Jump to content

Griefers can remove expensive things????


You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3676 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Recommended Posts

A few days ago we had a griefer running around our property.


A couple days later my pirate ship with all items on board vanished including my Intan 41 dance controller and my NHC TV media receiver and all furniture too. Also most the work on an aircraft I was working on.


The weasel left a single prim belonging to him on the ocean floor.
So, we cannot leave expensive items on our land? How is this even possible. Nothing was returned to lost and found..or anywhere in my inventory..
Is there anything that can be done? The loss was very expensive.


Any help would be greatly appreciated..

Decker Darkthief

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Unless there is some exploit I am unaware of I think it is very unlikely a griefer was able to take your items. More likely it was returned for some unknown reason, if so it may be part of a coallesed object so it may not be named what you expect. It is also possible that perhaps someone that has permission to edit your objects took it or if it happened to have been shared with a group, then any group member may have taken it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If your things had been in place for some time before they vanished you should ask to have your sim rolled back to a time when they were still there. There are times when a sim can be so flooded with excess prims that existing objects can disappear. They SHOULD be returned but it can take a while sometimes.  The griefer may or may not have had anything to do with the sim getting overloaded but you should put in an abuse report on the griefer's prim so someone can take a look at any scripts in it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Your account was hacked. LL consideres this a serious matter and will take immediate action.

What to do

  • Change your password immediately to something secure and unique
  • On the Second LIfe Help page page, click the Contact Support link on the right.
  • On the next page, click Submit a a Support Case form.
  • Under What type of problem are you having?, select Account Issue. A second dropdown appears.
  • Under Account Issue, select I believe my account has been compromised.
  • Fill in the rest of the fields as directed.
  • Click Submit.
  • Check your email for your case number.
  • Call the fraud number: 800-860-6990 .


Once you do this, Linden Lab will place your account on hold and investigate the relevant transactions. This may take a few days. Once they have concluded the investigation, They'll send you an email explaining thier conclusion and the action we will take. Note that all transactions involving Linden dollars are subject to Linden Lab's Terms of Service.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

definatly work of hackers?

finding cluthered stuff in your inventory we normally call SL ... thousends of people shared that wonderful experience.

please, let's keep it a little positive, just griefing is bad enough, hacking is a total different level of crime, and this most likely has nothing to do with one of both.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Kind of sounds like to me the griefer dropped a spoofing object that spoofed your name and you are not on mainland and the private region owner returned all your things to stop the spoofing spam to everyone on the region...

 

Not sure if this was mainland or private land. But thats what it may be....

Link to comment
Share on other sites


Theresa Tennyson wrote:

There are times when a sim can be so flooded with excess prims that existing objects can disappear. They SHOULD be returned but it can take a while sometimes.  

Just to add, I have seen this happen lots of times, mainly when prefab demo vendors mess up and they start rezzing demo's on top of each without deleting the previous one. In an instant I can go 1000 prims over my prim allocation and start seeing items returned. Every time this has happened it has been the last objects rezzed that were the first returned. Any objects in place before I exceeded the prim allowance have always remained in place.

So I think it very unlikely that the op's items were returned due to exceeding the prim allowance.

Link to comment
Share on other sites


Porky Gorky wrote:


Theresa Tennyson wrote:

There are times when a sim can be so flooded with excess prims that existing objects can disappear. They SHOULD be returned but it can take a while sometimes.  

Just to add, I have seen this happen lots of times, mainly when prefab demo vendors mess up and they start rezzing demo's on top of each without deleting the previous one. In an instant I can go 1000 prims over my prim allocation and start seeing items returned. Every time this has happened it has been the last objects rezzed that were the first returned. Any objects in place before I exceeded the prim allowance have always remained in place.

So I think it very unlikely that the op's items were returned due to exceeding the prim allowance.

My comment was based on personal experience. I've had objects returned to me because of things that happened on a neigbors lot, and they were things that were in place for months.

Link to comment
Share on other sites


Theresa Tennyson wrote:

My comment was based on personal experience. I've had objects returned to me because of things that happened on a neigbors lot, and they were things that were in place for months.

Ah yes I had not considered that. I was thinking on a plot level rather than a region level. I am not sure what order objects are returned if the region prim cap is reached.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3676 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...