We're sorry, but something went wrong

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3955 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I don't know why we're still having this conversation...especially since this is the third one

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/General-Discussion-Forum/What-is-it-with-my-secondlife-com/m-p/2095481#M116693

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/Second-Life-Server/my-secondlife-com-is-down/m-p/2097463#M11253

We need to either deal with it or stop using it. LL should be aware (maybe) of the problem by now and will hopefully have it fixed.

Tex Monday wrote:

I don't know why we're still having this conversation...

Maybe because LL don't seem to want to either acknowledge the problems exist or to give any indication that work is being carried out diagnosing and rectifying the problems, much less offering an indication of when resolution might be expected, and how many months worth of displaynames are likely to be recycled while undoing what must be extensive corruption.

Tex Monday wrote:

I don't know why we're still having this conversation...especially since this is the third one

We need to either deal with it or stop using it.
LL should be aware (maybe) of the problem by now and will hopefully have it fixed.

Don't hold your breath on that one....this problem has been going on for months and months and months...only in the last few days, has it been extreme :(

Charly Muggins wrote:

Maybe because LL don't seem to want to either acknowledge the problems exist or to give any indication that work is being carried out diagnosing and rectifying the problems, much less offering an indication of when resolution might be expected, and how many months worth of displaynames are likely to be recycled while undoing what must be extensive corruption.

Forgive me for asking, but are you expecting some kind of transparency from LL? They don't have to tell us anything...whether they know the problem exists or if they even decide it's worth fixing. I apologize if it sounds like I'm attacking, but odds are we won't know if it's fixed until it's actually fixed.

I do wonder if it's worth putting in a JIRA (I think that's the right thing, I've never bothered before). Those are usually for problems with the server or the viewers, right? Maybe it could work for the website..just a thought.

Every time I get that message I just refresh the page and it's fine. Annoying, yes, but not so much that it really interferes with anything. That message has been popping up on and off since mysecondlife was created. I think some people just didn't, or don't, get it as much as others.

I don't get it very often, either. Maybe once a month, if even.

Melita Magic wrote:

I keep getting a 'certificate not valid' error message and it names an ad site as the culprit.

What does that mean?

Is it anything like what was happening in this thread ?

Do you use IE as your viewer?  Do you see the ads on the SL website?  If so, I highly recommend AdBlock+.

(Sorry for all the questions; didn't mean it as an interrogation - just trying to troubleshoot. :) )

I use IE as my viewer and I get the certificate warnings, usually though where the ads are located on the page they are blocked and the error page cannot be found shows. I don't use ad blocker my antivirus is blocking them as some of them are known spam sites and are associated with google ad click garbage :)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3955 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.