Valentines Gift vs DNS issue

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4088 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

its about this, i just read:

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/Featured-News/A-Valentine-s-Gift-for-You-from-Linden-Lab/ba-p/1887539

i may "over-reacting" since i usually don´t care about free sent gifts..., but i don´t think this is fair to European residents. Yesterday, 13th February, many residents, especially from Europe had issues to login due to  DNS issue.

http://status.secondlifegrid.net/2013/02/13/post1887/

The issue only was resolved by 7pm SLT. So, those residents who were not able to login while their evening and went to bed, were expected to get up in middle of night according their day time (for me it would have been 04am), to hope the issue is really resolved and to login the last remaining half hour to be eligible to receive the announced gift.

A nice promotion for american located residents, not fair to European located residents who experienced this issues yesterday. To announce this promotion one or two days earlier would have made sense, i think...

*goes back to his usual work, only 06am here -.-*

what a joke o.O Seriously... if someone gives you 10$ or 10€ as Valentines gift wouldn`t you think that person is not very interested in showing you, how much they appreciate you? Heh, come on..., least a teddy or some flowers would have done it.... but 10L$ o.O thats less than...wait..., thats less than nothing o.O *facedesks about unromantic Lindens* :D

Amazingly I noticed too that I have been given the super generous - big surprise gift - of 10 L$.  :smileysurprised:

Now I can upload one texture - at full size of 1024 x 1024 pixels - without spending my own money.

How cool is that!   :matte-motes-big-grin:  :smileytongue:

Thank you very much indeed Linden Lab.
sLo_valentine2.gif... Hey!  You could have put the 10 L$ in a nice cool gift box and sent it to all users.

(Sorry for the sarcasm, I know there are people without any money, so the tenner is very nice gift for them.)

im rich !!!!! woohoo !!!

I had 3L then I spent 1. so I only had 2L

then my Honeybunch Linden gave me 10L. bc im pretty and a good smoocher. not that i ever smooched a linden tho. but i would. well i never smooched anyone really. but i be good at it if i ever did. i think. maybe. somehow. or something q; (:

now i got 12L

i will be able to buy some stuff. will take me at least 3 weeks to decide what. at least. maybe even 4 (:

i wasn't even aware LL was doing something for valentines it's lucky i logged in yesterday the way i feel these days i'm not always physically up to logging in every day it was a nice surprise to get the L$10 i kinda wish the gift had been a little more generous after all the hype the blog post i just read made about it

Marcusgay Lefevre wrote:

what a joke
o.O
Seriously... if someone gives you 10$ or 10€ as Valentines gift wouldn`t you think that person is not very interested in showing you, how much they appreciate you? Heh, come on..., least a teddy or some flowers would have done it.... but 10L$
o.O
thats less than...wait..., thats less than nothing
o.O
*facedesks about unromantic Lindens*
:D

I'd be grateful they gave me anything at all.

Then again I don't put an enormous value on the tangibles in life.

Marcusgay Lefevre wrote:

what a joke
o.O
Seriously... if someone gives you 10$ or 10€ as Valentines gift wouldn`t you think that person is not very interested in showing you, how much they appreciate you? Heh, come on..., least a teddy or some flowers would have done it.... but 10L$
o.O
o.O

give yours to me. i'll have it. and i make sure it goes on a good cause. like me

q; (:

ps

is same like chocolates. i can eat 2 boxes as easy as 1 (:

16 wrote:

Marcusgay Lefevre wrote:

what a joke
o.O
o.O
o.O

give yours to me. i'll have it. and i make sure it goes on a good cause. like me

q; (:

ps

is same like chocolates. i can eat 2 boxes as easy as 1 (:

i haven`t gotten anything, which was reason to open this thread, as i was locked out of this, since i, and many others too, were affected by a DNS issue exactly while this promotion was running.

Marcusgay Lefevre wrote:

i haven`t gotten anything, which was reason to open this thread, as i was locked out of this, since i, and many others too, were affected by a DNS issue exactly while this promotion was running.

oh! ok sorry. I be a bit bummed out myself if that happened to me

the whole DNS thing. has been a pain for ages now. seems it comes and goes in floods. I get affected by it as well sometimes. not this time tho bc I get the present. is so random half the stuff that happens to us in SL

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4088 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.