The Picture Thread

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3347 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

valerie Inshan wrote:

Thank you so very much Lady! As I already said on Flickr, compliments coming from such a brilliant photographer as you are so precious and meaningful to me! I just love checking out every new picture you upload to your Flickr account, they never fail to be a ravishment and a source of insipiration! :smileyhappy:

Thank you Valerie, sends along a huge hug .... you are a great photographer :matte-motes-bashful-cute:

Coby Foden wrote:

LadyFandango wrote:

These are amazing, the Fantasy Faire is a great event
:)

Thank you Lady.  :matte-motes-smile:

I looked at your photo's in flickr.  Lovely!  :smileyhappy:

Thank you Coby, you're shots fromt he Fantasy Faire are really great :smileyhappy:

LadyFandango wrote:

valerie Inshan wrote:

Thank you so very much Lady! As I already said on Flickr, compliments coming from such a brilliant photographer as you are so precious and meaningful to me! I just love checking out every new picture you upload to your Flickr account, they never fail to be a ravishment and a source of insipiration! :smileyhappy:

Thank you Valerie, sends along a huge hug .... you are a great photographer :matte-motes-bashful-cute:

Aww thank you Lady! My Mac does not have a higher range graphics card, but the quadcore helps a lot. I try as much as possible to keep my pics unedited in Photoshop, but I can't resist sometimes. I'm a sucker for PS! Actually, I am even paid for that in RL, graphic design is my job! :D

But here's one from my garden (no edit): watching the Meeroos from afar... :P

garden.jpg

• Like 2

valerie Inshan wrote:

LadyFandango wrote:

valerie Inshan wrote:

Aww thank you Lady! My Mac does not have a higher range graphics card, but the quadcore helps a lot. I try as much as possible to keep my pics unedited in Photoshop, but I can't resist sometimes. I'm a sucker for PS! Actually, I am even paid for that in RL, graphic design is my job!
:D

But here's one from my garden (no edit): watching the Meeroos from afar...
:P

garden.jpg

Fantastic Val!  Woot!

Peace!

lol Val, i do edit a lot of my pics... a snapshot is not mine but just smth made by the camera inworld.. and as you said it depend the graph card and comp you have... 

when i edit in pshop, its MY job then... The pic become MY creation... of course i use a technical tool for doing it (the software itself, the comp aswell) but painters, use paints and paintbrush aswell.... if you have zero knowledge about the software you are using, about your comp, and if you have zero skills.. you wont do anything... 

So i do consider that digital photographies or digigital paints have the same credits than the traditional ones... 

i feel zero shame when i edit a pic, on the contrary... i feel i do something more than having enough money to buy a great comp with a great graph card, and more than pressing the camera button inworld... 

of course, as i did studies about art and cinema, im not the one who will deny the skills for angles of view and composition of the pic itself, indeed.. but SL snapshots are already not real photographies, they use a comp too.. and really again... if i can give an enhancement to my snapshots and lower some of my graph card limits, im glad to do it without any shame.

arrff i realise my post before may look like too much passionate and can make pp get me wrong.

i have nothing against beautifull non edited snapshot lol.. and of course a snapshot can be awesome at the first shoot... bec as i said, the person who made it have great skills for view angles and composition of the image and on top a great graph card.... 

but well, i just wanted to mean that this is not my case.. even if ive studied cinema at university, the technic part of the studies wasnt my favorite one and i prefered the part about theory, history and analysis..

on top, my comp, even if its not bad remain being a laptop with a not great graph card and this limit me too... so i prefer to edit my pics and make them better...on top, i really enjoy doing it.. so well its fun for me...

but for me there s not competition between both kind for photos, just like in real photography, when they are edited, or not... If a photography tells me a story, if it gives me sensations, feelings.. then for me its a great one....no matter how it had been made, or who made it....

ive seen awesome screenshots not edited and bad photoshoped one... and vice versa... 

you can add here, than on top its pure subjectivity... what i may like is not forcely what you may like and vice versa...art is subjective anyway... creation aswell... nothing wrong with this ...

Sorry if my post before  looks too much passionated, lol, i was about to leave my rl work and was so, in rush.. and well... i have a mediteranean temp.. this doesnt help lol..

And now, something Egyptian @ http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Deborah/181/255/30

This is at the northern edge of Deborah region looking towards Miso region.
The guards were not chatty guys.  Maybe they were prohibited to talk while at guard? :smileytongue:

Deborah-1.jpg

There are four connected Egyptian themed regions:

Alexandria Harbour
Miso
Ancient Alexandria
Deborah
Alexandria Desert
Manta Caye

Pretty interesting regions filled with excellent designs.

ETA
Main landing point is http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Ancient%20Alexandria/236/226/23

There are some free Egyptian themed outfits available there.  It's recommended to wear Egyptian themed outfit when visiting those regions.

2nd ETA
/me counts again: one, two, three, four, five, six.  Yes, six connected regions. :smileyvery-happy:

• Like 2

Coby Foden wrote:

And now, something Egyptian @

This is at the northern edge of Deborah region looking towards Miso region.

The guards were not chatty guys.  Maybe they were prohibited to talk while at guard? :smileytongue:

Deborah-1.jpg

There are four connected Egyptian themed regions:

Alexandria Harbour

Miso

Ancient Alexandria

Deborah

Alexandria Desert

Manta Caye

Pretty interesting regions filled with excellent designs.

ETA

Main landing point is

There are some free Egyptian themed outfits available there.  It's recommended to wear Egyptian themed outfit when visiting those regions.

Oh that is so good!

Peace!

Hippie Bowman wrote:

Coby Foden wrote:

There are
four
connected Egyptian themed regions:

Alexandria Harbour

Miso

Ancient Alexandria

Deborah

Alexandria Desert

Manta Caye

Oh that is so good!

Peace!

Thanks Hippie.  :matte-motes-smile:

Psst... I used my fingers to count again; there are SIX connected regions, not four.  :smileytongue:

valerie Inshan wrote:

Back to the Studio Skye this morning... I fell in love for these cliffs and wrecked boat! Too bad I dont have a homestead anymore: I'd go crazy landscapint like this!

skye.jpg

skye2.jpg

So pretty!  Yes Val.  If you still had your homestead.  Well I like your parcel too!

Peace!

Before going outside with friends this evening, ive finished to edit (:smileytongue:) those 2 pics i took this week while i was dealing with some problems with my new Firestorm lol..

The place looks really nice, but i havent already visited entirely...

Folkvang-1_001.jpg

Folkvang-2_001.jpg

The place is called Folkvang.

And to keep in Nordic theme, here is a link for a group ive seen yesterday evening in RL. A quartet that plays with some old intruments among other not old. They play traditional folkloric music from scandinavia mixed with unwritten music. 

I didnt know them before yesterday.. but what a good surprise then.. These 4 musicians are really talented and their music is awesome and so so peaceful... well im in love then.. 

So here is the link, i thought the music will perfectly match with the pics..http://fr.myspace.com/gladja_quatuor

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3347 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.