what does you are in a limbo mean??

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4002 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Butterpecanxx wrote:

what does  you are in a limbo mean??

a lady said ive been you were either bitten or clawe

how do i get rid of it 

It means either:

A.  You love Chubby Checkers

or

B.  You accepted a bite request from some a**hole playing Bloodlines.

To get rid of wear this:

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/The-Garlic-Necklace-Bloodlines-Bite-requests-Spam-Protection/912384

It will also tell other Spampires to bugger off.

Syo Emerald wrote:

Summer is right....Sonja its just too obvious since your post about that you joined the bloondlines "roleplay". Bloodlines is an ugly snowball-system trying to get money out of peoples pockets. At its best its a game.

Agreed...and most bloodline players don't even rp vampires well.  I recall a regular forum poster back in the day whose online identity was a vampire.  She detested bloodlines for the reason I just stated - gives vampires a bad name...lol.

Czari Zenovka wrote:

Syo Emerald wrote:

Summer is right....Sonja its just too obvious since your post about that you joined the bloondlines "roleplay". Bloodlines is an ugly snowball-system trying to get money out of peoples pockets. At its best its a game.

Agreed...and most bloodline players don't even rp vampires well.  I recall a regular forum poster back in the day whose online identity was a vampire.  She detested bloodlines for the reason I just stated - gives vampires a bad name...lol.

A couple of days ago, in another SL forum, someone was seeking for vampire roleplay and was demotivated how most bloodline clans aren't about being a close vampire family or rp at all.

+ Bloodlines attracts some very unfriendly folk. Two weeks ago I was standing on a sandbox, minding my own business when I got spammed with bite requests from someone. After I and, I assume, others told her to stop and how silly that behavior is, she started to grief everybody on the sandbox.

Lol...there is no reason to get him into my clan.Why???

And a lot of my friends souls are in limbo and I do not force them in any way to join bloodlines.

This is ridicolous...but you all are free to think what you want.

I decided to be a vampire cause I want it...it is fun and I get blood in this roleplay on my own...no need of a blood doll or something like that.

It is sad that people have a bad opinion about all vampires only cause some clans are only trying to get as many souls or members into their family.

Sonja Smedley wrote:

It is sad that people have a bad opinion about all vampires only cause some clans are only trying to get as many souls or members into their family.

Well maybe you could have improved our opinion by having posted the answer here.

Sometimes Vampires are there own worst enemies.

But as I recall Vampire RP, part of it is the fact that Humans hate them. 

So your answer is really in Character.

Bloodlines, IMO, is similar to GOR in the fact that they have gained very bad reputations from people outside the groups and there aren't many people (if any at all) who are working to remove that image.

Residents hear "Bloodlines" and think..Ooo, Vampires, biting, blood...I'm not doing that

Residents hear "GOR" and think ...Oooo, Slavery of women, complete loss of freedom..I'm not doing that.

(ETA: not stating whether either one is right..just stating an opinion)

there are people who play in GOR (and one who posts here quite regularly) who quickly jump in to fix the image that people see..but we never see that with Bloodlines. And I think that's why we (the outsiders) pounce when help was offered inworld rather than through the forums.

Would be nice if someone defend Bloodlines...I'd be curious on what it's all about..not that I'd ever join, of course...

I don't know if that makes sense and I'm going WAY off track here. But it was just an observation.

Tex Monday wrote:

Would be nice if someone defend Bloodlines...I'd be curious on what it's all about..not that I'd ever join, of course...

Like any RP, there really is no 'defense' for it, only an explanation that a person can accept or reject.  If there are misconceptions, those can be clarified, but that is about it.

Bloodlines does exactly what the founder/creator of Bloodlines said.  I am summarizing it into one word, he said it was designed to be a 'scourge' in SL.  (That may have been the word he used, I forget now but don't have the umption to look it up.)  The other thing it did/does is made/make him a ton of money.

If people want to RP being a Bloodlines Vamp, it is after all "Their World, Their Imagination."

In "My World, My Imagination," I am going to dislike the scourge on Second Life that Bloodlines is.

If Sonja can't handle that people dislike Bloodlines perhaps she should find another RP.  The dislike of Bloodlines comes with the territory.  She may individually be a nice person, but she has alligned herself with a scourge.  Nothing she can do is going to change what Bloodlines is.

Perrie Juran wrote:

Like any RP, there really is no 'defense' for it, only an explanation that a person can accept or reject.  If there are misconceptions, those can be clarified, but that is about it.

Bloodlines does exactly what the founder/creator of Bloodlines said.  I am summarizing it into one word, he said it was designed to be a 'scourge' in SL.  (That may have been the word he used, I forget now but don't have the umption to look it up.)  The other thing it did/does is made/make him a ton of money.

If people want to RP being a Bloodlines Vamp, it is after all "Their World, Their Imagination."

