I dont understand why these were removed and how to fix them

Arielle Simondsen

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4301 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have some terrain textures I created and put for sale, they got taken down saying Not As Advertised-Incorrect Listing Category.  If I am selling sand and grass textures and they dont belong under home and garden (I put them under other home and garden)  - where else would they go?????  I can't even seem to get back into the listing to try and correct it.  Do I have to re-create tham all over again?

Also, none of these have even sold yet (so I dont think it could have been a customer complaint), they were some additional items I put up that were newly created.  They are all in the same category as my other terrain textures. So.. I dont get it!

Any help is appreciated!

Submit a Support Ticket following the instructions given in the post here: http://community.secondlife.com/t5/Merchants/Best-ways-to-contact-the-Commerce-Team/td-p/1159787/jump-to/first-unread-message

Ask them why they were unlisted and which category they should go into. That is the only way to be absolutely sure of the reason. Dakota will do her best to give you a reasonable answer, but be aware that she is also very overloaded and may take some time to reply. But she WILL reply .. just be patient.

The same thing has been happening to me for the last 2 years, at my Mktplace Shop.

I have logged in multiple times, to post new product I've made, only to find that several

(and on a couple of occasions large chunks of my store inven) have been flagged and

removed from circulation for completly non demonstrable reasons..or for no 'reason' 

at all. Talk about demoralising...

I wouldnt want to begin trying to calculate how much this has cost me in lost time ('tempus fugit')

and money to repost, over and over and over, and try as might, in 2 years all i've been able to do is 

file 'tickets' that are then summilarily ignored. A logical supposition might be that whomever is paid

to 'police' the mktplace doesnt have any proper incentive to do so, and so just randomly 'pulls' listings

ad hoc to fulfill quotas.... that at least would address the apparent random removal of pages, for no

apparent reason. Its not the way I would treat a 'Premium User' who was paying monthly cash into my

Buisiness, whilst generating cash for its economy with the other hand, but...I guess different people 

have different ways of doing business.

yeah I might have to start from scratch with them.  How frustrating!  Its time consuming as I try to do it properly (not that its doing me much good!  lol) but I guess I will have to sit and re-do them.  Plus the others I have set to go.  Gosh you'd think 35L items should not be such a bit deal!  ugh.  thanks everyone!!!  maybe I'll hear something back from my ticket too and get some insight as to why some in the category are fine and others aren't.  I would think a grass is a grass and a sand is a sand and the textures would go to the same category!

Arielle, it's very possible that someone shopping in that category saw them and flagged them just because they really do belong in textures.

The only way to reactivate them would be to use the link that Darrius provided and talk to Support. Let them know that it was just a mistake and you would like to get them reactivated so that you can put them in the Building Components/Textures category/Plant and Garden textures (if they were Plant and Garden). Make sure to list them in the most specific sub-category to avoid another "flagging" incident.  You may also want to check your other textures and make sure they are listed properly. Just one note - it looks like most of your textures are not full perm - that means they can only be used for personal usage and not for builders - it might be a good idea to note that on the descriptions.

I hope you will be up and running again very soon!

Arielle Simondsen wrote:

maybe I'll hear something back from my ticket too and get some insight as to why some in the category are fine and others aren't.  I would think a grass is a grass and a sand is a sand and the textures would go to the same category!

Like Aurelia said, those textures should fall under Building Components - Textures, so you may want to correct the category for the ones that were not flagged this time as well. As to the apparent randomness of flagging items, It's not like that that's because the product review team considered some were fine and the others weren't but simply because the flagger flagged only the items they came across while they were searching for something in Home and Garden category.

Amethyst Jetaime referred you to the correct MP catagory Textures > Ground textures. As a customer, that is where I would look for textures. If I wanted something made out of sand for the garden, I'd look in Home and Garden.

It is really frustrating when a customer types in something like "Steampunk boot" in the search and gets everything from flying houses to buttplugs.

I suppose the merchant justifies this by thinking something like "Well, a steampunk dude might use a buttplug" or "The house is sorta shaped like a boot and it does fly and don't they have flying houses in steampunkland?."

A merchant who uses incorrect categories and keywords under the assumptions that no one will report it and that it will increase sales does us all a disservice. But then, I don't see much consideration for anyone but oneself out there these days.

Rose Mackie wrote:

It is really frustrating when a customer types in something like "Steampunk boot" in the search and gets everything from flying houses to buttplugs.

I suppose the merchant justifies this by thinking something like "Well, a steampunk dude might use a buttplug" or "The house is sorta shaped like a boot and it
does
fly and don't they have flying houses in steampunkland?."

A common mistake.

While similar in form and function to buttplugs, these are actually experimental steampunk devices to collect alternative fuels .... both methane gas and solid waste for bio-fuel.

A clever 2-way valve allows both materials to be extracted separately at the same time by simply sitting on an appropriate fuel collector.

Theoretically a family of 5 can produce enough fuel to fly a house.

The boot shape is simply a design statement inferring that all innovation starts with "a good swift kick".

Dartagan Shepherd wrote:

A common mistake.

While similar in form and function to buttplugs, these are actually experimental steampunk devices to collect alternative fuels .... both methane gas and solid waste for bio-fuel.

A clever 2-way valve allows both materials to be extracted separately at the same time by simply sitting on an appropriate fuel collector.

Theoretically a family of 5 can produce enough fuel to fly a house.

The boot shape is simply a design statement inferring that all innovation starts with "a good swift kick".

FOCROFLMAO!!!

ThumbsUp.png

Seriously Dart ... you need to make one of those. I predict a MAJOR Market Killer. Just imagine explaining to your grandkids how you made your millions!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4301 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.