i need help with second life i'm new and i really don't get it yet help me please thank you!

sarbear789

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2439 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

7 answers to this question

Welcome to Second Life :)

There is a Quickstart Guide here http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Second-Life-Quickstart/ta-p/1087919 which should get you going. 

There are also many places in SL to help new residents. Unfortunately, it's very late for me and I'm off to bed but I'm sure others will chip in with the locations and more advice. :)

• Like 1

Hello Sarbear, welcome to Second Life

If you login to Second life, go to the search bar and try to find communities or tro to find schools, there are many schools that teach you how to go around sl, building, how to navigate, learn to do stuff, or maybe meet new friends and have them show you all the wonders of the virtual world. 

the Hippo Building School is a good example. just go to search in world and search for it, i'm sure you'll be allright :)

I have recently uploaded a (sadly) non audio video on Youtube giving newly joined or about to join users some means and ideas on where to go if they are stuck in the Social Island area after they have completed the (Learning Area Tutorials) I do apologise for the lack of audio (I can if requested do an audio descriptive version in the near future) but the video quality should be clear enough and obvious enough on how to attain freebies and get to a place that offers legit support and help. Thankyou very much for new comers time and patience.

EmperorsEmps aka Emperor Jahrome.

https://www.youtube.com/user/iguiste23

https://www.facebook.com/groups/119480092026698/

Edited by isaacguiste

There is a Destination Guide built into the viewer and one on the web. Both are categorised. 

There are a load of blogs that give destination tips. Search for them (Google) based on your preferences. the iHearts blog is an aggregator that will introduce you to hundreds of fashion sites.

Flickr has groups that require posters to include a URL/SLURL You see an image and get a SLURL.

You can use the World Map to browse the world. Places with lots of dots are busy... mostly. Some of those places are all bots. This is the least productive way of finding places. But, I've found some interesting places when I just wanted to explore and had nothing specific in mind.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2439 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.