In "My World, My Imagination," I am going to dislike the scourge on Second Life that Bloodlines is.

If Sonja can't handle that people dislike Bloodlines perhaps she should find another RP.  The dislike of Bloodlines comes with the territory.  She may individually be a nice person, but she has alligned herself with a scourge.  Nothing she can do is going to change what Bloodlines is.

thank you....Misconceptions and clarifications is what I meant.

This was just an observation...I didn't mean that someone who plays bloodlines should come in and blast all of us for thinking it's a horrible game or a "scourge". What I meant was, when someone puts down GOR or says what a horrible place it is...there is usually someone who pops up and defends it. I have never seen that for Bloodlines...maybe I shouldn't, I don't know. As I said, it was just an observation....

Syo Emerald wrote:

Czari Zenovka wrote:

Syo Emerald wrote:

A couple of days ago, in another SL forum, someone was seeking for vampire roleplay and was demotivated how most bloodline clans aren't about being a close vampire family or rp at all.

+ Bloodlines attracts some very unfriendly folk. Two weeks ago I was standing on a sandbox, minding my own business when I got spammed with bite requests from someone. After I and, I assume, others told her to stop and how silly that behavior is, she started to grief everybody on the sandbox.

My SL brother was involved with bloodlines for about a year, if not a bit longer. He finally quit when he realized it was mainly a mulit-level marketing scheme - it got too expensive for him to keep buying blood and he wasn't the type who would ask people he didn't know to "bite" them.

Tex Monday wrote:

Perrie Juran wrote:

thank you....Misconceptions and clarifications is what I meant.

This was just an observation...I didn't mean that someone who plays bloodlines should come in and blast all of us for thinking it's a horrible game or a "scourge". What I meant was, when someone puts down GOR or says what a horrible place it is...there is usually someone who pops up and defends it. I have never seen that for Bloodlines...maybe I shouldn't, I don't know. As I said, it was just an observation....

One huge difference between bloodlines and Gor is that I have yet to see Goreans hanging out in newbie areas trying to force-collar slaves.  The Goreans I know stay within their own or other Gorean sims.

I can only speak for myself and I do not hang around at other sims and try to get people to join bloodlines.I would not even have time for that.I have many things to do like my amaretto horses...kittycats..then I do other roleplays as well and next to that I create clothes or shoes sometimes.I am quite busy with all my stuff and the vampire roleplay is only one facette of me in this game and I enjoy it with my king.And i have no problem with the bad reputation of bloodlines.It is not the first time I have joined it.Actually the third time now.I also made my bad experiences with bloodlines and that's why I would never ever force someone to join.People can decide what they want like me.I have also worn the garlic necklace and was removed from the database but I wanted to come back...cause I met a very nice man who shares this roleplay now with me.So...people can judge me cause I am a bloodlines vampire..but I don't really care cause I know I am not that bad person people here maybe think I am...

I don't recall posting anything re: "judging" you, Sonja.  My first post on this thread was agreeing with this part of Syo's post:

Bloodlines is an ugly snowball-system trying to get money out of peoples pockets. At its best its a game.

My response was:

My other comments re: bloodlines on this post refers to bloodlines as a whole.  You might have missed my post where I mentioned my SL brother being formerly involved in bloodlines.  I told him what I thought about bloodlines as well...lol...but he and I are great friends and I wasn't judging him anymore than I'm judging you.

Bloodlines has a bad reputation in SL.  I have the same right to detest the "game" as you have of participating.  Fair enough? :matte-motes-wink:

Sonja Smedley wrote:

I can only speak for myself and I do not hang around at other sims and try to get people to join bloodlines.I would not even have time for that.I have many things to do like my amaretto horses...kittycats..then I do other roleplays as well and next to that I create clothes or shoes sometimes.I am quite busy with all my stuff and the vampire roleplay is only one facette of me in this game and I enjoy it with my king.And i have no problem with the bad reputation of bloodlines.It is not the first time I have joined it.Actually the third time now.I also made my bad experiences with bloodlines and that's why I would never ever force someone to join.People can decide what they want like me.I have also worn the garlic necklace and was removed from the database but I wanted to come back...cause I met a very nice man who shares this roleplay now with me.So...people can judge me cause I am a bloodlines vampire..but I don't really care cause I know I am not that bad person people here maybe think I am...

That still does not negate the fact that you have chosen to join and align yourself with Bloodlines and contribute financially to the continuance of this scourge in SL.  You do need to get blood from somewhere, do you not?

If you want to be a Bloodlines Vamp that is your choice, it is still "Your World, Your Imagination."  But your being a 'nice person' does not change what Bloodlines is.

And to clarify, wearing the Garlic does not remove you from their data base.  It just moves you to a list in their Data Base that says you are off limits to Bite Requests.  It still would not surprise me if the Founder of Bloodlines does not gloat every time someone wears the Garlic.  It is proof that his scourge has annoyed another person.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4002 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.