Dimensions, Avatars, Content - some thoughts

Coby Foden

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3880 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Trinity Yazimoto wrote:

Phil Deakins wrote:

Tell me where and I'll come and give you the kiss of mouth - to resuscitate you, naturally:)

what ? after having tried to flirt with every women
(Maddy included)
at the breakfast ... now you go on in this thread ! Coby, Sephina, Ceka.... wow !!!! you never stop !!!! 

Ok then ... im done with you...

i will never lick your shoes again... neither let you watch my melons..... 

*turns her back and slams the door !*

... crosses her arms and glares at you.

I may pitch for the other team, but that doesn't mean I can't be a target for a good flirt!

Or were you implying something that I'm a pain in the neck? Is that it? I'm a pain in the neck?!

... double glares at you.

Trinity Yazimoto wrote:

what ? after having tried to flirt with every women (Maddy included) at the breakfast ... now you go on in this thread ! Coby, Sephina, Ceka.... wow !!!! you never stop !!!! 

*Joins Trinity out the door, with some good red-headed foot stomping thrown in*

Trinity Yazimoto wrote:

Phil Deakins wrote:

Tell me where and I'll come and give you the kiss of mouth - to resuscitate you, naturally:)

what ? after having tried to flirt with every women (Maddy included) at the breakfast ... now you go on in this thread ! Coby, Sephina, Ceka.... wow !!!! you never stop !!!! 

WHAT? You know I only have eyes for you. You are my sunshine. Besides I didn't flirt with Maddy. I was in awe of her - because of her knowledge of physics. I could have done with her some years ago in the RA forum when I was in an argument for someone about what you can and cannot know about a particle. He claimed that there is only one pair of properties that you can't know the values of at the same time - velocity and location. I argued that there are other pairs like that, and I knew there were because I'd read them. My problem is that I like to read that stuff but I don't remember much of what I read so I couldn't state another pair. I've since re-read what I'd read and I have another pair ready for him (spin count and spin direction) if he ever argues it again. I don't even remember who it was so I can't bring it up in front of him. But I'm ready :)

Also, I didn't flirt with Ceka. And I only wanted a quick snog, disguised as the kiss of life, with Sephina. That doesn't count as flirting in my book. It only counts as a quick snog :)

Madelaine McMasters wrote:

Trinity Yazimoto wrote:

Phil Deakins wrote:

what ? after having tried to flirt with every women
(Maddy included)
at the breakfast ... now you go on in this thread ! Coby, Sephina, Ceka.... wow !!!! you never stop !!!! 

... crosses her arms and glares at you.

I may pitch for the other team, but that doesn't mean I can't be a target for a good flirt!

Or were you implying something that I'm a pain in the neck? Is that it? I'm a pain in the neck?!

... double glares at you.

i wont be impressed bec you glare at me... crossed arms or not .....  i wasnt implying anything.. i just said "Maddy included" bec you was at the same table than us and it was obvious, and more than obvious, that already he was cheated me with you.... i dont know for the other ones at the breakfast.. i just have doubts.. but for you im pretty sure.. something happened between you and him... and the best evidence.. is that, after stealing Tex's keys, you didnt offered tthem to me ... no!!!! but to Phil !!!!  So i knew there was already smthing in my back....

That's just what i was implying.... So stop crossing your arms and glaring at me... 

*wears her sunglasses and smirks"

Tex needs to see this longrider jacket  i found..

i see he is into the western look..so i was shopping the other day and found one of these..

then seen his pic in there today and it reminded me of it..i thought maybe he would like one or the whole set..they have a lot of different shades..

check this out and see what you think Tex =)

Peacemaker leather

Phil Deakins wrote:

Trinity Yazimoto wrote:

Phil Deakins wrote:

WHAT? You know I only have eyes for you. You are my sunshine. Besides I didn't flirt with Maddy. I was in awe of her - because of her knowledge of physics. I could have done with her some years ago in the RA forum when I was in an argument for someone about what you can and cannot know about a particle. He claimed that there is only one pair of properties that you can't know the values of at the same time - velocity and location. I argued that there are other pairs like that, and I knew there were because I'd read them. My problem is that I like to read that stuff but I don't remember much of what I read so I couldn't state another pair. I've since re-read what I'd read and I have another pair ready for him (spin count and spin direction) if he ever argues it again. I don't even remember who it was so I can't bring it up in front of him. But I'm ready
:)

