ATACKED FOR ALMOST A HALF YEAR NOW

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4050 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I´m her from 2006 now and I own a cupple of good known stores and some other places here in SL

One of my stores get attacked by a guy I never know , never see and never talked  in my life. He buy a little parcel next to one of my stores. It is full of spamming objects. In the air  there  are  sometimes 30 bots  to  make  the  sim full, so  nobody  can  access the  land  enymore.  In  frond  of  my  door  are  now  **bleep** spraying cocks  all  over. It  goes  all true  my  store. Before there  was  big diarrhea all  over  my store  and  disgusting noises. really ugly .  I  report  this  guy  inworld almost  every day. I send  support tickets,  I was talking many times  in  the  life chat. No luck at all.

The life chat are for me just human chat bots. The do nothing else  as past and copy text  in  the  chat and  the  can  do  nothing. Every person I talked to used the same words and phrases. REALY  FUNNY

Most support tickets  stay "Status new". Nobody read  them. The inworld report  jump maybe  in a big trash can I think.

I´m not a person who run away because of some bad and dump guys having fun destroying other peoples business for fun,  but I really go tired  of  it.

WHY LINDEN DO NOTHING AGAINS THIS PEOPLES? This guy is here from 2009 and  is  known  and  reported  by  other  peoples  on  this  sim  to  100  times.

I´m, and many people  of  you, we design and build  things  here  and  keep  SL running. WE ARE SL!

And btw, the support  is  the  worst  I ever ever see!

Sorry  about my English but when  I´m mad  I  lose  a little.

IM A REALY FRIENDLY PERSON BUT NOW IM AT WAR !!!!!

dont know what happened there, i tried to reply and it too k me straight back to your message with my empty reply. I kmow you must be frustrated, you could always threaten to take you business to another platform like inworldz, they could delete the guy, but he will just open another account, and they could ban him by his email account but that can be masked, and they could ban him by his IP address but that can be masked too. perhaps LL doesnt think he is doing much wrong. he hasn't said anything to you to break TOS has he? I know since the staff cutbacks, supports is not what it used to be........maybe we should all go to inworldz or Oz.....land is free there and its identical to SL....good luck with you problem, but one thing i have learned is, usually griefers attack you coz you pissed them off somehow, if you know his name you can ban him from the land...if you own it

Thank You  for  your  replay!

I  know  about  Inworldz  I  was take a look already. But Im not the person who give up so fast and run away.

I have more stores but  it is just  frustrating how Linden let  his  customers alone. The spamming objects  goes all  over  the  sim  and  the  cocks  spray  his  **bleep**  over  the  parcel borders. Mabye  I  build  something  nasty  to  on  my  land  just  for  fun  :-)

But  the  point  is  that  Linden  don't  care  about  his  customers. That's  what  make  me  more  mad  as  this  guy who  do  this  to  me.

Unfortunately this is a big drawback of having a business on the mainland. In addition to support tickets, file AR"s each time he does something.  You may get a faster response. 

I assume you have taken what steps you can including banning this guy from your land.  I also hope  you have set your land for autoreturn.  Of course there is nothing you can do but file an AR if he is crowding the sim with bots to prevent people from coming to the sim.

I'd move to a private estate with a good reputation and 24/7 service.  They don't put up with this kind of thing and are in a position to evict, eject, and ban the offender and his bots.  Even if he creates alts and buys land on the estate, he wont last beyond his first time doing this.

Write it all in a notecard and send it to Rod Humble - the CEO. Tell him that you are paying LL for the land but you are not getting full use of it because the neighbour prevents it. Tell him that you ARed many times, etc. but the LL staff do nothing about it. Ask him to tell you whether or not LL wants you as a paying customer because if they do, you need to be able to have what you are paying for, and you're not getting it. Stuff like that.

I tracked this down to the Ciamau region of Zindra, and it's a classic case of particle encroachment. In my experience, for years, LL has done nothing about particle encroachment on Mainland.

It's a real problem.

As far as I can tell, the residence team (or whatever they're currently calling "governance") files these ARs to /dev/null. And the Land team is probably forbidden to address governance issues, so support tickets don't work either.

So, what happens?  Our tier has to be spent on addressing this simple social issue with technical means, diverting developer effort from fixing bugs or adding real features.  There are a couple of recent relevant jiras. (Yes, I'm still in the secret society of folks allowed to see some jiras. They haven't kicked me out yet.) I realize folks won't be able to see these, but just for the record:

These jiras are both closed, but I honestly don't know what that means anymore. There's no comment one way or another whether this is in the development queue, but I don't know if I should expect to be able to see such a linkage if it exists. I do know that Sylvie Etoile, author of BUG-2012, has been raising this issue at recent Server user group meetings, so maybe it's getting attention. It did seem to interest the developers at those meetings, but it would be kind of a big deal. As Maestro notes in one of the jiras, it would be roughly analogous to the parcel privacy setting "Avatars on other parcels can see and chat with avatars on this parcel" because particles are viewer-side effects... meaning that changes would be needed to both the sim (to record the parcel setting) and viewer (to give it effect).

