Someone stole grass from mainland..

Six Igaly

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4025 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Czari, I prefer the Segal/Fonda version too. Or at least I expect I do—I've never seen the remake ;-). Since Kenbro has decided the derail is on, I looked for MY favorite scene and found it on the trailer. It's practically the last clip but I'm pleased to see it's exactly as I remembered it. He even says, "That bad, huh?" just as I recalled.

I've not seen original, didn't particularly overly like remake, though I believe I read a book with that title. *nods* I mean, DIck and Jane was in the title somewhere. May have had "Fun".

See Dick run. See Jane run. See Dick be made head of corporation right when it is about to fail. See Dick be blamed for everything. See Dick and Jane be poor. See Dick and Jane rob stuff.

It was a thrilling page turning children's book. *nods*

Lexxi Gynoid wrote:

I've not seen original, didn't particularly overly like remake, though I believe I read a book with that title. *nods* I mean, DIck and Jane was in the title somewhere. May have had "Fun".

See Dick run. See Jane run. See Dick be made head of corporation right when it is about to fail. See Dick be blamed for everything. See Dick and Jane be poor. See Dick and Jane rob stuff.

It was a thrilling page turning children's book. *nods*

The Dick & Jane books were used in beginning reading classes when I was in grade school (back when dinosaurs roamed the earth) so I remember them fondly.  It was indeed the "theme" for this movie:

Loved seeing that Dillon!  Now I want to rent it again - or just buy a Roku which I've been meaning to do. 

Most modern remakes I've seen are never as good as the original, imo.  Another one where the original was better was "The Inlaws" (1977) with Peter Falk and Alan Arkin.  They played those parts amazingly.  The first time I saw that movie I think I laughed during the majority of it.  After that movie it was hard to think of Alan Arkin as the bad guy in "Wait Until Dark" with Audrey Hepburn.

Back to "Dick & Jane" - gosh, sooo many funny scenes from that.  Here's one of mine - the opera scene where Dick gets busted by the unemployment clerk.  I have no idea why this clip is in black and white.  We *did* have color movies "back then" :matte-motes-silly:

Oh wow, I didn't read far enough. "Wait Until Dark?". I saw that at a walk-in.

For you young-uns, a 'walk-in' was the term used for a theater where you walked up, bought a ticket, and went inside a building to watch the movie. We usually went to drive-ins, where you drove your car into a big parking lot with a humungous screen, unhooked a speaker from the pole next to your parking place, and watched the movie from your car. I think there might be three or four left in California. But I digress.

I was with several people, including a very good (and evil) friend and his girlfriend. Right at the moment Arkin shoots his arm out and grabs Audrey Hepburn by the ankle, my evil friend grabbed his girlfriend's thigh (he'd already seen the movie—he was that evil). She let out a scream that probably stopped traffic on the street outside.

Dillon Levenque wrote:

Serpentine, Czari. Serpentine!

ROFL, Dillon!  I was actually thinking of that when I was typing the post.  My former husband and I used to say that to each other after seeing the movie. 

How about the giant Tsetse flies protected under the Guacamole act of 1917:

Perrie Juran wrote:

Czari Zenovka wrote:

Deltango Vale wrote:

"500 quid today, taking into account inflation, is a lot less than it was in 1981, but I doubt anyone is paying 500 quid for a microwave oven, you can get them for 20 quid, a 500 quid microwave oven would look extremely overpriced in today's market."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Exactly. $200 per month for a mainland sim ($300 per month for an estate sim) is extremely overpriced in today's market. No wonder Linden Lab is selling fewer "microwaves at 500 quid" in 2013 than it did in 2006. Linden Lab needs to lower the price to increase sales (and increase total revenue).

I've always wondered about this - re: owning an entire mainland sim, is there any other way to do that besides just buying up parcels as they become available? 

I actually owned a microwave that cost $500.00 USD back in the day.  It was a gift from my grandmother and microwaves were a relatively new phenomena. 

They are very rare but occasionally I have seen them for sale.

Very interesting; thank you, Perrie. :)  Do you see them for sale on the auction page or land sales, etc.? (Not that I can afford one...lol.)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4025 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.