Also, I didn't flirt with Ceka. And I only wanted a quick snog, disguised as the kiss of life, with Sephina. That doesn't count as flirting in my book. It only counts as a quick snog

Answers my question. *Slams the door HARD*

Phil Deakins wrote:

Trinity Yazimoto wrote:

Phil Deakins wrote:

WHAT? You know I only have eyes for you. You are my sunshine. Besides I didn't flirt with Maddy. I was in awe of her - because of her knowledge of physics. I could have done with her some years ago in the RA forum when I was in an argument for someone about what you can and cannot know about a particle. He claimed that there is only one pair of properties that you can't know the values of at the same time - velocity and location. I argued that there are other pairs like that, and I knew there were because I'd read them. My problem is that I like to read that stuff but I don't remember much of what I read so I couldn't state another pair. I've since re-read what I'd read and I have another pair ready for him (spin count and spin direction) if he ever argues it again. I don't even remember who it was so I can't bring it up in front of him. But I'm ready

Also, I didn't flirt with Ceka. And I only wanted a quick snog, disguised as the kiss of life, with Sephina. That doesn't count as flirting in my book. It only counts as a quick snog

your sunshine ??? and this is how you treat your sunshine ? BS ! i think night will fall on you sooner than what you think !!! ...

dont try to be a sweet candy now, bec you saw Czari is bringing a redhead help .... ! 

*Turns toward Czari and shout " See Czari !!! he seems to be scared now !"  

There wont be no more Trinity's melon for you, no more shoes licked... nothing, nada, peanuts, que dalle... 

And, im leaving you for Tex ! 

Phil Deakins wrote:

(Methinks I'd better scarper PDQ. so...)

Er... I'm off bowling. I'll miss you, but you know that anyway xxx

(they'll each think I'm talking only to them. Perfect
)

Omg!! one day it's golf..another day it's bowling?

we're gonna start thinking you're not holding up your end of the grid here pretty soon Mr Out of the house freedom man!!

Phil Deakins wrote:

)

Lol !

where are you going ??? no ! you cant leave like this !!! Come back !!! 

Oh Phil !!!! im so sorry... you know... my mediteranean temp..... well.... i still love you, you know... its ok... you can look at my melons again :smileywink:

Trinity Yazimoto wrote:

Phil Deakins wrote:

)

Lol !

where are you going ??? no ! you cant leave like this !!! Come back !!! 

Oh Phil !!!! im so sorry... you know... my mediteranean temp..... well.... 
i still love you, you know... its ok... you can look at my melons again :smileywink:

Redheads don't forgive so easily - and I am not joking. 

Trinity Yazimoto wrote:

i just have doubts.. but for you im pretty sure.. something happened between you and him... and the best evidence.. is that, after stealing Tex's keys, you didnt offered tthem to me ... no!!!! but to Phil !!!!  So i knew there was already smthing in my back....

I'm like a cat... or a Baptist. You can imagine what I'm doing behind your back, but you'll never catch me.

Aethelwine wrote:

Another view of the same breakfast table....

breakfast.jpg

Judging by the carved out portions in front of Phil and the focused stare, it doesn't look much like he was in the slightest bit shy about showing his appreciation for the melons at the time.

Well, thank you for your pic Aethe ! he didnt stop to complain because i had the biger pieces of watermelons and melons... but as your pic shows really well.. he wasnt looking at those ones....He was staring at my ....

i have also to mention the deep warm look that Maddy and Tex have for each one... obviously something happened at this table during this breakfast...:smileywink:

Trinity Yazimoto wrote:

Aethelwine wrote:

Another view of the same breakfast table....

breakfast.jpg

Judging by the carved out portions in front of Phil and the focused stare, it doesn't look much like he was in the slightest bit shy about showing his appreciation for the melons at the time.

Well, thank you for your pic Aethe ! he didnt stop to complain because i had the biger pieces of watermelons and melons... but as your pic shows really well.. he wasnt looking at those ones....He was staring at my ....

i have also to mention the deep warm look that Maddy and Tex have for each one... obviously something happened at this table during this breakfast...:smileywink:

Tex and I were engaged in a glaring context. He's pretty good at it!

