had won. I.e. each time the pay-out didn't pay out, that money was added to the next pay-out, and so on.

Phil Deakins wrote:

Judging by the posts in the thread, it seems to me that the system was genuine and, as has been said, paid out - right up until something went wrong with paying out and the money has been building up ever since. Hence the huge amount it told you you had won. I.e. each time the pay-out didn't pay out, that money was added to the next pay-out, and so on.

Right....

The way it's supposed to work is that they start with $100L and if no one collects, they add another $100L every day until someone wins. It also takes into account how many days you've been logging into the site and gives you $1 for each day. That's why the total was $19,600L plus the $312L for the days I logged in.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3885 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.