Lag getting worse by the day!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3707 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Peggy Paperdoll wrote:

Again.......English 101. 
:)

*Professor Phil!  Professor Phil!!  Perrie's throwing spit balls at me!! *

Spit balls were nothing.

I once got the teacher with a whole glob of wet toilet paper in the back of the neck as they were walking outside below the third floor bathroom window. 

I wish I could have seen the look on his face but I had to make a very fast exit.

Peggy Paperdoll wrote:

Czari sure sounds Kentuckian to me?  

I'm joking........actually I think I have you mixed up with another regular here who I sometimes tease.  Plus you're just being picky about being from Kentucky..........it ain't so bad.  Daniel Boone was from Kentucky and he was the best President we ever had.......LOL

Although not from Kentucky...I do have some, let's say "familiarity" with the state.  Often people think of all of KY as the rural parts when, in actuality, the greater population lives in and around areas such as Lexington - great universities, medical centers, and a lot of wealthy people who own and/or breed race horses - Louisville, etc.

"Czari" is taken from the Russian title for Queen - Czarina. (Czar/Czarina - depending on the country can also be spelled Tsar/Tsarina).  After watching the movie "Nicholas and Alexandra" as a teenager, then reading the book, I thought "Czarina" was such a lovely name.  When I first signed onto the 'net in the 80's, joined IRC and had to come up with a "nick" - Czarina was the first name that came to mind.  I shortened it to "Czari" and in all online venues where possible* I have always been "Czari" (known on IRC as "The Royal Russian Redhead").

*Imposters abound!  When I tried signing up for my email account as Czari I got the "This name is already taken."  Arrrggggghhh!!!   I think I chose a unique name and someone else has it.  There was also already a Czari1, Czari2, etc.  I gave up around Czari14 and didn't want to be a "number person" anyway.  A few MMORPGs I played already had imposter Czari's.  :matte-motes-sour:

I'm not really as crabby as I sound...just detoxing from caffeine.  Arrgggghhh!!!

Perrie Juran wrote:

Peggy Paperdoll wrote:

Again.......English 101. 

Spit balls were nothing.

I once got the teacher with a whole glob of wet toilet paper in the back of the neck as they were walking outside below the third floor bathroom window. 

I wish I could have seen the look on his face but I had to make a very fast exit.

I had a Spanish teacher in high school who kept a spray bottle of water at her desk and if anyone fell asleep in class she spritzed them in the face.  (Our high school did not have A/C back then, although there were large windows and breezeways, but right before summer break it could get uncomfortably hot in FL classrooms.)

Czari Zenovka wrote:

Perrie Juran wrote:

Peggy Paperdoll wrote:

Again.......English 101. 

Spit balls were nothing.

I had a Spanish teacher in high school who kept a spray bottle of water at her desk and if anyone fell asleep in class she spritzed them in the face.  (Our high school did not have A/C back then, although there were large windows and breezeways, but right before summer break it could get uncomfortably hot in FL classrooms.)

I had a science teacher who was a dead aim with a water gun.

Ah, life was fun then.

What Mesh did is scare a lot of people into switching from v1 style viewers to v2 style viewers. The added features of the v2 viewers required more of their machines, which slowed down their experience, and Mesh took the blame. I resented it for a long time because it made me stop using Phoenix. (remember there was talk for months about dropping support for phoenix when mesh was introduced before they got the bugs out of the mesh-capable version.) Now I buy mesh.

I think the problem isn't mesh specifically, but the fact that as new technology comes along, something has to change. No computer is slow when you first get it. After a ton of updates, and your own use adding programs that use the resources, it begins to feel slower. you need to either compensate by optimizing what you can, or upgrade. I don't think SL is any different. I do wish that they would hold off on changes until they are more polished and ready. On your own viewer, you can adjust your settings downward a little, especially if you're unhappy with the performance. There are several sliders that can go downward and have a disproportinately good effect on performance with minimal negative effects to eye candy. There are things you can do in your OS to make 3d rendering work better. But I think nomatter what, a v1 style viewer will be quicker than a v2 or v3.

Regions have a LOT to do with lag or lack of it. There are some sims that I can walk around perfectly fine, like most urban environments, very open sims, such as deserts or islands, very closed sims, like tunnels or buildings. But then there are some that don't treat me quite as well. I don't shop inworld because it takes forever for vendors to rezz, especially when there are a lot in one place. A lot of foliage, while being almost nothing in terms of land impact, tax my wimpy graphics pretty hard, and fog eats my computer alive.

What's needed here from the OP is some specs. What kind of computer? What are the specs? What is he doing differently every day? What is he spending his money on? Where is he going? What viewer is he on? Once those are answered, then some useful advice can be given.

Perrie Juran wrote:

Czari Zenovka wrote:

Perrie Juran wrote:

Peggy Paperdoll wrote:

Again.......English 101. 

Spit balls were nothing.

Ah, life was fun then.

Today they would be taken off in handcuffs for such brutality.

Pamela Galli wrote:

Perrie Juran wrote:

Czari Zenovka wrote:

Perrie Juran wrote:

Peggy Paperdoll wrote:

Again.......English 101. 

Spit balls were nothing.

Ah, life was fun then.

Today they would be taken off in handcuffs for such brutality.

Actually, today they'd probably be taken down by a SWAT team.

• 1 year later...

Poor form, Peggy,

You should know that for all his shouting, he has a point. The facts are, the grid has issues. These are issues that do in fact get worse with each year, and each new bit of technology unveiled.

Sims crash with only 30 avatars on them for 20 minutes.

Teleports stop working for no reason.

Entire sims stay gray for hours upon teleporting in, regardless of cached/uncached.

Animations run once and then stop.

The viewer crashes routinely after approximately 2 hours of routine use. Memory usage steadily rises during play.

And the list goes on and on... The issues I've listed have all appeared since 2009, perhaps because of the new technology introduced, but also because LL has failed to accomodate its user burden responsibly. It's enough to make someone angry, and talking down on someone, mockery, and attempts at snide humor is no way to address those failures.

Thank you.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3707 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.