Lumpy ankles

sooby Mills

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4133 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi...

Sorry if i missed this...

I noticed that my Avi's ankles are lumpy..it's like when my legs get to my ankles, they are bigger than the ankles and so they look like i'm almost wearing trousers by the shape of them,(well, not quite that bad but you know what i mean),

Tho i'm not wearing anything on them...I tried changing my avi in edit, but i cant seem to hit the right note...anyone can help? I would be very grateful. Thanks in advance

My viewer is FS 4.2.2

when this happen are you not wearing any pants or panties layer ?

it can happen that shorty or panties is not settle well, and the layer has settings for being too long like a pants. so there is nothing displayed on legs bec of the panties templates but the layer has still a wrong setting.

in this case, if its mod, try to edit the layer and just make it shorter. The pb will be fixed right away.

otherwise it can come from your shape, and see if its mod and edit it.

But what you describe make me think more to a short pants layer no rightly settled.

Let me know, if you could fix. Otherwise contact me inworld and i will take a look at your problem

sooby Mills wrote:

Hi...

Sorry if i missed this...

I noticed that my Avi's ankles are lumpy..it's like when my legs get to my ankles, they are bigger than the ankles and so they look like i'm almost wearing trousers by the shape of them,(well, not quite that bad but you know what i mean),

Tho i'm not wearing anything on them...I tried changing my avi in edit, but i cant seem to hit the right note...anyone can help? I would be very grateful. Thanks in advance

My viewer is FS 4.2.2

It is the default mesh of the Second Life avatar that is created this way, unfortunatelly. Unless you wear an alpha layer and separatly created bare feet, it will have this appearance.

Hi

Thanks both for the reply...

I tried to shorten the length of any pants trousers etc but nothing made a difference...

I also edited my avi to see if that helped...but it still looks the same...Nothing seemed to make a difference, i still have lumpy ankles lool...I notice i have the same problem with a different shape...a much smaller avi i use quite a lot..

If you're wearing traditional-style shoes where the wearable object is just a shoe that's worn on your avatar's foot after it's been shaped by the "shoe" clothing item your ankles are probably going to look a little unfortunate if you're wearing heels. It's a limitation of the avatar mesh. Shoes that include feet usually look better in the ankle area but they have their own shortcomings.

The canckle effect when wearing any heel is the main reason shoes with prim fee are so popular.  Women have bemoaned cankles almost from the start of SL and certainly long before anyone even dreamed of prim feet. Invest in a a pair of shoes with prim feet.  RIgged mesh feet are the best you can get now and look quite natural.  You don't even need a strap to hide where the join the leg if you get the high quality ones. 

If they are bigger than your thigh then your avatar thinks it is still wearing flared pants when it is not.

The only thing I can remember people doing for that would be to remove everything, wear only a bikini maybe, then clear your SL cache and relog. Hopefully that straightens it out. 

Sometimes wearing a different pair of pants then taking them off helps, I suppose it resets the information in some way.

Also, take a photo of it, post it here if you can, and ask others around you if they see you that way. That might help others here to figure out what is going wrong with your avatar.

ok, so from what i see on your pics, your ankles are normal for a sl avi. As someone said already, ankles and feet in sl are usually not perfect. You can fix it wearing, shoes with feet and alpha, or even bare feet with alpha, but then, you have to know that you will have to adjust the color with your skin and whatever perfect it will look on your screen, other pp may see it different if they dont use the same windlight setting than you (light environment). But well, as far as you see them good, lets say its ok, because this is a brainteaser that cant be solved. Ill add, that i dont think that a lot of pp will focus on your ankles lol.

For your problem with your skin. As far as i know, its normal you see your skin rezzing from part to part during some seconds. then if you still see a lil line, try to rebake (ctrl + alt + R). If this still go on, this mean the skin you are wearing is not perfect. You can have good quality skin for free, if you go in some store like Poudre, Mojo, Amacci etc (i just give the 3 ones that comes to my mind right away but there are a lot more) that gives monthly group gifts. As far as i know, their group gifts are same quality than the regular other skins they sale, so you can have good ones like this. 

you can also take a look at these blogs : they display some great quality gifts : Fabfree blog ; Slection blog  (the second one is in spanish, but worth to be seen imho).

OK guys...Thank's very much for your help in this, looks like maybe i'm a bit too picky :)

I appreciate all of your help and Trinity, i will check out the blogs, mainly i use Panda Punx and WOW skins, Maybe i will just get a shed load of boots so no one will even notice! lol..

Thanks again for everything!

Soobs

That's what I did at first. I like boots anyway so it was not a big deal, but, boots aren't always appropriate. Then I discovered SLink fake feet and shoes. There are other brands too. But the biggest headache with those is matching the skin tone to your avatar skin. You also cannot wear stockings with most of them. Depends how much you hate the cankles.

If you like being able to wear stockings and being able to easily match skin colors with a hud, I highly recommend N- Core. They have excellent footwear and the hud lets you change various details and colors of the heels, like the sole, straps, buckle, etc. It also has several options of stockings or even socks that can be color coordinated as well.

• 4 weeks later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4133 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.