[ETA: I don't have anything useful to add about the bots. The sim was completely empty when I visited.]

it strikes me as odd that someone with a "kinky" shop in Zindra would complain about someone elses "hobby". But anyway, a solution would be to move your shop up 500m or more, update your landmarks, and place a teleporter where your old landmark goes to. Lots of people have their shops up in the air for that reason. It reduces lag as well.

Thx for all the response!

To Qie Niangao : The sim was empty because of a sim restart yesterday, but im sure the bots are back soon when this guy wake  up. :-)

Moving the store up in the air is a good idea to but he  just  move  his spraying cocks  up  to (or what ever comes next from  him)

And moving  to a  different Sim is  not  a  option  for  me. I don't die  because  of losing one of my stores, but  if we  all  just  run away  because  of bad brainless  peoples like  this,  it  will  never  end. I can build  some  nasty  stuff  on  this  land  to  and  remove  my  store  and  we  will  see  who  stays  longer. This guy did buy  the  parcel  just  for  this  reason (pretty sick) and  I  just  pay  a  little  rent  for  this  tiny parcel.

But the biggest  point off all  is  the incompetent so called SUPPORT who  almost  never  help  and  do  nothing  about  peoples  like  this. I  cancel my  premium  membership again  because  there  is  absolute  no  need to  be  a  premium.

As you have been in SL for so long, it must come as no real surprise to you that the LL support is simply dreadful.    

That said, you are wise to abandon premium membership, as it is simply not worth the money for a company with such poor appreciation of their customers, and especially people like yourself with a business in SL.

I know about the bad customer support. I quit my premium membership already at 2007. I get my premium back just now for this case to use the live chat and get maybe a little help. But all what I see is much more worst and incompetent as back in the year before 2007. There is no support at all anymore. The life chat is a big facke "human chat bots who copy and past friendly text in  the chat" to make you feel good. All  the  other support  don't exist anymore.

Hey! And the most funny part, yesterday I get a mail to fill out a customer feedback. The really ask me Im happy with the support.

This all is a big big joke  :-)))

And the most funny part, yesterday I get a mail to fill out a customer feedback. The really ask me Im happy with the support.

You know, if you look at the subject line of that email, in square brackets at the start is the case number they're asking about. If you go into your support history you should be able to find the specific case for which they're surveying feedback. This may be worth doing because I've only ever gotten that survey when they've closed-out a support case, so maybe there's something interesting (or perversely amusing) in the comment they left on the case when they closed it.

I got a simular problem with a very persistent griefer. I had the illusion owning a popular location, mentioned in the destination guide could make a difference. It didn't.

On all attemts to get LL do something about him I got either no reply or an insane one.

During the years I learned that AR's are pretty useless. Filing AR's seems to be only having some chance of LL doing something with it if it happens massivly. Having a lot of people complaining in a short time frame, about the same issue. If you could organize that you might have a chance. With my griefer I noticed also that did have no effect.

The best suggestion I could make for you: Leave mainland. On the estates you would at least have a landlord. None of the landlords I ever worked with would allow your neighbour to stay. They also do better work in monitoring the sim, keeping lag low and keeping the neighbourhood in good standing. There are plenty of estates also offering adult rated land at pretty sharp prices.

Oh, dear. You do realise you are making it very, very difficult for the LL shills and apologists with such a damming post?

The majority of us, who spend more time inworld ( as opposed to being a forum personality with thousands of inane posts) know the whole sh-bang is nosediving.

What does out invisible, hapless CEO do?

Um, nothing.  Least, nothing to do with customer service. Hapless Rod (maybes he was in the same band as Wreckless Eric all those years ago? :o) ) must be doing something to justify his wage....shurely?  Lol.

Take the money and Rod, I mean Run.

Neah, didn't realize that. I might be fully wrong but I am estimating the impact of what we are posting here as rather limited.

If it helped a bit to let Candy know she is not the only one suffering and that at the estates (almost all) landowners do provide customer service and take care for the land, I am already pretty satisfied.

I

I really was dreaming!

I really did believe the bots was  gone  after  all  the  reports lol. But the halve are back already. But even if the are gone  there  is  still  the spamming and **bleep** spraying cocks at my door.

Oh and I include on all my reports now a link to this forum tread so maybe one of  this  people like to take a look. I´m sure  the must be bored there every day.

I´m not sure who I hate more. The guy? Be a idiot and dump is not illegal. The support? I think I know.

SHAME ON YOU, SUPPORT !!!

Happy Eastern to all of you !!    . . . Candy at WAR!

I'm sorry you've had such trouble, but you know...you really should not have put up with it for so long.

Several people have already suggested you MOVE YOUR STORE to a well run private estate.  Don't think of it as "letting the b*st*d run you off", think of it as a sound, rational business decision.  It will solve the problem.  If the person tries to follow you and continue his harrassment, the estate management will take care of it...unlike Linden Lab.

Although, I have been on the Mainland for well over four years now, and I've had very few problems (knock on wood!), and when I have, LL has dealt with them in a pretty timely fashion.  You've just been unfortunate in your neighbors.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4050 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.