Permanent Banned Account

Protocolo

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3434 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Can the LL consider my apologies in a ticket based on this?

- I created my banned account in 2009, today it's 2012 and i'm 17 years old. Does that make me elligeble to play the game again? I seriously believe that what I done back then was wrong, I aknowledge my previous mistakes 100%. After years of reflection here I am begging for another chance. I would be very grateful if I coulplay SL again in my computer. I already sent a ticket explaining and I am considering calling the l support via phone. Please help me...(sorry if I typed incorrectly some of the words, I'm from Portugal).

I know that years ago LL has reinstated a dormant or abandoned account.  However, I think reinstating a perma banned account for any reason should never be considered.   Otherwise, what would be the purpose of banning someone? Some may see this opinion as harsh, but I'm a firm believer in following through. 

That you are able to come back as another account, post on this board so Lindens can see you are returning & was once banned ... well, I think that's very generous of LL to allow you to play the game.

You can have any number of avatars but only one avatar operator - you.  And when LL bans, it's YOU they ban, not just the avatar.

I agree with other poster ... you should consider yourself lucky to be back in the game.

That'not the case, i cant play the game simply because my pc information got banned. I don't care much about my old accounts, all I want i to be able to play the game in my PC. I know I am still lucky to be able to post here and I really apreciate your feedback though.

Yes sorry I missed that bit.  A little more diffiuclt but not insurmountable of course.  A new computer of course is not in everyone's budget.

Then again, you never know what LL may decide.  We aren't aware of the reason for your banning & is really none of our business of course.  But I would submit appeal & see what happens.  Never know without trying right?

Protocolo wrote:

Can the LL con
s
i
d
er my apologie
s
in a ticket ba
s
e
d
on thi
s
?

- I create
d
my banne
d
account in 2009, to
d
ay it'
s
2012 an
d
i'm 17 year
s
ol
d
. Doe
s
that make me elligeble to play the game again? I
s
eriou
s
ly believe that what I
d
one back then wa
s
wrong, I aknowle
d
ge my previou
s
mi
s
take
s
100%. After year
s
of reflection here I am begging for another chance. I woul
d
be very grateful if I coul
play SL again in my computer. I already sent a ticket explaining and I am considering calling the l support via phone. Please help me...(sorry if I typed incorrectly some of the words, I'm from Portugal).

We can say one thing or another, but nothing more. We are not Lindens. Submit the appeal and ... cross fingers. I wish you good luck (from your neighbor Spain) in any case.

As I understand it, your machine has been banned, meaning that LL has on record information that allows it to recognize your machine.  Do you have static IP address.  If so, can you change it?  (If you have a dynamic IP address, it should have been changed whenever you had a power outage.)  SL might just be using the IP address to recognize you, so that change might fix things.  

If not, can you afford to become a premium member for a time?  If so, you can call the billing help number and probably get a person to help you.  

Otherwise, in addidtion to filing tickets, you could go to the Answers section of this forum and ask how people who were banned for being underaged can reenter once they reach the required age.  You can't be the only person this has happened to.  

Goog luck 

TKR

Since banning by IP address doesn't work & almost always will include other innocent users, I'm sure LL doesn't use this method. 

As another poster said, there is an appeal process when someone has been perma banned.  I think this is the only route that the OP has if he wants to use his same computer.

The billing lline will not help you with issues other than billing but a premium member can take advantage of live chat.  However, I do think this is a situation that would have to be handled higher up the food chain & why they have an appeals process. 

It would be interesting to learn the outcome if the OP does go forward. 

Sorry to say you have already committed another TOS violation by creating another account and will have that one banned to when LL finds out about it.  They may permaban it by computer hardware too, so you won't be able to use that computer in the future nor will the owner of that computer.

Breaking the rules to ask for forgiveness is not a good way to show that you are ready to mend your ways.  I've never known anyone that was perma banned through their computer to be reinstated and any attempts to create another account in the future are eventually found out and dealt with.. Bans of this type are reserved for the most grievous of offenses and are issued for good reason. 