... shivers.

The Martian waiting patiently back at the Castle observes the events at Breakfast from afar.

He marvels as he watches Phil stick not just one foot in his mouth but two and not knowing when to stop he swallows.

Watching Czari and Trinity stomping off The Martian thinks maybe now Czari will return to her Castle now.

Then a thought crosses his mind and he begins to panic.

What if Czari brings Trinity with her?

His panic grows even greater as he wonders, "Am I Martian enough to handle two women?"

Perrie Juran wrote:

The Martian waiting patiently back at the Castle observes the events at Breakfast from afar.

He marvels as he watches Phil stick not just one foot in his mouth but two and not knowing when to stop he swallows.

Watching Czari and Trinity stomping off The Martian thinks maybe now Czari will return to her Castle now.

His panic grows even greater as he wonders, "Am I Martian enough to handle two women?"

The martian forgot to finish his sentence btw ...

The correct one was :  "Am I Martian enough to handle two women and melons ?" :smileyvery-happy:

(i dont know the answer btw) :smileywink:

Trinity Yazimoto wrote:

Perrie Juran wrote:

The martian forgot to finish his sentence btw ...

The correct one was : 
 "Am I Martian enough to handle two women
and their melons 
?" :smileyvery-happy:

(i dont know the answer btw) :smileywink:

Possibly.  I might have to use both hands but it would still be one mouthful at a time.

Phil Deakins wrote:

Trinity Yazimoto wrote:

Phil Deakins wrote:

Ack! Save the awe for Nature, Phil!

You're right about the uncertainty. After Bohr worked up the quantum model of the atom and Heisenberg worked up his uncertainty principle (both of which peeved Planck greatly), experiments agreed with quantum theory... almost.

Using just the angular momentum (the momentum the electron in its orbit around the nucleus) of Bohr's theory, theorists predicted that electrons hopping from one quantum state to another would produce photons at certain wavelengths, showing as spectral lines experimentalists actually saw in glowing hydrogen gas (the simplest element).

Woo hoo!

But Michelson had already discovered that the red hydrogen line (H-alpha) was actually two lines very close together.

Dammit!

So, something was missing from Bohr's quantum theory. Somebody reasoned that the momentum of an electron wasn't all in  the way it orbited around the nucleus, but that the electron could also store energy in its own spinning. So, they added another parameter to the quantum model (spin) and, low and behold, the math predicted two spectral lines very close together. Like all the other quantum parameters, spin could take on only certain values. In this case, of the form n/2. Where n was any positive integer. Those two spectral lines correspond to spins of 1/2 and 3/2.

Who hoo two!

Heisenberg's uncertainty was extended to encompass spin as well. You can't know all three of the spin's components (X,Y,Z) at the same time. But if you have a bunch of electrons, and you coerce them all with a huge magnetic field to spin in the same direction (more or less), and then you remove the magnetic field, like so many gryoscopes set loose on a ballroom dance floor, they'll all start precessing. And because they're precessing together in synchrony, you can detect their aggregate magnetic field. This is how MRI works!

The brightest of the hydrogen emission lines is red, at 656.28nm. Hydrogen plasma also happens to be plentiful in the Sun's corona. I have a small solar telescope that sees only that wavelength of light. The blinding incandescent brightness of the solar disc (spectral lines for all the hot, heavy atoms produced in the star's core) is filtered out, leaving only the hydrogen plasma to be seen. As a result, I can see solar prominences without waiting for an eclipse.

So, I'm happy to share in your awe of Nature, but I'm umcomforable with the idea of inspiring awe myself.

That said, you ain't so bad yourself.

;-)

ETA: Fixed an error in the chronology by adding Michelson.

In fact, Michelson had parsed hydrogen's spectrum so well that he'd detected not only the split hydrogen alpha line (called hydogen's "fine" structure, but also some "hyperfine" detail that was explained by Quantum theory incorporating interactions between the electron's magnetic dipole (which arises from spin) and the magnetic field of the nucleus, which is a long ways away (in atomic terms).

It's pretty neat that a theory as absolutely bizarre as Quantum Mechanics has survived pretty much intact since its inception, despite massive improvements in our experimental abilities. It is the most tested, and most resilient, theory mankind has ever posited.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3880 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.