Anyone Know where I can find basic slips?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4079 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have never seen a slip in SL in the entire time I've been here.  I don't see any point in them myself. I have seen a few petticoats to wear with historic attire, or on their own but that's all.

If you really want one you can make one yourself or hire someone to do it,.  It wouldn't be that hard.  However i think you are going to find that they would stick out of any skirt you wear over them.

Amethyst Jetaime wrote:

I have never seen a slip in SL in the entire time I've been here.  I don't see any point in them myself. I have seen a few petticoats to wear with historic attire, or on their own but that's all.

If you really want one you can make one yourself or hire someone to do it,.  It wouldn't be that hard.  However i think you are going to find that they would stick out of any skirt you wear over them.

Same here Amethyst. Does anyone even wear slips in RL anymore??? I did when I was a little girl but haven't in years and years and years...hmmm....lol. You get the idea. :-)

Heart Brimmer wrote:

Amethyst Jetaime wrote:

Same here Amethyst. Does anyone even wear slips in RL anymore??? I did when I was a little girl but haven't in years and years and years...hmmm....lol. You get the idea. :-)

Well obviously if they are selling them at Sears, someone must be wearing them.

half slips! There quite few rertro lingerie places around.  Try searching 1930s and 50s places. If you ask at your favourite vintage store they might decide to start making them. Certainly they are a very practical garment when skirts are not self lined..

edit to say: yes! we wear them when we dont want people to see the outline of our legs and crotch on sunny days butcnat forgo thatgorgeous thin cotton skirt. When we are wearing old fashioned static prone materials, when wanting clothing to drape properly, to hide panty lines. For me thatisnt very often, i wear a cami top (just a top not the US 3/4 slip thing ) more often (gaping button and side boob insurance)

Something like this..1124.jpg

I bought it as a mini-skirt but because its modify I added a texture of a nylon slip and made it a little transparent. I wear it under some of my fuller skirts that fly around a lot. The problem is that the skirts needs to have the waist up fairly high or the slip goes through it making it look bad. But other than what I made from something else, I haven’t seen any.

I used to do a lot of custom designs, but i have stopped as it is very timeconsuming, but I am willing to help you if you got no other ways to find it, unless you are in a hurry to get it because I am very ill in real and have updays and downdays, mostly downs.. so those times I am not much inworld. Which means that I can not put a timeframe on it... at the moment I have been inword for about a 1 hour within the last 2-3 weeks.. sooo that kinda tells how slow i am at the moment LOL

But if you cant find a place to get them, then try to send me a picture of the one you perfer to have.. lenght and colors and the more you expain to me the better i can make it for you. I can't make it mesh and I do not make anything in full permission..

It depends on if i understand it correctly.. it is a 'underskirt' yes? (I am not english) the danish word is underskirt lol

I get my IMs offline and you can mail me at my email honnygal@hotmail.com

Blessings

Lis / Madam Martian

The same thing was discussed in a thread on the Fashions section:

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/Fashion/Basic-Slips/td-p/1898879

I pointed out reasons I would like to wear them in SL and sometimes wear them in RL.

To summarize:

In RL I have some dresses and tops that are semi-transparent and designed to wear over a slip (solid, no lace) of the same or similar color.

Also, in RL, some of my skirts are very uncomfortable because they scratch my legs. Slips are more comfortable. There are also the reasons that Attica listed above.

In SL I have made semi-transparent tops that I wear with camisoles (solid, no lace). I would like to do the same with skirts (my SL dresses are a combination of tops and skirts). However, in SL you can only wear one item on the skirt layer (unlike other layers where the "add" function works).

See pictures in other thread to know what I am talking about.

But most of the time, in both RL and SL, I do not wear slips.

Marybeth

FLICKR

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4079 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.