From Section 11.3 of TOS (bolding is mine)

"Linden Lab may suspend or terminate your Account if you violate this Agreement, along with any or all other Accounts held by you or otherwise related to you as determined by Linden Lab, and your violation of this Agreement shall be deemed to apply to all such Accounts. Upon termination of your Accounts, this Agreement between us will be automatically terminated and you may not re-subscribe to Second Life, or return to Second Life through other or future Accounts you or others may set up."

My advice is to live and learn from your mistakes and move on with your RL.

Perrie Juran wrote:

16 wrote:

he is MAC address banned. he just has to change it on his computer. he can google to find out how to do that

He would still be violating the TOS. 

yes

but OP is one of 1000s and 1000s who done dumb stuff in SL when they was younger. we all do dumb stuff sometime in our lives

Linden, specially Philip was always tolerant with young people. same lots of the founding Lindens, they into compassion and forgiveness. while the big company has to have big hard rules, dont mean they have to be mean forever as well

so if OP comes back and not do what he did same old as before then nobody linden will bother him. is heaps and heaps of griffers who back now in SL, and they live quiet and be good and respectful of others now

is a few who never learn and coming back and backand doing same old.  and the Lindens keep wasting them as they should

Giving advice how to get around a ban is irresponsible because it is impossible for you to know if he is sincere and should be forgiven. You have no idea what he did or his real age at the time, only what he claims.  For all you know he could be a pedophile or serial griefer since LL uses this kind of ban only for the most grievous of offenses.

It is not up to the people here in the forum to determine what is appropriate as only LL knows the real facts in this case. If he really was 14 at the time and his only offense was lying about his age, and he can now prove he's an adult, they may just allow him to come back.  But personally I think there might be a lot more to the story than he has said and what you assume.

It is against TOS to create a new account after being perma-banned, even though people do it a lot. You just outed yourself as a second bannable offense actually. Lol

Might have been more clever to ask first, and then make a new account...

I'm assuming you were banned for being underage. You are still under 18 so if you get in you can only go to G land. 

If I were LL I'd see if you had ever gone to Mature land or Adult land on your new account. That would give an idea how serious  you are about their rules.

Those are my thoughts. 

We can't help you, in here, we can only give our thoughts.

Amethyst Jetaime wrote:

Giving advice how to get around a ban is irresponsible because it is impossible for you to know if he is sincere and should be forgiven. You have no idea what he did or his real age at the time, only what he claims.  For all you know he could be a pedophile or serial griefer since LL uses this kind of ban only for the most grievous of offenses.

It is not up to the people here in the forum to determine what is appropriate as only LL knows the real facts in this case. If he really was 14 at the time and his only offense was lying about his age, and he can now prove he's an adult, they may just allow him to come back.  But personally I think there might be a lot more to the story than he has said and what you assume.

i take people at their word. first time. end up jumping at shadows otherwise

if he was a serial greifer then he already knows how to ban evade

+

is this whole illusion thing that if we dont say how the bad guys do the stuff they do then they won't learn how to do it

how many regulars on here know how to ban evade? probably just about everyone. and thats the thing, we not all innocents either. and even them that are somehow innocents  know  how to ban evade

is the whole pretend no evil thing

Knowing something and doing something are different things. One can know something and still be innocent of doing it.

So we can know how some griefing things happen and still be "innocents."

16 wrote:

how many regulars on here know how to ban evade? probably just about everyone. and thats the thing, we not all innocents either. 

Melita Magic wrote:

Knowing something and doing something are different things. One can know something and still be innocent of doing it.

So we can know how some griefing things happen and still be "innocents."

16 wrote:

how many regulars on here know how to ban evade? probably just about everyone. and thats the thing, we not all innocents either. 

thats true

is just that i dont get the whole security by obscurity thing. have always thought is better that more ppl know how stuff works, even the bad stuff

16 wrote:

how many regulars on here know how to ban evade? probably just about everyone. and thats the thing, we not all innocents either. and even them that are somehow innocents  know how to ban evade.

For the record, I'm a "regular" and I have no earthly idea how to ban evade. I never even heard that term until your post.  I don't want to know either. ;)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3434 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.