Unable to collect prize from certain L$ lottery

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3805 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I am yet to see a L$ Lottery that is legitimate. This is a common problem (a lottery that does not give prizes), leading to the loss of many accounts. It has been especially prevailent in the last 10-12 days.

Mostly because how would they first make money to give away? The SL economy does not support this without considerable cost to the operator. There is no concept of interest in SL, and financial manipulation or closed economic sub-markets of lending/borrowing are prohibited in a general sense.

Regardless, always follow standard anti-phishing procedures. Don't use the same password in two locations, don't associate your SL avatar name on third-party sites, never login using your SL account anywhere except secondlife.com (and always check the SSL certificate if you are unsure).

If you are certain this lottery is legitimate, you would have to contact the operator for more help in claiming your prize. I would typically say this isn't worthwhile, it is always a scam.

Madeline Blackbart wrote:

well I honestly can't imagine how the lottery is being held anyway as isn't it gambleing which is banned? or is this one where you don't enter with cash?

...Hence why it's almost certainly a scam?

The rule #1 for avoiding scams is "if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is." These lotteries typically notify people without warning/registration, and state that the user has won without any investment. It's fairly easy to classify simply on that basis.

The fact that the OP can't enter details about the lottery probably helps prove my point. A filter is used on these forums to prevent certain information from being posted, repeated scams and phishing sites fall under this category.

I win 4700L$ i can't have my prize.

chrismignon mcdonnell No L$4700 L$65 04/13/2013

it's not a fishing website, my friends win 300L$ he only ask for you username

https://github.com/johnathancroom/FreeLindenLottery the lottery is open in github

the shop inworld and marketplaces "touché" is not here any more the avatar don't have connect since november

the account is probaly out of fund, the box with money is probaly not inworld 

in the future the avatar take down lottery or give money to people i don't know

the creator never answer my message and never got any L$

• 2 months later...

I won today 11900L aaand I can't collect them ;/  Some of the profiles actually managed to collect their prize but it was smaller like 300-500.... it freaking pain in the a*s, it bugs me to watch how much lindens I've won and I can't even take them...

• 5 months later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3805 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.