Voting Station, v1.3 - Useless?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1987 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Ok.. I have had the "good ole"  Voting Station, v1.3 in my clubs now for.. years.. They make a sound when someone votes.. it tells you how many votes were tallied today so far... you can only vote once a day... but now I hear the data is NOT going to LL anymore?  So... what's the purpose of them?  Is it true that LL doesn't use the data anymore for rankings in search?  How does one get a better ranking then?  What other ways are there to market a club, etc?  Am I just too "old school"?  Has SL technology left me in the dust?

Clint Quandry wrote:

Ok.. I have had the "good ole"  Voting Station, v1.3 in my clubs now for.. years.. They make a sound when someone votes.. it tells you how many votes were tallied today so far... you can only vote once a day... but now I hear the data is NOT going to LL anymore?  So... what's the purpose of them?  Is it true that LL doesn't use the data anymore for rankings in search?  How does one get a better ranking then?  What other ways are there to market a club, etc?  Am I just too "old school"?  Has SL technology left me in the dust?

many places still have em & hostesses will still encourage you to 'tap that ole vote box' but my understanding is that theyre outuv comission for anything useful

Jeanne

• Like 1

Well if you want a different voting staition thats like the the one your using. Its best if you got a few for your clubs that have website directories. You can find them on the marketplace if they're free, say like meta vote i think one of them is called. You could try things like Fish Hunt or Gold Hunt from Second Ads Which i reccommend because people vote on your land with their huds. Try and get what you can to bring in a lot of people. If you can't afford that, then just stick with vote stations that have website directories.

I hope this will help you out!

• 6 years later...
On 10/14/2018 at 8:19 AM, Lixena Lamourfou said:

Here it is 2018, and  I still see them around with DJ's asking people to do not forget to vote.

They have other voting stations now. Ones where you can vote for each individual song and the DJ with the most scoring songs wins... (it is a kinda perverted system, as they do not want feedback, they want to go into highscore, as more folks check out the club with the top DJs)

"Vote, Vote, Vote" is almost as common as  "show some Linden loveing" today ...

• 5 weeks later...
On 10/16/2018 at 11:41 PM, Fionalein said:

They have other voting stations now. Ones where you can vote for each individual song and the DJ with the most scoring songs wins... (it is a kinda perverted system, as they do not want feedback, they want to go into highscore, as more folks check out the club with the top DJs)

"Vote, Vote, Vote" is almost as common as  "show some Linden loveing" today ...

SL Nightclub Community we need some clubbing innovation.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1987 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.