TOS Change needs to be educated.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3940 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

As I have heard in the update, concerning that one can only buy directly from LL now, SL has irredeemably made me feel like they made like "musician" and "magician", and mistaking a sea urchin the size of three Jupiters for a saposatory! Why do I feel this way? Simple: Because I don't HAVE PayPal, I won't have any means to obtain any. Further more, I am a SL Resident, who in Real Life, is not allowed PayPal, the reason being that it is a restriction that has to do with Disability Benefits.

This change in the TOS is, in essence, discriminatory toward Residents like me with Disabilities such as, but not limited to the following: Autism*, Cerebral Palsey, etc.

*I state my point as a SL Resident who has High-Functioning Autism.

5/11... Never forget...

The changes to the Terms of Service - or indeed the criteria required to use PayPal - are not meant to be discriminatory towards anyone.  For sure there are plenty of people who are on Disability benefits who use PayPal (my brother for one) - but we are here in the UK, and your country may have different rules.

What is a saposatory - a suppository?

If you state the country you are in, maybe there will be another resident who will read your post on these forums, and advise you how to get around these new Terms of Service.

Linden Lab have had to minimise the risk of money laundering by disallowing use of third party Linden dollar exchanges. It is nothing personal or discriminatory towards any person or persons.

I've never heard of a disability benefit rule prohibiting the use of PayPal either but as Marigold said, we don't know what country you're in and what rules you have to adhere to. Anyway, there would be little point in opening a PayPal account on its own as primary funding source as it has to be verified via a bank account and backed up by a credit card so would be easier to forget PayPal and just apply for a credit card or other accepted payment method as shown here if you don't already have one http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Billing/ta-p/700037 . If you are not allowed or eligible for one of those cards, it's not possible to use the Lindex to buy Lindens.

From this post and the answer this forumer got from LL : http://community.secondlife.com/t5/Merchants/LindeX-Service-Must-Increase/m-p/2003699#M34628, i think we may hope that LL is working on evolving Lindex. 

"they said that this was already escalated and they are keen to evolve their service"

Of course when they are working on something, we have reasons to be afraid lol but well, it would be wise for them to, indeed, bring some improvements for not loosing customers.... I dont think their goal is to reduce their income... The 30 days period is maybe the time they need for changing their Lindex.

sapos.jpg

squashy Beeswing wrote:

Marigold Devin wrote:

What is a saposatory - a suppository?

LOL.  A jellyfish suppository.  The mind boggles.  Still, i suppose it would slip into place quite easily  *coughs*

google is your friend   :D

I should probably clarify that I am a U.S. Citizen. I was also born in the United States of America.

A suppository is a type of medicinal pill you insert through the rear end, as opposed to the mouth. yes... really...

Also, The disability benefits that I have, V.E.S.I.D., Prohibits me from having ANYTHING to do with banking, lest my benefits be voided permanently.

I hope this makes things more vivid.

That's a very weird rule. When I worked as a program manager for people with disabilities in NYS, I hooked clients up with VESID all the time, and they all had bank accounts, savings and checking, since vocational and rehab services for individuals with disabilities is all about attaining skills for being independent and employable. There is something very messed up with that rule. I've been away from that job a few years, things must have really changed!

Khalhys Ahren wrote:

I should probably clarify that I am a U.S. Citizen. I was also born in the United States of America.

A suppository is a type of medicinal pill you insert through the rear end, as opposed to the mouth. yes... really...

Also, The disability benefits that I have, V.E.S.I.D., Prohibits me from having ANYTHING to do with banking, lest my benefits be voided permanently.

ok I'm confused here.

if you are prohibited from anything to do with banking, what alternative do you sugest for buying L$, debet cards even anonimous ones are banking as wel, the only way for you to handle money without something to do with banking is cash and I highly doubt you will be able to send cash to LL to put in your usd account... what in itself is banking too.

Abigail Merlin wrote:

Khalhys Ahren wrote:

ok I'm confused here.

if you are prohibited from anything to do with banking, what alternative do you sugest for buying L$, debet cards even anonimous ones are banking as wel, the only way for you to handle money without something to do with banking is cash and I highly doubt you will be able to send cash to LL to put in your usd account... what in itself is banking too.

what about being allowed to use prepaid card ?

jwenting wrote:

Trinity Yazimoto wrote:

what about being allowed to use prepaid card ?

given the impossibility to trace those, they're the main reason the TPEs had to stop operating in the first place...

afaik, prepaid cards are card where the money is already in and cant make debt... 

Kamimatsu wrote:

Do they allow buying it from another resident with cash? I know the OP in real life so that would solve his problem.

of course...

you can give him l$... what you do in rl for the rl cash is not sl business... all they will know is that you send to him money.. it could be bec of tons of reasons.. (it can be a purchase for something he did, he can be for work he did for you etc...) Sl wont want to know why you give him money. As long as you purchase legally your l$ you can give them to everyone you want... then what you do in RL for your refund is not SL business... 

and the OP is lucky to have you as friend. :smileyhappy: 

so do not worry... you can do it. :smileywink:

ETA : you can do it as long you do do this as a business of course 

• 1 month later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3940 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.